View Full Version : My 2002 88 250R Rebuild!!!

mrusk
02-10-2002, 04:07 PM
Alright guys, here is the story about whats happening to my 88 R. I am setting it up for mx.

My frame is at the powdercoater getting painted black with red motormounts and spindles. Should be done any day now. My motor goes to MP Racing in Oregon this week for a full rebuild. Top and bottom. The motor is getting a mx port job, lightened fly wheel and counterbalcne and proably a 89 clutch update kit.

I am ordering front ZPS tommror. Won't be here till april so i will be running my stock front end for a month. These are long travel shocks since i am getting Long travel houser aarms. I am having my rear shock revalved.

I am also have the following parts: LSR axle, locknut and carrier, pro peg nerfs, braided lines, tag t2 bars, lsr rear hubs, hinson brake pedal and alot of other little stuff. I am going to be running 19in front holeshots on douglas ulitmate conventional center rims, and rear turf tamers, but i am unsure if i am going to get the carbon beadlocks or the champion.

I should have my motor back and everything put together by the 1st week of march (i hope).
As soon as i get my frame back i will take pics as i start to assemble it! Man i cant wait!!

Matt

brink400
02-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Sounds awesome... cant wait to see pics of it.

02-11-2002, 02:30 PM
sounds like you'll have a nice ride man let us know how you do int the upcoming season...toby

TRX250XFIRE
02-12-2002, 05:05 PM
that sounds like a pretty awsome bike, how much money does it take to do all of that stuff to a fourwheeler, cause i just bought a lonestar axle, front works shocks, 18in tuff tamers, new swing arm barrings,and rear hubs and it cost me over 860 dollors, i cant imagine how much u r spending?!