PDA

View Full Version : used 400ex prices?

Moded86R
11-09-2003, 02:26 PM
My mom and I made an agreement.If I graduated high school she would buy me a new 4-wheeler.

Well I am going to graduate.The only thing I have to do is show up for school everyday from now till the end of december and I get to graduate.(A year late but oh well)

Anyway.I had planned on getting a new trx450r.I don't want my mom to pay 7 grand.So I am wanting to find a used 400ex in good shape with some mods.

I would like to find one with a 440 kit.That would be nice.The suspension doesn't have to be moded.I just want something to play around on and ride some wheelie's.It has to be pretty quick though.Stock 400's just don't have enough grunt once you get up in the revs.

How much are used 400's going for.Assuming there is good shape with some mods.Thanks for any thoughts.

nofear911
11-09-2003, 02:29 PM
You should be able to find a good one for $3500, or a real good one for $4000

Moded86R
11-09-2003, 06:10 PM
I called my cousin and he is selling me his for 3100.It's a 99 with a brand new motor.Complete top and bottom end redone by a local honda dealer.He had it rebuilt under warranty when it blew up a couple years ago.It has been sitting basicly ever since.He rides it to go deer hunting.(just get him into the woods)

He is using it for the next couple weeks.So I will be getting it then.

Woohoo!

kamikaze_rzrbak
11-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Moded86R
I called my cousin and he is selling me his for 3100.It's a 99 with a brand new motor.Complete top and bottom end redone by a local honda dealer.He had it rebuilt under warranty when it blew up a couple years ago.It has been sitting basicly ever since.He rides it to go deer hunting.(just get him into the woods)

He is using it for the next couple weeks.So I will be getting it then.

Woohoo!
any mods to it?

Guy400
11-09-2003, 06:23 PM
This thread begs the question, why would your mother buy you a quad for only graduating high school? I could understand buying you one for making the Dean's List all 4 years or something but simply graduating?

Moded86R
11-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Well let my give you a little family background.I have 3 older siblings.Not one has graduated.I dropped out of school when I was 16.

This year I went back and got all my stuff togother.And I get to graduate at the end of this semester.Something I thought I would never do.

I think she offered me this thinking I would never go through with it.I found out a 2 weeks ago I get to graduate and every since then I have been hinting at her it's time for that new 4-wheeler.After I read that new trx450r's are going for 7 grand otd.There is no way I will let her buy me something that expensive.I am a little to old.She is buying me this bike.And I am going to pay her back.

Plus the fact that the 450r is kick start really turns me off.You probably are thinking that I am lazy.I want a bike to ride all weekend and have fun on.That's all.I don't really plan on racing it.I have a 250r if I want to race.I just want a good trailbike.not a racer.My 300ex is to slow.And my 250r is to much of a high strung two stroke.

As far as mods It has some really thick handlebars.(I think they are renthal fatbars)It has nerfs but there for a 250x and they are kind of rigged on there.There coming off though.Other than that I know it has holeshots on the back (which are also coming off)

The plastic is rough.It might need a little work to really be nice.I will make it nice though.

Don't worry R I will still love ya buddy!