PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY - an aftermarket oversized oil cooler kit

remlapr
11-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Page 231 in December Dirt wheels. I think I've heard of a couple of people rigging up their own oversized oil coolers to replace the stock cooler - but I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong :confused: ) this is the first actual aftermarket oversized kit. It's made by Desert Toyz and it say's it's 3x bigger then the stock cooler and will drop your oil temp 50 degrees :eek:

Only problem I see is the price - $425 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

hook
11-06-2003, 08:00 PM
lot of $ but cheeper then a rebuild WHATS UP!!!!!

Juggalo
11-06-2003, 08:22 PM
four stroke tech has had an oil cooler thing out for a long time now, but its not oversized its just like another one i think

Chanman420q
11-06-2003, 08:29 PM
im sure the price will go down....... if not ill be forkin the dough over for that one :(

remlapr
11-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
four stroke tech has had an oil cooler thing out for a long time now, but its not oversized its just like another one i think

The FST cooler is a secondary cooler that is primarily designed to get cooler oil to the head. It requires that you tap the head and case - something I definately would't be comfortable doing myself. This one is an oversized replacement for the stock oil cooler, looks like you just bolt it up right in place of the existing stock cooler. They have to be trying to gouge people on the prices. I think I remember people that rigged one up themselves using automotive transmission fluid coolers that cost less then $50 - but they had to make their own lines and mounting brackets, ect...

K_Fulk
11-07-2003, 04:37 PM
After i get my motor together im going to call them and see what i get them down too, I'm deffinatly not paying $425 for one.

400exdad
11-07-2003, 09:15 PM
I've been looking for a larger cooler for some time now... so this caught my eye.. Great news! I just checked the website and its priced at $350. There's a pic of it on the site. Looks kind of like a tranny cooler and some customer made hoses..... http://www.deserttoyzatvracing.com/pages/786129/index.htm

11-10-2003, 08:32 AM
When it gets below $200 I'll look into it...:eek2:

I do like the 2 piece steering stem they have. Very clever I must say..:cool:

Meek
11-11-2003, 12:10 AM
I do like the 2 piece steering stem they have. Very clever I must say..:cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

I wonder how well it would hold up

trx440
11-18-2003, 09:21 PM
We have been discussing this for a few months now. We think we have a source for a cooler kit which we could sell for @ $269.

PM me if you are interested and I'll send you some pix of the product. Could be able to ship as early as Dec.1.

American made to boot! [I'm pretty sure!?}