PDA

View Full Version : 8 yr. old fell through ice on the lake today

JUSTINcredible
11-09-2003, 04:18 PM
the past few days have been way colder than normal, about 0 -5 degrees at night and about 15-20 during the day for high temp and that put a thin layer of ice over the lakes, about an inch to maybe in some spots 2 inches of ice and it takes at least 3 1/2- 4 inches of ice to safely walk on. Well today i was at a friends and he lives right next to the lake and we could see these 2 kids walking way out there and one of them fell through, my friends mom called 911 and someone else must have called b4 the kid even fell through cuz it wasnt more than a minute after that a sheriif was already and the fire department has a water rescue team and they had a little hover craft thing and went and got the kid, im pretty sure he survived because he some how managed to stay on top of the water. Turns out it was a 10 yr old and an 8 yr old and the mom left them home while she went shopping.:(

JUSTINcredible
11-09-2003, 08:14 PM
the mom was arrested when she came home and the kids went with their grandma

JTRtrx250r
11-10-2003, 05:13 AM
Perfect way to lose the kids.....whether it was the lake(death) or CPS(Child Protection Servise's):rolleyes: what a dumb ******:rolleyes: :grr:

11-10-2003, 05:32 AM
my mom leaves me home alone all the time to go to work at the hospital! :eek2:

toby400ex
11-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
my mom leaves me home alone all the time to go to work at the hospital! :eek2: Hopefully she doesnt let u take baths while she is away then.http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/rollinonfloor.gif

chucked
11-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible
the mom was arrested when she came home and the kids went with their grandma

good. my old neighbor used to smoke around her son (2yrs old) and guess what he needs now?? a lung transplant, yup a 3 yo needs a lung transplant. They were evicted and I havent heard anything since.