PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know??

CEET400ex
11-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey...you all might have seen my post on computer problems with my brand new dell.....and tonight we went to my uncles((engineer and pretty quick w/ computers)).. and we swapped out the hard drives and we found out the hard drive is corrupt...well im going to call Dell tomorrow and see what i can get... You think they will send me a new hard drive free of cost???

infantry317
11-06-2003, 08:35 PM
I hope you didn't break a seal to get in there, if so your warranty from dell is null and void (but it would still have a drive mfgr warranty), otherwise yes Dell should cover it. You should always call them first, their tech support is very good.
my .02
Good luck!

K_Fulk
11-06-2003, 08:35 PM
I'm sure they will since its new, Is it still under warranty? Don't think they want customers bad mouthing them.

sly400ex
11-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Dells pretty good, they'll send ya a new one.....

stupid driver
11-07-2003, 05:58 AM
their customer support is awesome. They back up their products completely. If you didnt do somethin really stupid to the computer, they should send ya a new one. DUDE, your gettin a dell :blah:

2K400ex
11-07-2003, 07:49 PM
well my old roomate has a dell and his hard drive was bad.. he called them up and told them what happend and they sent him a new one.. all he had to do was ship them the old one back.. they had ups pick it up too. so i guess they paid the shipping.. and i didnt think Dell had a seal on theres systems.. my old roomates was made where you push a button on the top of it and the case popped out to install new things in it

CEET400ex
11-07-2003, 08:07 PM
I just got off the phone with them a lil while ago.. after I repeatedly told them that i had a PC technician look at it and determine that the hard drive was bad they still had me go throuhg all the troubleshooting bullcrap.O well i guess they are just making sure.But they are sending me a new hard drive....i didnt even have to send the old one...but they said itd be here in 3-5 days...so i guess im pretty happy with the service i received....thanks a lot yall