PDA

View Full Version : Work Shocks

ThyJuGGaLo
11-09-2003, 10:24 AM
what exactly do the resivours on the works shocks do?

11-09-2003, 11:27 AM
hold more fluid so the little fluid in the shocks dont get hot real fast on rides & it will help that fluid last longer & maintain its density through the years, ;)

Juggalo
11-09-2003, 11:52 AM
they also seperate the oil and nitrogen in the shock and keep it from foaming up

Kilabanshee
11-09-2003, 05:34 PM
So if i got axis without rezzies would they handel just as good with the rezzies???? Cause all of you are saying they just keep the shocks cooler does it actuly help the performance or anythign????

Juggalo
11-09-2003, 06:46 PM
yes dampening is improved with rezzies

bradley300
11-10-2003, 10:34 AM
on say a stock 400ex shock, when the little amount of oil that is in the shock gets hot, the dampening fades, causing a harsher ride.

so, rezzies hold more fluid (it is also away from the shock body) because there is more fluid, it will take longer to heat up or, longer to fade.

so to answer your question a rez shock vs. non rez shock will handle the same until the non rez shock heats up, then you will notice the difference with the rez.

wilkin250r
11-10-2003, 11:39 AM
I can't tell you the actual perticulars. I would guess that the rezzies help performance even before they heat up.

Let's pretend, though, for arguments sake, that the ONLY reason for rezzies is heat.

What I CAN tell you is that you should not underestimate the problems with heat. Pushing your suspension to the limit, it only takes about 30mins before the stock shocks will be too hot for you to touch, and you lose ALOT of performance. Aftermarket shocks may last a little longer without rezzies, but they still fade quicker than you'd think.

I'm not an expert, but I would venture a guess that you lose 30% of your shocks performance within a tank of gas. Personally, I would say you're better off getting Works shocks WITH rezzies than Axis shocks without rezzies.