PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know a good way to listen to music while you ride?

sparky450AR
11-09-2003, 04:20 PM
does anyone know a good way to listen to music while you ride?...i think it would be awesome for a slow trail ride....what kinda pack could you use, ect?

Nausty
11-09-2003, 04:23 PM
yeah i'd kinda like to do it but I think i'd mess some **** up cuz I get like irate listening to slipknot and other stuff. That would be way awsome tho.

toby400ex
11-09-2003, 04:30 PM
Ive thought about puttin my minidisk player in the pocket of my cambelback, but im afraid i might not hear something during a race and stuff

blondie69
11-09-2003, 04:38 PM
MP3 player, keep it in your pocket, and get bud earphones

Glow Plug
11-09-2003, 04:43 PM
I'm pretty sure there was a company that made an mp3 player helment a while ago not sure what happened to em :confused:

rider250ex
11-09-2003, 07:19 PM
i tried it once and it $ucks...you can concentrate on riding. i almost crashed so many times just becasue i couldent concentrate. but maybe its different for other people

jesshamner
11-09-2003, 07:27 PM
I have always wanted to buy and mp3 player and put it in my hydro pack. I have a water proof pocket that would keep it dry. It should work just as long as you don't wreck and crush it or something.

400grl
11-09-2003, 08:37 PM
I have an MP3 Player and I clip it to the front of my chest protector when I ride - I use either ear buds or the small sport in-your-ear headphones - just be careful when you put your helmet on. I LOVE riding with some kick***** music - as loud as I can get it!!!! It's a killer way to keep up the laps on the track without thinking about how tired you are - and it makes running the big bowls at Glamis like our own private Huevos video!!!!! I would HIGHLY recommend riding with music to anyone!!!

kamikaze_rzrbak
11-09-2003, 08:41 PM
when i listen i only keep it in one ear and as low as it can go to were i can still hear it, so i can hear everything and still concentrate. And it makes me ride way better cause im way pumped from listening to mudvayne

440exnacsracer
11-09-2003, 09:16 PM
i use a tape player, that way if it gets f***** up your not out of alot of dough....just a few bucks, plus it dont skip..it is hard though, especially getting the rpms right on your quad, you just have to keep it where you can hear both

Derno24
11-09-2003, 09:35 PM
I use my mini disc player either in a waist pouch which is waterproof or Backpack and then I run the cable inside my jersey with earbuds. I run the cable this way so no tree branches catch the cable. As far as volume goes my player has a remote so if I want it louder I can make it that way. I have never had a problem with hearing anyone. I use this same method on my street bike too.

jesshamner
11-09-2003, 09:37 PM
A tape player is an awesome idea...I like it! I wish I would have thought of that. And you can buy dirt cheap walkmans at Big Lots.:D I never thought taking a step backwards in technology would be the best way to go.

Woodsrider
11-09-2003, 09:44 PM
I just let the voices sing to me. Sometimes its like a whole choir in there, but other times it just one loud screaming voice:huh

popo
11-10-2003, 12:17 AM
Screw all the tech hype

Get an 8 track player mounted on handlebars with Kraco box speakers on the fenders. Little Deep Purple u be in heaven.
:p

batgeek
11-10-2003, 12:24 AM
i have the two tiny Japanese women, from that Godzilla vs Mothra movie, in my airbox.

popo
11-10-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
i have the two tiny Japanese women, from that Godzilla vs Mothra movie, in my airbox.

I wondered why your quad sounded like asho asho,kenchwa, bonzi mofo, dotachmatche.

JTRtrx250r
11-10-2003, 06:33 AM
I actually tried riding while listening to tunes....and I relized how much I listen to my motor,I cant do it...even at low volume,it really messed w/ my shifting and rpms haha:rolleyes: :D :blah:

400grl
11-10-2003, 07:14 AM
I had thought that might be a problem when I first tried it, but I knew the tracks around here and my quad so well that I didn't even think about it....you can tell by the vibrations and the way your power comes on when you hit the throttle where you are at in gearing - it even worked well with my new Shee...... ;) And unfortunately I can't get it loud enough to totally drown out all of my engine sounds....so I can always hear a little bit!

The tape idea is pretty cool!!! But I would miss being able to skip through songs easily.......or go back and replay a good one! ;)

Derno24
11-10-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by popo
Screw all the tech hype

Get an 8 track player mounted on handlebars with Kraco box speakers on the fenders. Little Deep Purple u be in heaven.

How about some In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. You could ride for an hour and still be on the same song.

sparky450AR
11-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
MP3 player, keep it in your pocket, and get bud earphones

yeahi thought about that....i have a riovolt.....it has a 20 gig harddrive im afraid to take it in fears that i might scratch the hd....i wonder if a sony g-shock or we cd player would sand up to the punishment?

sparky450AR
11-10-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I had thought that might be a problem when I first tried it, but I knew the tracks around here and my quad so well that I didn't even think about it....you can tell by the vibrations and the way your power comes on when you hit the throttle where you are at in gearing - it even worked well with my new Shee...... ;) And unfortunately I can't get it loud enough to totally drown out all of my engine sounds....so I can always hear a little bit!

The tape idea is pretty cool!!! But I would miss being able to skip through songs easily.......or go back and replay a good one! ;)

exactly my thoughts

sparky450AR
11-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by popo
Screw all the tech hype

lmao.....but wouldnt that make your front end a little heavy???

roostin_dale
11-10-2003, 09:35 PM
I had my MP3 and i wrecked....cracked it and now it wont work!!:mad: