PDA

View Full Version : Saw the 450r in person!!!!

mopar 400
11-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Well I had the first view of the 450r today at the Cycle World show in San Mateo California. I was quite impressed. The welds on the frame do look a little beefier than the 400ex, which was a nice thing to see. I also noticed that the front fenders have the sides which can be removed and run without the mud deflectors. You can then reinstall them when you want the coverage. This is a pretty neat feature. The other thing that I noticed was how nice the front shock were built. They really stepped it up in the suspension area. Finally we are able to take the bike off the showroom and compete with the Yami. The kickstart looked decent, and the hot start lever tuck in under the starter switch cleanly. The tank also looks pretty trick with the two piece cover. It looks more like a street bike than hte any tank I have ever seen. The lights was the only thing that looked a little goofy, but I think I can definitly get used to them.

I spoke to the Honda rep and he would not tough the question about HP, but said the hop up kit greatly increses the performance.

I cant wait to see one in action!

Glow Plug
11-08-2003, 06:26 PM
you know anything about a definate price?

mopar 400
11-08-2003, 06:28 PM
No they had them listed for every other quad and bike in the show, but not the 450r. What a trip. I was surprised that I was one of the onlly few sitting there drooling over it!