PDA

View Full Version : neighbor bought a warrior

4punksdad
02-10-2002, 02:06 AM
yesterday my neighbor called & was full of questiones about a warrior. I tried to answer his questions without downing the bike. 30 minutes later he rides into my yard on a 2000 warrior.
seems as if he was calling from a local used bike shop. he was about ready to buy the warrior when he called me. we had to go out for a little trail ride immediately.
he seems pleased with it.........I tried to sell him my wife's 300ex, but for some reason he just had to have a warrior. Oh well..........I am happy to have another person to ride with, no matter what he is riding!

02-10-2002, 06:35 AM
He should be happy with it untill you let him ride your 400:D

It really is not a bad machine but just has some limitations in the suspension and its ability rev quickly.

I have one as a second / spare and it is still a lot of fun on the trails and can handle most trails with no problem. It can be a little interesting when airborne as the front is a little heavy.

They are good at hill climbs with the heavy front end though.

Hope that he likes it

4punksdad
02-11-2002, 06:06 PM
here is a pic after we returned from our trail ride on saturday. he was in the process of spraying it down with the pressure washer.

Tommy 17
02-11-2002, 06:19 PM
they are so shiney new haha... warriors aren't bad but if ur gonna race or sumtin they aren't made for it... but for the causal trail rider they aren't to bad....

4punksdad
02-11-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by 400ex21
they are so shiney new haha... warriors aren't bad but if ur gonna race or sumtin they aren't made for it... but for the causal trail rider they aren't to bad....

its not new..........its a used 2000 model. It just looks shiney cause its wet. :)

NateLHonda
02-12-2002, 03:46 PM
wut is that thing behind your front bumper on the 400ex?

Tommy 17
02-12-2002, 04:16 PM
opps sry 4 punks they all look the same never really changed them...

4punksdad
02-12-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by NateLHonda
wut is that thing behind your front bumper on the 400ex?

handy dandy storage compartment........ :)
4" PVC SCH40 pipe with 2 screw on caps. its the exact same pipe that carrys the poop away from your house......except I painted it red.
Its white when purchased new.

tinner
02-13-2002, 08:08 PM
4punksdad...I just gotta say what a nice explanation for the storage compartment.lol.Good idea + you can poop in it.

4punksdad
02-14-2002, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by tinner
4punksdad...I just gotta say what a nice explanation for the storage compartment.lol.Good idea + you can poop in it.

LOL........you can make your own & poop in it all you like. If you poop in mine we are going to have to fight! :o

JabberJaw
02-14-2002, 12:04 PM
You couldn't fix poop with those cheesy tools they give you :-)

TRX250XFIRE
02-14-2002, 07:05 PM
i wonder if u could put a craper on your fourwheeler, u know, for those really long rides, u would have to be kind though and stay in the back so no one else is down wind...

"BLAHH"300!!
02-14-2002, 10:50 PM
....zip close insulated type soft sided cooler with a handle i pit under there.....the handle wraps around the old suport's for the fender's.(shaved fender's)...i put it on last summer and havn't taken it off yet and it hasn't come loose either...it's blue and kinda reflective so it looks good too.and easy to unzuip where it sits' keeps up to 3 can drinks(or beer) cold on ice...all day...freind has one too...i use it as a glove compartment mainly though..one of those large gartor-aid bottles fit's right in the front of your frame upside down by the streing stem perfectly....it's amazing how well a gator-aid bottle fit's in there and it doen't matter if it get's hot...taste the same...anyone else put em' down there.?

TRX250XFIRE
02-14-2002, 11:00 PM
there is somemore tips for those long rides. i have tried that gaterade thing to, it works pretty good.

"BLAHH"300!!
02-14-2002, 11:50 PM
i got a three day old gator-aid bottle stuck in mine right now....:D "BLAH"!!

[EDIT] i bet it still taste's the same too...:blah "BLAH"!!

TRX250XFIRE
02-15-2002, 05:23 AM
i wish i could ride....i hope those parts come in soon, gaterade is a betuiful thing...lol....hey whats with the blah thing?? it cracks me up...i know a ferigin kid and he all ways goes..blahhhhhhhh..cause i gess it means $hit in his launge, lol

"BLAHH"300!!
02-15-2002, 08:11 PM
....i got a habit of doin' it when i talk sometimes....start ramblin on and at the end just add in a short BLAH!!:blah....
figured i'd type like i talk...

Warrioreater400ex
02-22-2002, 11:01 PM
hey 4 punks, how do you have the pvc pipe attatched in there? wire ties? duct tape? lol just curious cuz its a great idea, its amazing what pvc and a lil of that nasty smellin pipe glue can do.... lately we have been makin potato guns out of it... but storage compartment sounds cool too!! :D

4punksdad
02-22-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by BlastrEatr300ex
hey 4 punks, how do you have the pvc pipe attatched in there? wire ties? duct tape? lol just curious cuz its a great idea, its amazing what pvc and a lil of that nasty smellin pipe glue can do.... lately we have been makin potato guns out of it... but storage compartment sounds cool too!! :D

its held on with 3 very heavy duty zip ties...........and by the way, no need to glue it. that stuff fits together tightly enough without glue & primer :)

upstate rider
02-25-2002, 03:24 AM
4punks , said you tried to sell wife's 300ex. Does this mean she will be getting a new machine or are you retiring her from riding and just keeping her barefoot and pregnet?

4punksdad
02-25-2002, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by upstate rider
4punks , said you tried to sell wife's 300ex. Does this mean she will be getting a new machine or are you retiring her from riding and just keeping her barefoot and pregnet?

LOL.........she just doesn't ride enough to justify a quad taking up space in my garage. I got enough junk in my way. here is a pic from last night before I closed the door. seems as if I have another 400ex in storage.

"BLAHH"300!!
02-26-2002, 01:34 PM
haha thats funny man..