PDA

View Full Version : 1st flatrack of season results

dirtmomma
11-09-2003, 08:52 AM
Ok well we had our 1st race of the season last night & all I can say is WHOO HOOO!!!! My son did AWESOME & I did good myself for my 1st season on the 300. DJ ran the youth 200cc & adult blaster class, he got 1st in his heat in the youth & 3rd in the main. In the adult class he jumped the gun 2 times so tht put him to the back row:blah: :rolleyes: so he got last in that heat so that put him in the B main where he got 1st & moved up to the A main for a 3rd place finishI think thats right anyway my brain must be fried from all the fumes:blah:
I ran the womens open quad & got 1st in my heat(400ex,warrior,330ex) & the holeshot:macho :D so that put me in the A main pole postion. In the main I got tangled w/ another gal(lt250r) but thankfully they red flagged it & we got to restart & I came in 3rd which was good considering I once again was on the smallest cc quad out there:D :D :D I came in 3rd behind last years champ(1st) & the gal on the pumped up 330 so I feel pretty good!! The quad worked GREAT & stuck to the track nice the track was pretty good. YES QJ I seen Lance but didnt' get to say HI to him, he got 2nd in the pro class I do believe it was awesome man those guys FLY & he was the only thumper in it I think!!:macho
Our next race is in 2 weeks & I should have some pics, I did get some from a flattrack when I first got my 300 so I'll have to post some later also some pics of my little man & his 1st race. Our youngest son didn't race last night cuz his quad is getting widened & new brakes but he should run next race. And I'm thinking about running the 250-350 4 stroke class also. I also sold 2 set of shock covers, & have 3 special orders for them. I would of sold more but all I had was the ones for aftermarket long shocks & of course everyone is running short shocks so I'll be a busy girl come Mon.

AlaskaSpeed
11-09-2003, 08:55 AM
Congratulations! Damn, you are making it hard to wait for our season to start in April.....lol JIM

QuadJunkies
11-09-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Ok well we had our 1st race of the season last night & all I can say is WHOO HOOO!!!! My son did AWESOME & I did good myself for my 1st season on the 300. DJ ran the youth 200cc & adult blaster class, he got 1st in his heat in the youth & 3rd in the main. In the adult class he jumped the gun 2 times so tht put him to the back row:blah: :rolleyes: so he got last in that heat so that put him in the B main where he got 1st & moved up to the A main for a 3rd place finishI think thats right anyway my brain must be fried from all the fumes:blah:
I ran the womens open quad & got 1st in my heat(400ex,warrior,330ex) & the holeshot:macho :D so that put me in the A main pole postion. In the main I got tangled w/ another gal(lt250r) but thankfully they red flagged it & we got to restart & I came in 3rd which was good considering I once again was on the smallest cc quad out there:D :D I came in 3rd behind last years champ(1st) & the gal on the pumped up 330 so I feel pretty good!! The quad worked GREAT & stuck to the track nice the track was pretty good. YES QJ I seen Lance but didnt' get to say HI to him, he got 2nd in the pro class I do believe it was awesome man those guys FLY & he was the only thumper in it I think!!:macho
Our next race is in 2 weeks & I should have some pics, I did get some from a flattrack when I first got my 300 so I'll have to post some later also some pics of my little man & his 1st race. Our youngest son didn't race last night cuz his quad is getting widened & new brakes but he should run next race. And I'm thinking about running the 250-350 4 stroke class also. I also sold 2 set of shock covers, & have 3 special orders for them. I would of sold more but all I had was the ones for aftermarket long shocks & of course everyone is running short shocks so I'll be a busy girl come Mon. CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!!!!!! Yeah, I just heard from a buddy of ours that BOTH our local riders took 1st and 2nd!!!:macho Im happy for you placing so well!!! If I can swing it. MAYBE Ill have to see if one of the guys will let me carpool down and meet up for a wk end to race!!!:blah:

QuadJunkies
11-09-2003, 10:50 AM
Hey Kym, I was wondering... How many women are racing in your class out there ??? I was just curious how many and what they all run, in case I do come out for a wk end:D also, About how many showed up for your first races of the season? I guess our friend on his Banshee was smokin out there:cool:

QuadJunkies
11-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Congratulations! Damn, you are making it hard to wait for our season to start in April.....lol JIM Jim.... Are YOU gonna flattrack this spring??????:blah: :macho

AlaskaSpeed
11-09-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Jim.... Are YOU gonna flattrack this spring??????:blah: :macho

Nah...we don't have flat track here....not for quads/bikes....maybe someday.....doh

JTRtrx250r
11-09-2003, 11:52 AM
Congrats!!! to both of you;) :macho :macho

Chef
11-09-2003, 11:58 AM
Was it Elma? I thought they canceled that?:confused:

JTRtrx250r
11-09-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Was it Elma? I thought they canceled that?:confused: no Monroe....,Elma always gets cancelled,have you run the lil indoor at Monroe Chef?

Chef
11-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Nope...no Monroe for me. From what I hear it is just the opposite of what I like.:o

dirtmomma
11-09-2003, 01:18 PM
Thanks!!! Yeah there was quite a few riders for the 1st night, there were about 15 women all together & there are all kinds of machines, 400ex,warrior,lt250r,yfz450:eek: about 3 300ex's,250r's it's a pretty good class you'd like it Tina!!! That would be cool if you could come up for the weekend & race!! We finally got some decent pit parking so thats nice otherwise you have to park in the north forty & PUSH your quad to the arena:rolleyes: We just got done watching the video & I think I actually came in 4th but thats all good I still had a blast!!!

exhotdog
11-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Congratulations.

Good luck next race.:D

dirtmomma
11-10-2003, 08:44 AM
Ok well here are some pics of me & the little man, these are from a few months ago, Trev is on a scramble track & I'm flattrackin' this was my 1st flattrack on my 300, (those aren't my tires :)) & I do believe the pics of little man is the race he got his 1st place:blah: so here ya go........

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p9d26f739e7968efeda71a6672b828898/fa984465.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p205160d0a44af23bd374fefc962bc9a2/fa984467.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pe2c6088ef3122fce75bdc4971d031910/fa984469.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p23a57d7c5230437324e6d33779b2eebd/fa98446b.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pac8d7c50fa6e584665b8cff0821c51ba/fa98446d.jpg Goofy kid keepyour eyes on the track LOL this is the tabletop!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pcf1e6094477cb4931b40391e96630337/fa984462.jpg

LTandRaptorider
11-10-2003, 10:16 AM
So you wupped up on an LT?? Good for you! ;)

If mine keeps acting up, I'll trade it for a 300ex! :eek2: I had to watch a harescramble yesterday because I'm having tranny problems. Turns out it was more like an mx race, as they closed off most of the woods track. It was a little cold for the riders, lots of comlpaints about frozen fingers. I got to see Angel Atwell on her YFZ450... several guys got told to get the f out of the way!!

Congrats on your race! :D

QuadJunkies
11-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Nice pics Kym!:blah: So, this track has a little jumpin in it too huh?:macho At least you all have Classes to run up there, all we have is an open class:rolleyes: not too fair for some of the other riders and were stilll pushing to get more laides out here ,but you know how that goes:rolleyes:

dirtmomma
11-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Nice pics Kym!:blah: So, this track has a little jumpin in it too huh?:macho At least you all have Classes to run up there, all we have is an open class:rolleyes: not too fair for some of the other riders and were stilll pushing to get more laides out here ,but you know how that goes:rolleyes:
The pics of the lil' man are on the scramble track it was on a different day. Those flattrack pics are from back in May & the scramble ones are from Jan. That sucks that you guys only have a open class how many women race?? Won't they make a womens class if there are 5 or more riders??? I would be complaining hehehe:blah: I don't think I would run if they didnt' have a womens class, but I may run a 2nd class next time the 250-350 4 stroke:blah: :blah: to try it out. I do want to get the "balls" to go out w/ the guys sometime & bang tires w/ them :devil: I'll go bang tires w/ my hubby anytime but those other guys get a little CRAZY!!!

LT&Rpatorrider.......NO I didnt' whoop up on an LT, we did some bumping & got tangled once but she took 1st place. At least we can laugh about getting tangled, if I would of got tangled w/ another gal(she wasn;t there) she would of been PO'ed!!! But I did beat a YFZ450:eek: she couldn't ride it, sure wish I could of been on that!!! I would of rode the chit outta it!!!:devil: OH well!!!
I've been watching the video to see what I need to do different & the biggest thing is to get my arse BACK on the seat cuz I was spinning!! May have to go out to practice on Fri night if it's in the budget I definetly need it!!!

QuadJunkies
11-11-2003, 09:29 AM
actually, yeah we do have a womens class this year, This will be the first class of womens riders in recent years that I know of anyhow......... We have in total aroud 7 but Im sure Im not going to see them out there every wk end that we race. One gal will race for all the season, one will MOST but not all, I weill be the only one that I know plans on running the full series. If the other ladiesx dont show neough to run a class, then I guess Ill run with the Boyz:D ...Troy wont be fond of that idea, he was a total bag of nerves with me out there last year, we have a HUGE group of locals running this year so it will be interesting how many they are going to shove out on that small track at once:huh :eek2: either way Im racing for points this year, so I hope I bring me home a big trophy to sit next to Troys collection....:cool: lol......

dirtmomma
11-11-2003, 09:42 AM
Man WHAT is wrong w/ the replying on here is anyone else having the same problem?????:grr: takes FOREVER to get to the reply screen. OH well anyway heck if you go to every race you should podium NO problem from the sounds of it there's not very many racers:( you'd like our class they have to run about 3-4 heats w/ about 4-5 girls in each, there's that many girls. I told Ronny that if I just keep getting 3rd's maybe I'll podium at 3rd I'd be happy w/ that!! I'm going for that this year so we'll see!!! Then again there could be lots more next race some don't go to the 1st race cuz you can miss 2 & still keep your points. Isn't your 1st race in a couple weeks??

QuadJunkies
11-11-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Man WHAT is wrong w/ the replying on here is anyone else having the same problem?????:grr: takes FOREVER to get to the reply screen. OH well anyway heck if you go to every race you should podium NO problem from the sounds of it there's not very many racers:( you'd like our class they have to run about 3-4 heats w/ about 4-5 girls in each, there's that many girls. I told Ronny that if I just keep getting 3rd's maybe I'll podium at 3rd I'd be happy w/ that!! I'm going for that this year so we'll see!!! Then again there could be lots more next race some don't go to the 1st race cuz you can miss 2 & still keep your points. Isn't your 1st race in a couple weeks?? yeah, its over Thanksgiving Wk end, I gess oopen class will just make me push a little harder...right?;) 7 is still a good number I guess considering I was the only girl of interest for it last year either way, Im doing what I enjoy......

JTRtrx250r
11-11-2003, 10:02 AM
Kym...if you keep getting 3rd's...they might add up to more in the end;) that was my goal in the beginning too,then it was 2nd's,after you get your first 1st place...the rest come easier;) keep it up girl;) :D :cool:

LTandRaptorider
11-12-2003, 05:00 PM
LT&Rpatorrider.......NO I didnt' whoop up on an LT, we did some bumping & got tangled once but she took 1st place. At least we can laugh about getting tangled, if I would of got tangled w/ another gal(she wasn;t there) she would of been PO'ed!!! But I did beat a YFZ450:eek: she couldn't ride it, sure wish I could of been on that!!! I would of rode the chit outta it!!!:devil: OH well!!!
I've been watching the video to see what I need to do different & the biggest thing is to get my arse BACK on the seat cuz I was spinning!! May have to go out to practice on Fri night if it's in the budget I definetly need it!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, ok... I'll hang on to my LT a little longer then! ;) Looks like it'll need a little tranny work over the winter, though. Yeah, those YFZs are nice. I got to see Angel Atwell running hers at a local race last Sunday, that thing sounds mean. And I thought my Raptor sounded good with the Alba pipe...

Have fun, be safe! :D

AtvMxRider
11-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Nah...we don't have flat track here....not for quads/bikes....maybe someday.....doh

He's too fat for flatracking...........:D

AlaskaSpeed
11-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
He's too fat for flatracking...........:D

Hey,
Hillbilly Hank.....I'm not fat, I'm stocky.........:o

QuadJunkies
11-12-2003, 11:53 PM
Hey,
Hillbilly Hank.....I'm not fat, I'm stocky.........:o nothing wrong with a little meat on the bones.....:D ;)

dirtmomma
11-13-2003, 07:56 AM
nothing wrong with a little meat on the bones.....:D ;) Thats what I'm talkin about LMAO....especially for the winter:p & up there in Alaska!!! Isn't it "more weight more traction" hehehee:o

dirtmomma
11-24-2003, 08:27 AM
posted a new thread for this weekend :):)

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81325