PDA

View Full Version : fmf megamaxx II

joe250
02-10-2002, 05:52 PM
I think i'm going to get one of these, and was wondering if you have to rejet with just the slip on? Also how do people like theirs? My friend said it feels like you added a gear. What do you guys think?

02-10-2002, 07:52 PM
i have a megamax II.and its junk.last year on a trail ride the weld broke where the pipe goes into the silencer and i lost most of my packing.i should have just spent my money on a can of apple juice and made a pipe just as good.

400exdad
02-10-2002, 08:01 PM
I had one for my 300. I wouldn't call it junk, but I probably wouldn't buy another. The headpipe burned my plastic and the disks would get covered with mud (only once, during a race). I would get the internal disk system if I were you.

As far as power, I could tell the difference. I never messed with it enough to get it right, but there was more power on tap.

CranMan
02-11-2002, 06:58 AM
Well...I got one from a guy here on exriders , it was used. I think it's a good pipe. I don't know if you have a 300ex or 400ex, but I noticed a improvement with the pipe even before I rejetted. And my pipe hasnt come apart or anything. I

02-11-2002, 08:00 AM
my experience with the FMF has been better than the previous posters.

The silencer is about three years old now and has had as many owners as well.

It was originally purchased by a guy who used it for racing for about a year. when he received sponsorship from another pipe co. he sold it to the guy who sold me the 400.

They both rode it hard and it shows from some of the big scrapes and dings.

But it has held together great, no broken welds and all the rivits have stayed intact.

I did have to straighten the discs when I got the bike and the packing could use to be changed but otherwise its in good condition.

the power is fine and its not overly loud but does sound great (well if you have the motor for it :) )

Plus its priced pretty good and from what I read above you could pick up a used one real cheap;)

just my .02

R-Crazy
02-11-2002, 07:21 PM
i love mine. it is flawless. i would recommend it to anyone!!!!!!!:D

02-11-2002, 11:14 PM
its a very good,pipe,have had no problems with it
first off never seen any indication of cracking near welds,and if it melts your plastic it was not installed correctly,it stays clean if maintianed and thats the same with the disks,add a crisp quiet snap,and its a cheap pipe,love it

K_Fulk
02-12-2002, 09:09 AM
Dont waste your money. Mine broke in 6 months. Get something made out of stainless.

Live2Ride300
02-12-2002, 01:34 PM
How much does this pipe usually go for? Does it add good power?? Ive been looking at this pipe, its either this or Big gun or WB, or DMC, i cant choose,

Blackguywithouta400
02-12-2002, 01:59 PM
Nice Pipe good power the 300ex full system is the best priced system, i dont kow anyone who has one on there 300 but im sure you will love it.

K_Fulk
02-12-2002, 06:14 PM
I got a full dmc after my megamax broke and there was still a huge powergain. even on a stock motor.

Red Rooster
02-12-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 300ex rules
i love mine. it is flawless. i would recommend it to anyone!!!!!!!:D
same here

250exmaster
02-12-2002, 06:41 PM
get the graydon proline,, i heard whe pipes are made with machines (welds and stuff) they loose power but graydon hand build all their pipes,,, the also sound and look good and give u lots of powergain

SUPER_DAVE
02-12-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by 250exmaster
get the graydon proline,, i heard whe pipes are made with machines (welds and stuff) they loose power but graydon hand build all their pipes,,, the also sound and look good and give u lots of powergain

How can it be hand made but machine welded? also you said that u loose power but you get a lot of powergain??????????????????
I don't understand:confused:

250exmaster
02-12-2002, 07:23 PM
im sorry about my last post,,, i was in a hurry.

I heard when pipes are made with machines (welds and stuff) they loose power. Gaydon Proline hand builds all their pipes supposidly making them better,,, their pipes also sound and look good and give u lots of powergain. thats y i think the best pipe is the graydopn proline

i hope u arent confused anymore

250exmaster
02-12-2002, 07:26 PM
BTW... dont get the big gun,,, my friend used to have one. it sounds way cooler and looks ten times better, but,,, he says he got very little to no power from the pipe. he went threw several different jets and him and our friends decided big gun blows. he then sold it to some stupid kid and baught the graydon and loves it!

Live2Ride300
02-13-2002, 10:19 AM
how much does the graydon full system go for?

250exmaster
02-13-2002, 02:57 PM
i am not sure,, u should e-mail graydon(www.graydonproline.com) all i know its much better than the megamax