PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Riding

bakerboyz
02-10-2002, 05:57 PM
Big article in the star ledger today on . The state DEP wants the jungle habitat (west milford) track to happen.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/news-0/10133358031150224.xml

There will be a meeting at the county office on Monday Night.

Show support

From Xtreme Mom "Our next meeting is with the county and will be Feb 11 @ 401 Grand St in Paterson, NJ. We need tons of people to show support! it is at 6:30 and on the second floor. Take Garden State Parkway north to RT-19 exit, (exit # 155P) on left towards 1-80 Paterson...merge into NJ-19N. Take to 1-80 w/Grand St, tunr right on Grand St "

Hope some exriders can show up

NJ300ex
02-10-2002, 06:14 PM
I will probably be there to show some support.

400exRacerX
02-10-2002, 07:25 PM
I'll be there, that would be so great if we get a place to ride. I hope its just not trails because I would like a motocross track to practice on.

NJ300ex
02-10-2002, 07:34 PM
I think it is going to just be trails. From what I understand the track is for BMX. I wouldn't be suprised though if they let volunteers build a ATV/dirtbike track after they have been opened for awhile.

02-10-2002, 10:23 PM
about time we get some kind of support,never thought the dep would but that is great news,now we need all of us to push this,i lilive in nyc but would drive to argue for a push for this

beerock
02-10-2002, 11:18 PM
I have talked to them about building a motocross/atv track

we should be able to make one. well see.

I might come to the meeting.

it be great if we all had exriders shirts to go to the meeting tomorow;).

we should all wear our motocross outfits.

All I know is that im going to wear my suit when I go there.

mrusk
02-11-2002, 01:22 PM
This is very good for us!!!! I am crossing my fingers that everything goes through!

matt

02-11-2002, 07:48 PM
here is the big @ss%ole will need to email,
go to this link give your input to him cut and paste this and email it

http://actionnetwork.org/campaign/noatvs

I'm writing to express my APPROVAL to a proposal by the NJ Division of Parks and Forestry to allow off-road gasoline-operated vehicles in our NJ parks. By any name, off-road vehicles (ORVs), all terrain vehicles (ATVs), motorcycles, etc., are illegal to operate in NJ's park lands, let's make it legal so everbody can enjoy the state parks.

Many other states in the US allow ATVers, who appreciate the environment, and care for it just as much as the next guy, to take part in recreational activities at various state parks. Why should NJ be any different?

In the 70's and early 80's these vehicles discharged between 25 and 30% of their oil-gas mixture directly into the environment. However, today’s standards have created quieter and much less toxic exhaust, which greatly diminished the threat to the air quality. There is far worse polluting being done by industrial companies, and traffic jams on the Parkway and Turnpike in NJ.

According to the NJ Division of Parks and Forestry, "The responsibility of the State Lands Management Program is to maintain a healthy, biologically diverse ecosystem that will sustain wildlife including threatened and endangered plant and animal species while providing for quality air, water and soil; recreational and educational opportunities."
That's right! Provide recreational and educational opportunities for everyone, including ATVers. The "GOAL" of the NJ Division of Parks and Forestry can still be met while allowing ATVs into the parks. It's not a fail all end all situation.
Allowing ATVs in our state parks is clearly something that the public wants and demands, you just have to hear it from the right people (constituents). Thanks for your time.

02-12-2002, 08:55 PM
just to be clear what do i have to do to voice my opinion for myself and fellow riders

beerock
02-12-2002, 09:02 PM
Did any of you go to the meeting? I went with my girlfriend and no one was there from exriders, So I think.

I just emailed that guy too.

02-12-2002, 09:13 PM
i want to go to one of these meetings,but iam a local new yorker

i must have sent like 50 emails to that guy,from different people,hey beesrock how is the pit,still ride there

beerock
02-12-2002, 10:34 PM
I got this email from john parinello:email: samzachm@cybernex.net

Hi All,

Just a little note to fill you in on where we are and last nights meeting:

The proposal was not on the agenda last night officially anyway (which does not mean it would not have been placed there if we had not been there!) There were 2 that I knew from the Sierra Club (our biggest opposition) present and there were 3 who spoke in opposition. We made a good showing ,there were about 20 people in our corner many new faces and I would like to thank you on behalf of X-Treme Habitat and personally. We presented the Board with the proposal and a package of other info i.e.: our fact sheet, pics and article about community services performed by off-road groups such as us. People who spoke were 1= Chris Howell ,Pres. X-treme, Mary Lopez , VP X-treme, Greg Padley, Sec/Press Etc., a couple of greenies, JP, and an individual from the Ridge Riders MC. Also Lindsay one of the founders of NJORVP IN Chatsworth, N.J. We touched on the various benefits and the greenies touch on water, plants and gas spewing all over from every imaginable place on a bike, their typical rhetoric. Anyway it should prove a formidable battle but if we work hard, bring together the masses both in person , e-mail and pen when and if needed(lets not get complacent, this is a battle) one that we can win if we all work hard and do our part. Pass the word the BIG meeting will be the state meeting said to be within 60 days as soon as we hear we will pass the word. At that meeting we need everyone and their friends, families and neighbors etc we will need everyone from anywhere who cares about the cause!!!!

Thanx again for all your help

Soon

Ps keep the petitions going!!! JP

400exRacerX
02-13-2002, 02:25 PM
Rock the mullet.

02-13-2002, 04:10 PM
you dont have to tell me twice give me the directions and ill be there time, date.keep me posted ill bring at least 20 people myself...im from the south jersey area if that helps

beerock
02-13-2002, 04:42 PM
Just be4 ready to go on a moments notice, this is a big deal here, we have the seirra club as opposition and they will pound us into the ground.

we need ALOT of people, heck we need everyone who rides in NJ to come.
the seirra club wouldnt stand a chance if all the riders in NJ came to the meeting.

THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT TRACK we are trying to open.

THIS COULD BE THE START OF ALL THE STATE OWNED LAND TO BE OPENED TO US ATV"RS

this should not be taken lightly.

It is also going to be BIG FIGHT

THIS IS OUR LIVELY HOODS ON THE LINE

bakerboyz
02-13-2002, 06:31 PM
I'm In if it's not a monday night. (got hockey)

02-13-2002, 06:35 PM
since iam from ny city do i still have a voice in nj

beerock
02-13-2002, 06:51 PM
the more the merrier!

02-13-2002, 07:02 PM
well i have about 50 people who have emailed for the new parks defense,,,this will happen but we need all the atvers from m.v pitts to sarco and jackson pits to fight for this,,,,,everyone who owns a bike 2 wheel 4 wheel or snow moblie what ever has a engine in it...

02-13-2002, 09:25 PM
Thanks for using EXriders.com for this info....
Count me in......... :macho

02-13-2002, 11:08 PM
Hey this sounds great a chance to change the NO ATV STATE.

Boy will this be a long battle. We had better be completely organized and will need more than just riders if you want to have even a small chance of defeating the sierra club.

These people are truely organized and employ several professionals who will be at the ready to testify at any meeting or court preceeding.

I have the following thoughts that may be of help (just my .02 again LOL)

We may need another forum to contact those interested in attending meetings. Email or telephone etc as not everyone reads all the posts everyday. I for one would have been to the last meeting if I had known.

I think that we must get the attention and even help of some of the Nj politicians. This would be a tremendous help as we all know how things really get done here.

Numbers are always a great thing at any town council meeting etc. and will be very beneficial. Can anyone create flyers that we could download and get into the hands of the MC dealers and other places where we could get some good exposure and more people involved.

Has anyone looked to other ATV or MC groups for info or support.

We should also consider more than just emailing the politicians involved. Telephone calls and letters still carry some additional weight.

If anyone has time or ability to get the info on paper I could get them into the right places for some great exposure.

Hope my rambling was helpful.

thanx

MikeL250X
02-14-2002, 10:11 AM
I'm in, just let us know when/where.

beerock
02-14-2002, 12:38 PM
I think everyone from this site who knows about other forums needs to get the word out to the other forums.

I also think we should be putting up flyers in our local motorcycle shops EVERYWHERE!

I have not been informed yet on what type of flyer we need to be putting up, but im sure one of the main people will be posting in here soon, I sent a link to this topic to two of them.

NJ300ex
02-14-2002, 01:50 PM
it might be hard to make flyers though because all the meeting dates seem to be told to the public at the last minute.

PsychoDave
02-14-2002, 04:59 PM
I have about 7 friends that would participate......i just e-mailed that link before too.....

xtreme mom
02-14-2002, 06:48 PM
Update for everyone.... The property has almost 800 acres. we plan to use the property for BMX, mountain bikes, skate park, handicap access to recreation, enduro trails and motocross pratice tracks. We plan to have a building with running water and bathrooms, concessions and repair/parts. I talked to the state today, they received 700 emails from the sierra club this week against this, we need to get working....
also, the state is going to require us to do some environmental surveys before the "Open Meeting", so we are going to need help from lawyers and engineers...We are also going to need donations to off set some of the costs...Mail them to: Xtreme habitat PO Box 493 West Milford, NJ 07480

The Open meeting will be held after we get the impact surveys completed, so we will post the date and times.

Keep writing those letters!!!

87Warrior
02-14-2002, 07:29 PM
Everyone knows the best and only LEAGLE (but who cares anyway ilLEAGLE, LEAGLE doesn't matter, just got to know how to not get caught) place to ride is in Chatsworth near 'Nacle(NewJerseyOffRoadVehicalPark), here (http://www.njorvp.org/), the quad track isn't amazing but it beats the backyard. AND I hear talk of making trails in the State Forrests. could happen might not who knows.

MikeL250X
02-14-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 87Warrior
Everyone knows the best and only LEAGLE (but who cares anyway ilLEAGLE, LEAGLE doesn't matter, just got to know how to not get caught) place to ride is in Chatsworth near 'Nacle(NewJerseyOffRoadVehicalPark), here (http://www.njorvp.org/), the quad track isn't amazing but it beats the backyard. AND I hear talk of making trails in the State Forrests. could happen might not who knows.

I think you mean Legal... those who abide by the law should at least know how to spell it..

beerock
02-15-2002, 12:53 AM
I just got this form John parinello:

Hi all,
Well I got an online petition up and operating for those of
you with web sites etc. I'd like to ask you to link this petition to
your sites.Everone else lets sign it and pass it along!!!

JP
God Bless America and Damn Those Who Sc ew With US

http://www.petitiononline.com/jp123456/petition.html

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beerock
02-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Please post in here to let us know you signed the petition.

02-15-2002, 10:44 AM
Dear Friends,

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Recreation for ALL on State Land (NJ ohv park)"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
service, at:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/jp123456/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too. As the Vice President of X-Treme Habitat, a dedicated BMX

mom and a health advocate I urge you to sign the petition. We are in
dire need of a local BMX Track , Skate Park, Mountain Bike Trails,
Program for the disabled, ATV Trails, and MotoX Track in the Northern
New Jersey area.
As you already know there are environmentalists out there who are
lobbying against our proposal with hopes of stopping us. We at X-Treme
Habitat are also concerned and I can assure you we will make every
effort to maintain the integrity of the land. We would like to show the
the state that we too, deserve the right to recreate responsibly on
State Land. Even if you do not live in NJ you too are entitled to
recreate responsibly on NJ State land.
Are you aware you can not legally ride a bicycle on the trails in your
state park!
As a grass root non profit organization we are continually in need of
operating expenses and volunteers. If you would like to make a
contribution or volunteer your services feel free to contact us.
Please forward this letter to other supporters you may know.
Thank You.

Sincerely,
Mary F. Lopez RN
mzloco@warwick.net
Vice President
X-Treme Habitat
PO Box 493
West Milford NJ 07480

The X-Treme Habitat Web Site is currently under construction feel free
to visit:

http://www.bmxjerseystyle.com/

for current information.

:D

02-15-2002, 11:16 AM
Signed 2/15/02. A special thanks to X-Treme Habitat!:)

QuadRacer041
02-15-2002, 12:29 PM
signed and sent to 10 other freinds

NJ300ex
02-15-2002, 03:03 PM
I just signed it and will send to friends in one minute.

02-15-2002, 04:51 PM
i signed the petition and any donations that would be helpful let me know where and who id send it to...

xtreme mom
02-15-2002, 05:52 PM
donations can be sent to Xtreme Habitat
PO Box 493
West Milford, NJ 07480

THANKS!

02-15-2002, 05:55 PM
i just emailed a few friends,who will pass it along,i will try to get donations,i will defintly send......

xtreme mom
02-27-2002, 04:54 PM
We need your help. West Milford passed last week a resolution opposing motorized use, because they felt more people were opposing it than supporting it. we need bodies to attend the next council meeting to show them they are wrong. March 6 @ 7:30. If you can not make the meeting email your feelings to the council members..their addresses are:
bmoshman@optonline.net
rszuszkowski@hotmail.com
councilmangargano@hotmail.com
rephil@optonline.net
jennysue@bellatlantic.net
manager@westmilford.org

Thanks!

Support your sport!!!

beerock
02-27-2002, 05:00 PM
ok guys you heard it, we got a date lets get on this!!!
I better see everyone of you at the meeting! this is serious stuff!!!

NJ300ex
02-27-2002, 05:08 PM
I am planning on going but I don't know where the meeeting will be. You have to list all the info.

PsychoDave
02-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Post some directions please!!! I will make every attempt to go (with a few other riders too)

xtreme mom
02-27-2002, 06:11 PM
Rt 23, to Echo Lake Road..take to end, make a left on to Macopin, follow to end, bear right at fork(union Valley rd) town hall is on the right...1480 Union Valley Road

2k2-300exnj
03-04-2002, 03:23 PM
everyone wear exriders shirts or some sort of riding gear we can get the point across just an update i signed the pention and there are 875 replies

quadfamily
03-05-2002, 10:06 PM
I signed

2k2-300exnj
03-17-2002, 10:50 AM
i havent heard anything on it in a while is this track thing gonna happen i cant wait

NJ300ex
03-17-2002, 12:28 PM
Come to the meetings and you will know more of what is going on.

Adam496
03-17-2002, 05:08 PM
we need signatures on the petitions....to show support for this. it is still under review with the state, so we need to write letters and sign the petitions!!

NJ300ex
03-17-2002, 05:26 PM
they have alot more names on the petition than what is listed on the online petition. At the meeting they said they had something like 2,000 names and more than half were west milford residents.

400exRacerX
03-17-2002, 06:47 PM
I highly doubt the state will let this happen, plus if they have a motocross track it will probaly blow. But it would be better than nothing.

Adam496
03-19-2002, 09:19 AM
If this does happen, it will be great. They plan to have 3 motocross pratice tracks, one for 80cc and under, an intermediate track, and an expert track designed by expert riders and the AMA. The orgainzers plan to do this right.... stop bashing this before it even gets going....

You have a bike, support this!

400exRacerX
03-19-2002, 02:06 PM
From what I heard it was just going to be trails and they weren't thinking of having motocross tracks.

NJ300ex
03-19-2002, 02:10 PM
Yeah adam i never heard any of that. Where do you get your information?

Adam496
03-19-2002, 04:23 PM
My mother is the pres of the non profit trying to lease the property. 3 pratice motocross tracks, 15 miles of trails is what is proposed.

Adam496
03-19-2002, 04:46 PM
ya what now

NJ300ex
03-19-2002, 05:23 PM
Where you at the last meeting then. i was there. Maybe i saw you.

Adam496
03-19-2002, 05:30 PM
witch 1 i was a the last town 1 my mom went to
i was with my younger brother we skated areound for a while then we sat next to rea(who was next to my mom she was at the end w the broken ancle)

NJ300ex
03-19-2002, 06:14 PM
Then i saw you. I was sitting behind you in the beginning when all those little kids were there. Then after they left i moved up to where you were sitting.

Adam496
03-19-2002, 06:28 PM
now i think i know who u r

Adam496
03-21-2002, 06:32 AM
Ringwood just passed a resolution opposing motorized use..... We need to get more people involved, tell everyone you know to sign the petitions and write/email/fax to your local officals that you want a legal place to ride...or things will not change....

87Warrior
03-21-2002, 06:10 PM
this may be off the subject alittle, but can anyone tell me where the place is in egg harbor township is(what street)?

xfox250x
03-23-2002, 09:21 AM
Clay Mountains Nj Oldbridge and Monroe
In Oldbridge Go to Mundy ave traveling east look to your right as you leave the area with houses you'll see lakes on your left the look extra carfully to you right. you'll see pathes travel them youl come to a second generater if you travel the race circle counter clockwise go to the right of it follow the path then you be there and there are miles of side paths
have fun it's also ilegal back there to ride so watch out for the town ship trucks

you can go to monroe twp travel SE on monmouth road look for tyndel ave go to the end and take a dirt path to a bridge cross it go 1/4 mile and your there

Adam496
03-23-2002, 09:50 AM
check out
www.ehtpal.com/ride for info on egg harbor PAL

Keep those signatures comming, please add your email when posting, we will update information directly as we know.

400exRacerX
03-24-2002, 03:25 PM
Hey Adam496 check your private messaging.

330exracer
03-26-2002, 01:00 PM
i signed the pettion and hopefully all the those eco nazi's will die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam496
03-26-2002, 06:49 PM
get all of ur friends to sign get ur neighbors and such!!!!! the eco nazis have 700 hundred people working to get signatures agenst the track

Adam496
03-30-2002, 05:43 PM
web page is almost up....check it out at www.xtremehabitat.org

04-03-2002, 07:01 AM
"THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT TRACK we are trying to open.
THIS COULD BE THE START OF ALL THE STATE OWNED LAND TO BE OPENED TO US ATV"RS
this should not be taken lightly.
It is also going to be BIG FIGHT
THIS IS OUR LIVELY HOODS ON THE LINE"

I agree, this is bullsh*t guys, i would have gone to that meeting but i get lost going around a motorcross track! jk
but seriously, i would rather drive 2 hours to go to Jack Frost! than to go to englishtown where they dont let u on there awsome! dirtbike track cause your a quad. Seriously, i went on there so called quad track, they had one water sprinkler that didnt even touch the track, it gets really dusty and there are so many potholes! they dont take care of that quad track! only the dirtbike track which by the way is 20 times bigger than the quad track! and the even sadder part about englishtown is that they dont hold quad races there! I race at Atco which is a trip too, but its worth it, people are nice and track is great when its not really wet!!! I think we should fight this, Screw the Enviornmentalists, if they want to stop something, stop them from building houses and killing animals land and crap like that! We have that place and its not like we have to cut down trees or nothing, we just gotta throw some dirt down. Belive me it dosnent ruin the enviornment if u stay on the trails! I would like to be able to practice at a motorcross track for racing where i can go all out all day and only have about a half hour drive to get home not 2 hours!!!! Wee need motorcross tracks in NJ for quads, every state besides us has more than one thing for quads and bikes, take NY for example they got like 4 when we got technically 1, NJORV park, which is open 7 days a week. Atco is just open for races and race practice and Englishtown, is open on weekends, and could pull a better quad track out of my @$$, and i say that because im building my own upstate on my land! and its got 3 jumps and its already 10 times better than Englishtown(plus its free for me!)

With hopes and dreams
Big Air D

"look back for a second, and thats where youll be"

04-03-2002, 07:04 AM
oh yea, one more thing guys
if we build good tracks and awsome trials
dont be surprised if big wigs show up to practice, such as bill balance, travis pastrana and Jermey McGrath!

and its the truth baby!

Adam496
04-03-2002, 03:19 PM
no matter what where are going to have pros there if we get it up and running cause we have a pro quad (richard buckley) rider and a pro dirt bike racer (mark wundrack ,sp i think) helping us and mark's mom is the motorize president or somthing like that

QuadRacer041
04-03-2002, 04:36 PM
rich who??????
i never heard of him.

NJ300ex
04-03-2002, 05:07 PM
Richard Buckley. I believe he lives in west milford and is a pro racer and stays in the top 15 in the nationals.

Adam496
04-03-2002, 05:10 PM
rich buckley he lives in west milford i think he races quad motocross in the national series look at the results in the quad mags his name is probly in there

QuadRacer041
04-04-2002, 03:34 AM
top 15, i dont think so unless he runs under a differnt name.
i think id guess lower then top 15.

NJ300ex
04-04-2002, 01:57 PM
well the one time i saw him in dirt wheels he placed 14th in pro. Thats the only time I had seen him in a magazine though.

Entomber
04-04-2002, 05:10 PM
What's the outcome of this. I just got a 400 EX and came here and I'm estatic about another LEGAL place to ride. The police I hear are drawing thier guns on ATVers down over at Clyaton/Gliddens area. It's such an awsome place and my DS 650 feels at home there. I'm game to these and I can bring a few people to these meetings. NJ seems like it doesn't want us to have any fun.

330exracer
04-04-2002, 05:17 PM
can't fprget travis spader is a new jersian.

Entomber
04-04-2002, 05:49 PM
Yeah makes me wonder where the heck did he ride. Some people I know met him and the areas where he rode are no longer available for riding.

QuadRacer041
04-04-2002, 05:52 PM
ive ridin with travis twice once at the nj orv park and another time at the farm, thats were they filmed the jersey segment of huevos 1

Adam496
04-06-2002, 05:46 AM
here is the email address of Comissioner Bradley Campbell in Trenton. HE is making the decision on OHV policy. Send him a note and tell him how you feel. bcampbell@dep.state.nj.us

Adam496
04-13-2002, 08:03 AM
if you are a AMA member and live in NJ, you should have received a post card about xtreme habitat...please sign and return

quadfamily
04-13-2002, 09:29 PM
Does anybody have a nice form letter with all the good stuff about OHV riding, You know like stuff about OHV parks in other states and the positive influence on the local economies of the towns who have them. Please post teh letter here so we can copy and paste it onto an e-mail to Bradely Campbell. Thanks alot!

Adam496
04-14-2002, 05:51 AM
To Whom It May Concern:

I am a (INSERT YOUR TOWN) resident and an ardent (INSERT YOUR SPORT) rider, as are my wife and son.

I firmly believe in the plight of the X-treme Habitat proposal and frankly feel that a response to a desperate need for an off-road recreational area in North Jersey is long overdue. Although our sport has some unconventional requirements, it IS a sport just the same and deserves recognition as such by the community.

I ask you: How many towns have MULTIPLE baseball, football, soccer, and track and field facilities? By the same token, how many STATES have even ONE off-road vehicle park? It is grossly unfair.

In addition, since it is a motor sport, amateur off-road enthusiasts contribute far more to the local economy than the entire amateur "projectile sports" combined. A new dirt bike costs in the neighborhood of $5,000.00. How much does a baseball bat cost? The more that we are allowed to ride, the more we will ride. The more that we ride, the more parts that we break/wear out. The more parts that we break/wear out, the more money we will spend to replace them. The resulting purchase creates local and/or national revenue. The sales tax is revenue for the State. Yet our own State fails to allocate any land for us. In addition, we will pay any reasonable fee in addition to our taxes in order to use this facility. What is it going to take?

My family has no safe and legal place to locally practice our sports. We do NOT want to be outlaws. I pay over $(INSERT YOUR FIGURE) in property taxes each year, am surrounded by unused land, yet not a square inch of it can be legally used for our "pursuit of happiness". Are you aware that the AA National Enduro Champion lives right in Wanaque, yet he must ride illegally to train? I find this to be absurd.

Despite being riders (or perhaps because of being riders), we too love the forests and appreciate the need to maintain the integrity of our forests and wildlife. We are conscious of preserving trails and foliage, of minimizing excess noise, and even pick up the litter of members of the "nature-loving" community, many of whom are opposed to off-road vehicles. The people we know who ride share our sense of responsibility to the forests.

We vigorously and unconditionally support the X-treme Habitat proposal for a recreational facility in West Milford that includes our sport. I hope you that you will support it too.

FYI... This issue is the main criteria that (INSERT PHRASE OF YOUR CHOICE----I OR my wife and I OR me and my family) use to cast our votes at election time.

Thank you for YOUR time.

Sincerely,

YOUR NAME

P.S. Many of those opposed to the X-treme Habitat proposal believe that they
are making a "preserve the environment" choice. They are mistaken. I've been
involved in this sport long enough to know that if you tell a dirt bike
enthusiast that they can't ride anywhere, they will end up riding
everywhere.

quadfamily
04-14-2002, 02:28 PM
Thanks Adam! E-mail has been sent. Where else should I send one too?

Adam496
04-15-2002, 05:31 AM
log on to http://www.njleg.state.nj.us and click on "find your legislator" under "members" on the homepage. Send as many letters out as you want!

04-15-2002, 12:11 PM
My family has no safe and legal place to locally practice our sports. We do NOT want to be outlaws. I pay over $(INSERT YOUR FIGURE) in property taxes each year, am surrounded by unused land, yet not a square inch of it can be legally used for our "pursuit of happiness". Are you aware that the AA National Enduro Champion lives right in Wanaque, yet he must ride illegally to train? I find this to be absurd.

You know that is so true but, I had the misfourtune of talking with some of the Division of Parks and Forestry people and they do not seem to think this matters since they get their funding from sportsman licenses and the summons they love to give us.

Please keep sending the emails and letters as we need to show that there are thousands if not more of us who will remember when it comes time for the election.

Adam496
04-15-2002, 06:51 PM
Need your help again...a greenie group is having all their people who oppose OHV use at jungle habitat to call the comissioner Campbell April 17 and 18. We need as many people supporting this to do the same. Call Comission Campbell and tell them you want/need a place for OHV's at 609.292.2885 on Wed April 17 and Thrusday April 18!!
Thanks
Tell everyone you know to call!!!

Adam496
04-26-2002, 07:02 PM
:square
We still need more signatures on the online petitions...keep it going!

Adam496
05-02-2002, 03:38 PM
keep the signatures going
:macho

Adam496
05-13-2002, 11:27 AM
web page is up and running...check it out at http://www.xtremehabitat.org

Adam496
05-16-2002, 03:45 PM
here is the petition adress again http://www.petitiononline.com/jp123456/petition.html

QuadRacer041
05-21-2002, 03:45 AM
dude, give it a rest!

Adam496
05-21-2002, 01:15 PM
no i am not giving up, im tired of driving 1 and a half hours just to ride leagly im deffinally sticking with it

05-21-2002, 09:22 PM
quad041 dude, give it a rest!

C'mon dont tell me your serious, cause if you are that $uks.

Cant imagine why we have no open trail systems in NJ, maybe because the green groups know what a bunch of quiters some ATV and dirt bike riders are. Guess they think we just have no real will or can not organise because were a bunch selfish forest bashers that will go away as soon as they show some effort to work against us.

Well maybe that is why we are were we are today!

Keep it going adam.

And keep after those local MC dealers as they are loosing interest as well.

PS PM me.

Adam496
05-23-2002, 07:05 PM
News just in.....the state of NJ IS going to release a Off road policy...in about 2 weeks, keep your fingers crossed it is good news!

Adam496
06-03-2002, 12:27 PM
Please take a moment to send a FAX via your computer to Governor
McGreevey supporting off highway vehicle use.

Our anti-motorized friends have posted their letter to the
Governor at the following location:
http://actionnetwork.org/campaign/faxnoatvs

Fight for your sport by changing the text of the message and
sending it on to Trenton.

Off highway vehicles (motorcycles and ATVs) are just one of the
sports included in the proposed Xtreme Habitat Recreation Area in
West Milford, NJ. Other sports for the proposed facility include
mountain bikes, BMX bicycles, inline skating, skateboarding and
unique facilities for persons with disabilities.

Learn more at www.xtremehabitat.org
While you're there, sign our online petition and tell your
friends!

Thanks for your support!

actionnetwork.org/campaign/faxnoatvs

Adam496
06-06-2002, 04:20 AM
Hi,

I’m told that even when u change the wording on the sierra club link once u send it reverts back to the original text!!!! So get on the wire to anyone u sent it to and let them know ASAP………………..

James McGreevey fax 609-292-3454 phone 609-292-6000

Adam496
06-07-2002, 06:26 AM
easier yet
Here's a link to send Gov. McGreevey an email http://www.state.nj.us/governor/govmail.html

Adam496
06-08-2002, 05:48 AM
here is a letter you can cut and paste-
Dear Sir or Madam:

The purpose of this letter is to make you aware of a certain bill soon to be presented for legislation. The bill in question is Bill No. A-2238, sponsored by State Assemblyman Eric Munoz, M.D., (R), regarding the use of motorized vehicles within State Parks and Forests.

As written, the bill will override current Department of Natural Resources (DNR) statutes and ultimately ban, as a matter of law, the use of any and all motorized vehicles within State Forest and Park boundaries. Additionally, the Bill seeks to prohibit the issuance of DEP permits allowing Park and Forest access for organized special events, such as endurance clock runs, dual sport rallies and similar motorized contests.

These "special permits" are routinely awarded to organized enduro motorcycle clubs to facilitate annual "clock runs", which are timed endurance events that utilize a combination of paved/dirt roads and trials both on and off State property. The motorcycles ridden are required to be insured, registered, and must conform to all United States Forestry Service requirements. These "clock runs" represent the heritage of our clubs and date back 70 plus years.

Ultimately, this bill seeks to eradicate Enduro Clubs and their thousands of members from state lands without any due process, representation or environmental impact study. The bill also attempts to usurp the authority given to park superintendents to govern the lands which they know best. As a member of a State-Registered, non-profit Enduro Club, I categorically oppose this bill and call on you to represent our viewpoint, which is as follows:

This bill was born out of frustration over damage done to our State Land by illegal riding mistakenly blamed on our Enduro Clubs. The current plague of illegal riding in the State Parks and Forests is not related to Enduro Clubs and their "clock runs"/Dual Sport Rallies. In fact, the clubs are often called upon by State Rangers and private landowners to "police" the plethora of All Terrain Vehicles (ATV's) and uninsured/non-registered vehicles (NRV's) illegally accessing their respective properties. It has always been the collective mandate of New Jersey's Enduro Clubs not to destroy the natural resource which we rely upon to provide ourselves and our families endless enjoyment. We consider ourselves serious sportsman who have taken the time and energy to join an organized club which affords legal riding in New Jersey. The problem is not with Enduro Clubs, the problem is a direct result of over-development squeezing available land for recreation and hyper-litigation closing access to traditional riding areas. The solution is to provide more areas for the ATV's and NRV's to legally operate such as The New Jersey Offroad Vehicle Park and the proposed Xtreme Habitat ATV Park. Banning the Enduro riders would be tantamount to inviting the ATV's and NRV's free reign of State Land, as the Rangers admittedly don't have the resources to stop them.

This bill also ignores the economic benefit derived by collecting registration and permit fees by the state and the increased sales taxes collected by local merchants during our events (which can attract hundreds of people). Local merchants have come to expect and enjoy our annual visits, often offering sponsorship as a show of gratitude for the influx of revenues. We also act as a revenue stream for local volunteer ambulance and fire companies, which are required at all our events.

We pride ourselves on our strong working relationships with the various Park and Forest Superintendents, and feel they, in turn, respect and appreciate our assistance. Many clubs sponsor forest clean-ups in conjunction with other local community groups, hauling trash and debris dumped there by non-motorcyclists. The Forest Service also relies upon several clubs to keep their firecuts clear, which has become extremely important recently as evidenced by the forest fires in Southern New Jersey . Without clear trails and firecuts, the firefighters would have a much more difficult time containing fires deep off the access roads.

We urge you not to support this bill, and look clearly at the problem at hand. Passage of this bill will not achieve what it's sponsors are seeking. With the Enduro clubs gone and the Park and Forest Superintendents hands tied, illegal riding will reach epidemic proportions.

Ham Sandwich
06-08-2002, 08:36 AM
I have 1 question, Where are the dealers and manufactuers?
We all love the sport but it is just a hobby that puts food on the table of the salesman,dealers and mechanics homes. They should be out there helping out too. If the greenies win, atv's/DB's in NJ will be as illegal to own and the state will probibly try to confiscate or fine you for owning 1. Don't say thats too far fetched, look what NJ has done so far.,..
Food for thought

Adam496
06-08-2002, 10:31 AM
link to petiton for bill http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ab2238/petition.html

xtreme mom
08-14-2002, 05:47 AM
The state has told us there will be at lease 2 new riding areas in NJ. One in south jersery, one in north. The location is still to be decided. Right now the are increasing their laws , and fines...check out http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2002/Bills/S2000/1692_I1.HTM
I have told them this is putuing the cart before the horse...we need places to ride before the heavy enforcement...also all monies collected from registrations and fines should go back into the trails system. Also check out http://www.xtremehabitat.org for updates as we get them

NJ300ex
08-14-2002, 01:43 PM
Cool!!!!! This is going to be great. Do you happen to know if they will be using the West Milford sight or not? Thats only 30 minutes from my house.

2k2-300exnj
12-21-2002, 05:23 PM
so is this thing still in affect to happen?

Entomber
12-21-2002, 09:17 PM
NJ is really starting to piss me off. I do like to ride tracks but I like to ride wide open spaces too like Gliddens/Clayton. Man do I miss that place. To me track get old after a while. This is the stuff that makes ya wanna get rid of your ATV and buy a street bike.

12-21-2002, 09:29 PM
This is the stuff that makes ya wanna get rid of your ATV and buy a street bike.

Street bike didnt you mean smith and wesson ?

YamaWarr0121
12-21-2002, 09:32 PM
well as we speak my dad and i are trying to get some land to make a race track or 2 one for quads, one for bikes theres a few farms around here forsale, it would be hard to do but i think it could happen ... thatd be so awesome.

xtreme mom
12-22-2002, 02:56 PM
still working on the park/track and trails. We need to show our elected officals we have a voting voice. become a member (no cost) at http://www.jorva.org/index.html , also see whats happening state wide with trails and tracks

prodirt118
12-12-2008, 07:35 AM
this is suck bs i there was a park in south nj for everything. something off road park. and there has to be place to ride in west milford and greenwood lake area

Tubsy
12-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Entomber
NJ is really starting to piss me off. I do like to ride tracks but I like to ride wide open spaces too like Gliddens/Clayton. Man do I miss that place. To me track get old after a while. This is the stuff that makes ya wanna get rid of your ATV and buy a street bike.

you still ride out at gliddens??