PDA

View Full Version : whos goin to what college???

Tommy 17
11-08-2003, 10:25 AM
well i sent my papers in i'm goin to penn state... i was accepted and everything

i'm goin in as engineering (undeiceded) but i'll most likly be mechanical or civil...

j.w where some of the other seniors are goin out there... wonder if any exriders are goin to the same place as me...

Adam202
11-08-2003, 10:35 AM
im going to go to a community college. i dont know for what either. :rolleyes:

MOFO
11-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
well i sent my papers in i'm goin to penn state... i was accepted and everything

i'm goin in as engineering (undeiceded) but i'll most likly be mechanical or civil...

j.w where some of the other seniors are goin out there... wonder if any exriders are goin to the same place as me...

Tommy, have you tried Pitt? I thought you were going there?

Tommy 17
11-08-2003, 12:11 PM
after talkin with graduates from both school... i figured penn state was the best school for me...

i'm accepted to pitt main and i can go there if i want... but penn state was the right place for me:D

K2Snow
11-08-2003, 12:30 PM
I've applied to a couple UCs out here in Santa Barbara, San Diego, Santa Cruz, and state colleges in Fresno, Long Beach, San Diego, and San Luis.

k2-dawg
11-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Tommy,

Try WVU, tuition for an out of stater might be, at least it was when I was there, lower than an in-state tuition there for PA. Good engineering school, imo.

MOFO
11-08-2003, 12:52 PM
after talkin with graduates from both school... i figured penn state was the best school for me...

i'm accepted to pitt main and i can go there if i want... but penn state was the right place for me:D

ahhhh, Pitt main is pretty sweet.... my fiance went there.

Good luck either way... just so you know, Pitt does have the better football team too.... :D

batgeek
11-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by K2Snow
I've applied to a couple UCs out here in Santa Barbara, San Diego, Santa Cruz, and state colleges in Fresno, Long Beach, San Diego, and San Luis.

hrmmmm. SDSU :) one of my alma maters.

good party school. 2 1/2 hours away from Glamis hehe.

watch them UC schools...lotsa $$$$$$$.

SLO has the MOST BEAUTIFUL campus out of all of those.

and Tommy, grats on Penn St. now if JoePa can get that football team to start winning again.

Quad18star
11-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Tommy17 ,
All I have to say is that if you go for Civil Engineering , be prepared . I hope you know your math well along with physics.

mrusk
11-08-2003, 08:12 PM
I am a senior. I remember all the way up till last year i had no clue in the world what i wanted to be when i grow up. I thought i'd go away to college. But then i figured out what i wanted to be. I want to be a landscaper. At 17 i can do alot of hardscapes and rock walls that alot of adults would have difficultly doing. I could never figure out how to express myself creatively untill i started this landscape stuff. I got 15k of equpiment in the garage and a 2500hd in the driveway. I aint going away to college. Told my parents it wasn't for me. I am going to the local community college and getting their 2 year horticulture degree. It will cost alittle over 7k total and the class schudule is flexible.

College aint for everybody. LOL BUT if you want to be a engineer college is for you.

matt

11-08-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Tommy17 ,
All I have to say is that if you go for Civil Engineering , be prepared . I hope you know your math well along with physics.

LOL lets just hope spelling isn't important:eek:

11-08-2003, 08:16 PM
thats alot of money, id rather have a crf:( that college stuff just isnt for me i guess

Tommy 17
11-08-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Tommy17 ,

math is no problem for me thank god!!! 720 on my math part of my SAT...

300 was my verbal and thats why i can't spell:o not like i really care...

personally u'll never see me at a penn state football game... i hate the game:p if it involves a ball besides ur nutz i don't wanna watch it

bansheeguy77
11-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
thats alot of money, id rather have a crf:( that college stuff just isnt for me i guess

i was the same way....but believe me it will be when u put some thought into it....alot of girls dont like guys who throw boxes for a living....tommy are u going to psu main? congrats, psu is too smart for me haha

Chanman420q
11-08-2003, 09:01 PM
yale........:D

ya right **** that im just gunna go to a community collage for some sort of mechanics

Tommy 17
11-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
tommy are u going to psu main? congrats, psu is too smart for me haha

main is in 2 years... i'll be in altoona for the 1st 2 years... i'm not that smart:p i'd die at main the 1st year with 35,000 students... 3,000 at altoona will be enouf for me...

its only 28 mins from my house 2 and like 15 from my girlfriends house... so that'll make it nice for me 2... i'll be stayin on campus though...

batgeek
11-08-2003, 09:28 PM
i'll be stayin on campus though...

i'm thinkin yer gf will be diggin that too *hint hint nudge nudge* :D

11-08-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
i was the same way....but believe me it will be when u put some thought into it....alot of girls dont like guys who throw boxes for a living....tommy are u going to psu main? congrats, psu is too smart for me haha

yeah i hate doing dip**** work all day long but i gotta if i wanna do what makes me happy, i love buying parts and building stuff and college dont do that for me, i know in the long run its smarter to go to college but im not motivated and im motivated to work when i know im getting paid

Greg Z
11-08-2003, 09:57 PM
hows arizona university

i might be going there since my family is going to move to AZ

K2Snow
11-08-2003, 10:51 PM
if it involves a ball besides ur nutz i don't wanna watch it

lol, that sounds reaaally bad bro....

too bad you messed up the verbal, you coulda had an awesome SAT score with a 720 in math, that is incredible. i got a 610 in both, so a 1220 total, decent for my first time. i took it again last weekend, waiting for my new scores on the 14th. i absolutely despise of math and physics, good luck with that crap

11-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by K2Snow
lol, that sounds reaaally bad bro....

too bad you messed up the verbal, you coulda had an awesome SAT score with a 720 in math, that is incredible. i got a 610 in both, so a 1220 total, decent for my first time. i took it again last weekend, waiting for my new scores on the 14th. i absolutely despise of math and physics, good luck with that crap

i took psats i got a 580 total, but i guessed on all the questions

TheX1992
11-09-2003, 08:30 AM
CVTC - auto tech, welding, and tool and die making

MOFO
11-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
i took psats i got a 580 total, but i guessed on all the questions

looks like your setting your goals high in life...

coryatver
11-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Im going to penn state in erie for computer engineering. It is a lot of work.

blondie69
11-09-2003, 10:24 AM
I'll be goin to NSCC (Nova Scotia Community College) :rolleyes: Haha...I could never get into real college/university:huh

jtej
11-09-2003, 03:56 PM
i'm going to the University of Louisville for mechanical engineering. i just started, but hopefully i can get my masters in 5 years and get a good paying job to support all my toys.

wwclea01
11-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Have fun in engineering school. I started in engineering at university of louisville and it was a joke. They expect you to be a genius when you start. I had to drop that idea. Good luck though. there is like a 75 percent drop out rate in our engineering program.

Tommy 17
11-12-2003, 09:34 AM
thats what i hear...

i was already warned by a friend the 1st day i walk into calc class he will give me a test on what i should already know... and they said the stuff i'm doin now 9 weeks into school is covered in the 1st 3 days:eek:

knighttime
11-12-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
Im going to penn state in erie for computer engineering. It is a lot of work.

KEWL, thats where i went, i do remember the engineers always studyin it seemed like. Us business majors normally were lookin for a keg party.:bandit:

11-12-2003, 10:27 AM
Just remember your there for learning not partying. All my college buddies now make less than the guys that didn't go to college...:o

jja125
11-12-2003, 10:34 AM
tommy,

don't worry about it that much i went there for civil and it wasn't that bad if you do your work. you don't need to be a genious - just go to class no matter how hungover and do the homework and you'll pass. just make sure you don't skip class (at least the engineering classes - i never went to any of the multicultural classes and all that crap, but at that point i had a job already lined up and just needed to graduate). if you're a country boy you'll like psu main better than pitt main

Tommy 17
11-12-2003, 11:08 AM
i'm about as country as they come in this part of pa thats why i picked PSU:p

from what i hear nittany point gets crazy on the weekends... i was there once with my cousin and it was crazy... she said it was clam that day 2 haha... its kinda fun sittin up on the 2nd floor belcony with a show me ur boobs sign and a case of beer and they actually do it:p

i'm def gonna put school 1st... but i def will still have my fun:macho

Jblazin98
11-14-2003, 12:12 PM
There is only one thing you should check when looking into a college...the guy to girl ratio...but seriously I go to Indiana U Of PA...im sure you never heard of it unless you live in PA but it is a great school for what i major in which is criminology and it is a fun place...IUP stands for I Usually Party..but make sure you check everything out and see what you like...

MXcutie
11-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Jblazin98
There is only one thing you should check when looking into a college...the guy to girl ratio...but seriously I go to Indiana U Of PA...im sure you never heard of it unless you live in PA but it is a great school for what i major in which is criminology and it is a fun place...IUP stands for I Usually Party..but make sure you check everything out and see what you like...

I go to MAC *Mount Aloysius College* and yes it's private and yes my rents plunk out alot of money for me to go here... but anyhow I was up at IUP on wed nite hanging out at ATO... now that place is ****ing crazy :) but i had so much fun but IUP is the number one partying school in PA so there ya go

and Tommy i always said college will come before goin out and partying but now i'm in my 2nd year and parties lately seem to come before studying... gotta love crammin

Jblazin98
11-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by MXcutie
I go to MAC *Mount Aloysius College* and yes it's private and yes my rents plunk out alot of money for me to go here... but anyhow I was up at IUP on wed nite hanging out at ATO... now that place is ****ing crazy :) but i had so much fun but IUP is the number one partying school in PA so there ya go

and Tommy i always said college will come before goin out and partying but now i'm in my 2nd year and parties lately seem to come before studying... gotta love crammin

Yeah IUP is a crazy place to party but i never go to the Frats you always have to wait in line to get a beer and i hate that...we always party at my house on the weekends we usually get 5 kegs on Thus, 5 on fri and 5 on sat...its pretty nuts...so if anyone is ever up this way drop me a line i guarantee we will have a crazy time

MXcutie
11-14-2003, 01:05 PM
i never wait in line for beer... i mean it's 3 bucks for a cup but my boyfriend is prez of the frat so i get what i want right then and there other wise there is hell to pay and i love just yelling "PLEDGE" and someone is standing in front of you asking you what needs done

Jblazin98
11-14-2003, 01:09 PM
i never wait in line for beer... i mean it's 3 bucks for a cup but my boyfriend is prez of the frat so i get what i want right then and there other wise there is hell to pay and i love just yelling "PLEDGE" and someone is standing in front of you asking you what needs done

Thats sweet then...see i dont got the hookup like that...i thought ATO was disbanded though...i used to work with a brother in that frat in Ocean City, MD so i have been there before just not this semester...

CUZ'n
11-14-2003, 01:11 PM

soundz lik u need a man not bunches of boyz

MXcutie
11-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Jblazin98
Thats sweet then...see i dont got the hookup like that...i thought ATO was disbanded though...i used to work with a brother in that frat in Ocean City, MD so i have been there before just not this semester...

something is goin on i think they are changing their name or something i dont know to much about it nor care it just makes our relationship on the rocks when we talk about it b/c it leads to one huge *** fight...

NTPRacing#19
11-16-2003, 01:49 PM
im aint goin to college, im out of highschool for almost a year now and i have been workin in excavation for as long as i can remember and im really good at running the heavy equipment and plus i can be bymyself on a doser or in an excavator and the days fly by like nothin and the reward at the end of the week is awesome

Tommy 17
11-16-2003, 03:03 PM
my sister goes to IUP and i'm only about 30 mins from there...

next time i got partying down there i'll have to let u know jblazin

Jblazin98
11-16-2003, 05:11 PM
my sister goes to IUP and i'm only about 30 mins from there...

next time i got partying down there i'll have to let u know jblazin

Yeah let me know....my AOL screen name is Jblazin98 when ever you want to come down and hang out just IM me...ill make sure that we have a crazy time...

BlasterRider200
11-16-2003, 07:17 PM
i might i am thinking about uti or something with motors