PDA

View Full Version : screw driver stuck in swingarm!!!!

thursday
11-07-2003, 03:23 PM
well since i have to get new pivot bearings. I was hitting the tube in the swing arm i was using a flat head diver as a device to use to bang the tube out and it got stuck in under the tube and now i cant find ne way to get the screwdriver which is stuck out please somone if this has happend to u please help me

thanks alot

300exOH
11-07-2003, 03:29 PM
:huh :huh :huh

Sounds like someone may need a new swinger. J/P

Try putting some heat to it... or a BFH!

Doibugu2
11-07-2003, 03:34 PM
take the pivot bolt and use that to knock the screwdriver out.

thursday
11-07-2003, 03:36 PM
i think i mite know what the pivot bolt is but im not to sure

300exOH
11-07-2003, 03:38 PM
It's the huge bolt that holds your swingarm on.

thursday
11-07-2003, 03:40 PM
is the rear rear lever connects to it maybe u guys arent understanding the tube which is in the swingarm is holding the crewdriver there

300exOH
11-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Sorry man. I'm not sure which tube???

gizmocor
11-07-2003, 11:43 PM
As far as getting the screw driver out, set yourself up a little slide hammer setup, where you can wrap some weight around the screwdriver and slide it back into the head of the screwdriver.

Getting the tube out is going to be a much bigger job. By the sounds of it you seized the bearings and depending on how long it has been like this, the bearings can actually weld themselves to the tube. Try hitting an impact socket or something into the tube where you can smack on the whole dia. May have to use some heat if it is really stubborn. If your bearings are as bad as I think they may be and you don't have a bearing puller, you may have to cut them out. If your very carefull you can slice the bearing and brake it in two inside the s-arm to pull them out. This is not an easy job though. Hopefully you'll remeber that when you don't want to grease your bearings next time. If you keep that clean and lubricated you'll never have this problem again.

Hope that helps
Cory

Scott-300ex
11-08-2003, 01:38 PM
try usin' a long powerful magnet:D

thursday
11-08-2003, 07:37 PM
guys thanks for help i did in fact today get the screw driver out and the tube out

thanks alot for your help i appreciate it
:D :D :D