PDA

View Full Version : the 450r vs the yfz

HiperEX
11-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Is anyone esle sick off all the ppl that live off the yfz and all they think about is the yfz and how bad it is goin to beat the honda? All i here from people is oh that yfz will take that honda anyday and i keep telling them how would you know they arnt even out yet and they answer just look at the two, im like what does looks have to do with anything i hope this honda will eat the ***** out of the yfz and see what all those people say then. i just cant stand it all these people talking smack about the 450r! anyone else have this goin on with people around them?

batgeek
11-07-2003, 11:09 PM
anyone that supports OR talks sh^t about the 450R before riding one is someone that i ignore.

HiperEX
11-07-2003, 11:13 PM
yeah thats what i try to do batgeek but its gone to far to me

batgeek
11-07-2003, 11:15 PM
don't let it get to ya man :D

11-07-2003, 11:16 PM
I dont care, I ride Suzuki:o :p

RiPPiNiTuP7
11-07-2003, 11:29 PM
:rolleyes:

batgeek
11-07-2003, 11:33 PM
ride what ya got!!!

but most of all....HAVE FUN DOING IT!!!

i think thats all that matters :D

Guy400
11-08-2003, 05:18 AM
I think they're both very good quads and at the end of the day it's going to come down to which one do you feel most comfortable spending your money on. I don't think either of them is going to be light years ahead of the other in terms of performance.

11-08-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
anyone that supports OR talks sh^t about the 450R before riding one is someone that i ignore.

the yfz iss fasst dont knock it til u rock it?:huh

AlaskaSpeed
11-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Ya know...the only thing worse than what you're complaining about Hiper active EX is starting a useless thread like this one.....:rolleyes:

HiperEX
11-08-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Ya know...the only thing worse than what you're complaining about Hiper active EX is starting a useless thread like this one.....:rolleyes:

im just sayin all these people that are out there sayin teh yamaha is better and everything on it is better than the honda and guess what the honda isnt even out yet so why would people say stuff like that and im not bashing the yamaha either i think there both great quads but i like the honda more cause i know it will last and the price is cheaper

Glow Plug
11-08-2003, 05:31 PM
well right now the yzf is a way better machine that the 450r why? Because its the only one you can buy right now. And you can't compaire the to until there both forsale.

I don't know why I even posted this what a waste of my time :rolleyes:

trx400ex
11-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by HiperEX
i like the honda more cause i know it will last

Hey if your gonna be a hypocrite then just SHUT UP abut it.

I thought the honda wasnt out yet how do you know its going to last? I cant believe i wasted my time reading this i thought there might be some good info i want my three minutes back.:mad:

Fred55
11-08-2003, 06:14 PM
I think he was talking about Honda as a whole......like the whole company.....which most, maybe all of their products are built to last...and I dont think anybody could expect any less from them.

RiPPiNiTuP7
11-08-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
I think he was talking about Honda as a whole......like the whole company.....which most, maybe all of their products are built to last...and I dont think anybody could expect any less from them.

"ya never know".

trx400ex
11-08-2003, 07:43 PM
I call that a popular myth that the 15 year olds started......

Ive had better luck with my YAMAHAS than my HONDAS maybe its just me but everything breaks and if youve never broke everything on a Honda good for you, but that doesnt make them stronger than any other brand.

Besides, what makes you think the 450r is going to be like other hondas "its not even out yet".......

Ryan
11-08-2003, 08:59 PM
ride what ya got!!!

Couldn't agree with you more! :D

RiPPiNiTuP7
11-08-2003, 09:01 PM
ride what ya got!!!

if only everyone agreed with that:(

HiperEX
11-08-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Fred55

thats is exactly what i mean

HiperEX
11-08-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
I call that a popular myth that the 15 year olds started......

Ive had better luck with my YAMAHAS than my HONDAS maybe its just me but everything breaks and if youve never broke everything on a Honda good for you, but that doesnt make them stronger than any other brand.

Besides, what makes you think the 450r is going to be like other hondas "its not even out yet".......

you think im 15 lol take another guess im 17 and i dont think all of you know what im trying to say so.., im not the one who is complaining about anything im just saying im stick of people talkin about something that isnt even out yet and comparing it to another quad that is already out

jaspurx
11-08-2003, 11:01 PM
think about this , the yfz is a detuned version of the dirt bike motor. the r is not. it has the hp advantage. look for the honda to smoke the competition. the r should be ballpark 50 hp , the yfz is what 35 , 36 ? do the math!

EvilJester400EX
11-08-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by jaspurx
think about this , the yfz is a detuned version of the dirt bike motor. the r is not. it has the hp advantage. look for the honda to smoke the competition. the r should be ballpark 50 hp , the yfz is what 35 , 36 ? do the math!

The Honda is also detuned, it just has more displacement than the Yamaha. Nobody can really say for sure what these bikes will compare against each other because one, the honda isn't even out yet. I've heard mixed things, the yamaha has 5 titanium valves, compared to hondas 4 valves, 2 stainless and 2 caste iron. The Honda has a 41mm carb, the yamaha has a 39. We really can't say for sure, stop making assumptions.

trx400ex
11-09-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by jaspurx

Haha, i think the TRX is actualy detuned more than the YFZ. Not for sure on that, but i do know it is detuned. Even if your comparing the outside of the motor to the CRF motor you can tell they look really diferent.

Hiper i wasnt saying you were 15, its just my whole life ive heard how reliable Hondas are and im getting sick of it, Hondas dont last a minute longer than anything else in my garage. I just hate hearing people give them credit for something they dont deserve. Mostly its the guys that just go out and trail ride a little every now and then, nothing wrong with that, but anything can stand up to that kind of riding.

I dont dislike Honda if i had the cash i would go buy a 450R and then i could compare to my YZ firsthand and not have to go by what other people think. Everyone knows it will be a good bike and i dont care if someone on here gos out and buys one over the YFZ. If someone REALLY thinks the YAMAHA is better than the Honda shouldnt they be telling the competition to go buy a Honda?!

I dont care if your on a YFZ450 or a TRX450, ill still go ride with you.....