PDA

View Full Version : Amazing how tires make a differance

rookiex
11-07-2003, 09:48 AM
The other week There was a race, where I was sorrounded by the high an the mighty YFZ450, This track is hard to pass on so who ever gets the whole shot basically is in the top 3 unless they crash.So gate drops Im on my modded dale I GET LAST on HS this is a first time thing for me, I never got last.So as the race went on I got to thinking how it happend,Then I remember I took the dale on a little ride on the roads around town an basically made the tires slicks an totally forgot.So I got Kenda Klaws went back to the same track for the race, pulled hole shot won. End of story YFZ's are not as fast as I once thought shame on me for thinking so.

However they are fast, Don't get me wrong I'm just suprised on how tires can make such a differance in everything you do on the track.

11-07-2003, 12:38 PM
:cool:

matt400ex
11-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey, just to add to this. I was at a race a few weeks back, and the night before it rained and the track was muddy as heck. So thinking I might need the extra traction I set my tire pressure in my turf tamers to 3psi. Well needless to say, during the practice the track was DRY and I was rolling in every corner I came to. Especially the Loretta Lynns' where I was getting beat on by Z's. :mad:

So for the race I bumped the pressure back up to the 5-6psi, and the old EX handled like a dream! I couldn't believe tire pressure could make that much difference on the track but it did. Ended up getting 2nd, after the B.S. whole shot....but thats another story :).