PDA

View Full Version : Works Shocks Weight Question

400Ex_Rida
11-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Ok, I have deecideed to buy works shocks but i dont know what weight to say. Half the time someone is riding on the back with me. Should i tell them my weight alone? Will it effect the shocks and make them wear faster if they are set for my weight and someone rides with me?

11-09-2003, 08:06 PM
unless its a chick on the back its not safe to let people ride on the back:D

and to answer your question ummm... well i guess it wouldnt hurt them to have them valved for your wieght,.. but maybe a lil more so its not to plush with someone on the back

416exmx
11-09-2003, 09:11 PM
since you are not going to be doing any "hardcore" riding while someone is on behind you, then get them valved for your weight.

bradley300
11-10-2003, 10:36 AM
^^^^^^agreed

wilkin250r
11-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Definitly get them valved for YOUR wieght.

Valving and spring rates are not determined by everyday riding. They are based on the EXTREMES you will put your shocks to. Like jumping a 50ft double, or a 10-hour endurance XC race.

You want your shocks to be able to handle the extremes you put them through, mostly jumping. You're not going to be jumping ten feet in the air with somebody riding on the back of your quad.

The added stress of an additional passenger while riding over small whoops is nothing compared to a single person jumping a 30ft double. I wouldn't worry about wearing them out faster...

REC
11-10-2003, 02:55 PM
I have works triple rates with rezzies on the front
I weigh 214lbs
I had the shocks valved for a 220lb rider and they are pretty good, but I feel they are still a little soft on the bigger jumps.
I would not get your shocks valved based on having a second person on board.

Hope this helps

Later

400Ex_Rida
11-10-2003, 06:16 PM
Thanks for all your replies.