PDA

View Full Version : how to remove powercoating

holeshot19
11-06-2003, 08:56 PM
?????????????????????????any ideas

K_Fulk
11-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Aircraft paint stripper followed by sand blasting, Or take it to someone that has a burnoff oven then sandblast it after that.

K_Fulk
11-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Or if your going to powdercoat over it you can sandblast it to soften it up and sand it with some 220 or so after that.

JOEX
11-06-2003, 09:42 PM
I used Klean-Strip from Home Depot to remove the PC from the scoops I got from pappy. Worked great.

Joe

danney f
11-07-2003, 01:27 AM
The aircraft paint stripper has worked the best for me. I have tried about 5 different kinds and have yet to find a better one. I have also been looking into a heated alkaline caustic dip tank. :devil:
But use the aircraft stripper, which is available at a wal-mart, let it set for about 10-15 minutes than use a pressure washer to blast it all off, or go over the part with steal wool than rinse it off with a hose.

Woodsrider
11-07-2003, 08:41 PM
Use aircraft stripper, But now that it is getting colder out, bring the part up to about 75 degrees first then put a good coat of stripper on it and then wrap the part in heavy cellophene palstic. Let it set for about twenty minutes to a half hour and then scrape it off.

I used Klean-Strip from Home Depot to remove the PC from the scoops I got from pappy. Worked great.

:eek: I have tried the kleen strip to remove a couple of my goofs. I must be doing something different with my PC because kleenstrip wont touch it.