PDA

View Full Version : engine swap into my crap quad?

DillonTMNT
11-08-2003, 09:31 PM
I was thinking about buying a used complete engine/carb/electricals off ebay and swapping it inot my quad. My quad has pretty crappy power stock and the parts are uncommmon. Not to mention it is pretty messed up as it. We had a house fired and the garage burnt down with my quad init. The front was burned up but it really didnt get messed up much. But I lost a ton of bolts and stuff that went with the engine (cause it was out of the frame).

My question is what would be a good frame to swap into it. I was thinking a 250cc motocross bike engine since they are pretty common. I know they dont have a counter balance but I am not worried too much about shaking. I know I will have to make motor mounts or somehow used the same mounts with shims or what not.

What all will I need to do a swap without using lights. I dont feel likehooking up lights and would rather bypass all of that stuff. I dont want kes or anything like that. Just a kickstart and throttle and shifter...and brakes of course. By the way my quad is a 1989 suzuki quadsport 250s...they were made form 1989 -90 and are ver uncommon. thanks a bunch

-Dillon

Diedrich
11-08-2003, 10:20 PM
get ya a 250r motor...2-stroke dirtbike bike motors will shake ya to death and they will tear your frame to hell

hondafox440
11-08-2003, 10:56 PM
I would look into a street bike engine. I don't know for sure, but I would imagine the vibrations wouldn't be that bad. You can probably find a wrecked bike for cheap from a salvage yard or something.