PDA

View Full Version : NQRA National Series MX, TT, and Drag

Admin
11-08-2003, 07:17 PM
http://www.exriders.com/pictures/NQRA.gif

Official Press Release

November 5, 2003
Winston-Salem, NC

NQRA is happy and excited to announce their 2004 US ATV National Championship Schedule. The NQRA will make history in the world of ATV racing with 2004’s first two rounds being held during DAYTONA’S BIKE WEEK the last weekend of February 2004. This will be followed by a round at one of the premier MX tracks in the country. These rounds will be joined in 2004 by some of the most beautiful, world class facilities in the this country. Some of these races will include the only ATV beach race in the United States, and then followed by the biggest ATV race weekend ever.

At this time we are still in negotiations with several national companies for the title sponsorship. We will officially be releasing all the details of the sponsors, points structure, rules, and pro purse points fund on December 15th.

Here’s your chance to make a change in ATV racing as a very well trained and prepared staff will use the 2004 schedule to set the new standard in our sport. “NQRA will put the fun back in racing ATVs again, something that’s been missing for the last several years” says NQRA president Randy Dinkins. “We will be pushing hard for participation in the youth classes and rewarding the amateurs. In the NQRA, the members, the riders, own the association. Here, the riders make the decisions, not the promoters and OEMs. We’re here for the riders and their happiness is what it’s all about!” says Dinkins.

NQRA will be running a total of 10 rounds of combined MX and TT racing, along with 3 championship rounds of Drag racing at selected events. We will be crowning national champions in all classes in MX, TT, and Drag racing. Along with the individual class champions, we will crown a combined champion for the MX and TT, with the major recognition and awards going to the combined champion.

Please see below the tentative schedule and visit the websites wherever possible. We hope to see you at the races. Be sure to visit the NQRA website at www.nqra.org for photos from our first year. Just remember, the photos you see are only a warm up, we can’t wait to see you in Florida. If you want a schedule sent directly to you go to our website and enter the contact area to email us your address.

February 27–29* Motocross World Orlando, FL MX & TT

March 12–14* Monster Mountain Montgomery, AL MX & Drag

April 24–25* Triple C Raceway Wilson, NC TT

May 1–2* VA Beach Xtreme Weekend VA Beach, VA MX & Drag

June 12–14* Capital City Speedway Richmond, VA TT

July 16–18* Rausch Creek MX Tremont, PA MX

August 21–22* Potomac Speedway Budds Creek, MD TT

September 3–6 Georgia Motorplex (Aonia Pass) Washington, GA MX/TT/Drag

US ATV National Championship Finals
For all 3 divisions

PLUS – ATV Freestyle. Giant ATV Expo, Cross Country Race, Short Track Race, ATV Supercross Race, Hillclimb, MX & TT Riding Schools, Pit Bike race, Pit Stop Challenge, Utility Quad Challenge, Tag Team Race, Wheelie Contest, & more.

• = Qualifying Round for the 2004 US National Championship Finals
Top 3 (non qualified) finishers automatically qualify for the heat races for the Finals to be held Labor Day Weekend in Washington. GA

wyndzer
11-08-2003, 07:21 PM
The second TT race is at the track I helped design right here in my hometown:macho

Admin
11-08-2003, 07:23 PM
Cool! The series sounds awesome, and I will hopefully be attending a couple of them.

Doibugu2
11-08-2003, 07:27 PM
I live in the wrong area for quads:(

sparky450AR
11-08-2003, 07:35 PM
AWESOME!!!

batgeek
11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
for the Va Beach race, if anyone needs a place to stage, sleep and of course get drunk, gimme a pm :)

QuadJunkies
11-09-2003, 01:02 AM
that is SOOOOOOO cool!!!!!!!!:macho

11-09-2003, 11:01 AM
I'll have to hit up that Rausch Creek Race:cool:

NTPRacing#19
11-09-2003, 01:42 PM
i think this series will be great for our sport. its awesome that finally someone is doing something about it

dirtmomma
11-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Man I live on the wrong side of the US too:( :( No West Coast races:confused: Sounds like alot of fun though.:cool:

JTRtrx250r
11-10-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Man I live on the wrong side of the US too:( :( No West Coast races:confused: Sounds like alot of fun though.:cool: WE definitly get jacked on this west coast for sure:rolleyes: seems like a hand-full of riders even keep anything going on around here,....we're gettin' jacked dirtmomma haha:rolleyes: :blah:

TRXMaddness
11-10-2003, 07:41 AM
This series is a blast. I attend last years races and had the time of my life. Met alot of different people and many other racers. Look forward to meeting some more too. I would help some EXRiders out since I live here in Va Beach now, but I'm moving soon to Beaufort, SC.

QuadJunkies
11-10-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
WE definitly get jacked on this west coast for sure:rolleyes: seems like a hand-full of riders even keep anything going on around here,....we're gettin' jacked dirtmomma haha:rolleyes: :blah: True Dat! Only a few things out here for us, but it IS getting a litle better,just keep your fingers crossed that things will only keep getting better ;)