PDA

View Full Version : Magura Hydraulic Clutch?

pnut420
11-06-2003, 09:03 PM
I am going to be odering one in the next few days, the stock clutch cable was to close to the HMF head pipe and melted, the question is, does the Magura give you a little extra slack to allow to the +1 stem I have and the header?????? Thanks for any help

K_Fulk
11-06-2003, 09:21 PM
You get a lot of slack, i run mine down in front of the oil tank then back along the frame.
I just put a stainless line on mine and cut it down so i dont have as much slack, Dont mess with with gettina stainless line untill you do something to yours though, its a pain in the arse putting the fittings in the stainless line.

And dont pull the lever when it isnt hooked up!!!!!!!!!

hook
11-06-2003, 09:25 PM
on plastic line i went an got a steel braded fuel line an ran my plastic line through it:devil:

pnut420
11-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Hey thanks alot guys, I might do the fuel hose trick myself. The stock cable sucks a*s bad. I cant wait to try this one out.

Oh and I wont pull the lever till it is hooked up :eek2:

YZROOSTINYA
11-07-2003, 05:06 AM
you can pull the lever befor eits hooked up. You just have to pull the line back out of the cylinder.

The clutch does it for you when its hooked up.

pnut420
11-07-2003, 07:57 AM
Yah. So how much smoother will it be

cade
11-07-2003, 08:01 AM
BEFORE SPENDING THE BUCKS FOR THE HYDRO CLUTCH I WOULD REPLACE THE CABLE WITH ANOTHER STOCK CABLE AND THEN BUY A SET OF RTC LEVERS. I JUST PUT A NEW CABLE AND LEVER SET ON MINE AND ITS VERY EASY TO PULL.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-07-2003, 08:05 AM
The magura is awesome you ask how much smoother, the hydraulic has a more consistent pull (there are not easy or hard spots when you pull in the clutch) smooth all the way and the pull well hardly any :D I went pack to a msr raptor lever and cable for a little while and boy did I miss my magura.

YZROOSTINYA
11-07-2003, 08:15 AM
i have a HD clutch and its 50% easier than my buddies brand new stock 400ex.

there is NO comparison

cade
11-07-2003, 09:20 AM
don't get me wrong the hydro clutches are great, but if someone wants to save some cash to use elsewhere on their machine than the rtc lever is a great alternative.

400exdad
11-07-2003, 09:32 PM
According to my friend, read the instructions and adjust it properly. He went through 2 slave cylinders on his R and ended up giving up on it.

pnut420
11-08-2003, 12:41 PM
Ordered it today from C&D cant wait to try it out :)

ATVer14
11-08-2003, 01:26 PM
I went through one slave cylinder and the problem was that when the piston was being pushed in, the shaft connecting it to the clutch arm on the engine wasn't going into the cylinder straight, and it caused the cylinder to wear on one side making it oval shaped and it wouldn't hold pressure anymore. So my advice is to make sure that shaft is entering the cylinder as squarely as possible and you shouldn't have any problems.

pnut420
11-08-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by ATVer14
I went through one slave cylinder and the problem was that when the piston was being pushed in, the shaft connecting it to the clutch arm on the engine wasn't going into the cylinder straight, and it caused the cylinder to wear on one side making it oval shaped and it wouldn't hold pressure anymore. So my advice is to make sure that shaft is entering the cylinder as squarely as possible and you shouldn't have any problems.

Any suggestions on how to make sure it ligns up properly and if it doesnt what do you do????

Thanks,
Kevin

jb500ex
11-08-2003, 02:27 PM
anyone know about problems with them leaking up by the handle. last fall that happened to me and i never adressed it, i just took it off. i did love the short time it did work though