PDA

View Full Version : Sparks or K&N???

ErthXINGon400cc
11-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Alright its getting closer to Christmas and I'm starting to make a list. And on my list is and air filter. I just need to know which one is better. I've heard that the C-Sparks it the best for the 400EX. But I read some sigs on this message board and most of you run a K&N Paper Filter with Outwears. Please let me know which is teh best. And when I get a new filter do i have to rejet my quad? Please let me know. Thanks!

sparks400ex101
11-06-2003, 05:03 PM
the sparks filter is just like anyother foam filter, i suggest the k&n without an oterwear, i have had alot of experience with both

ZSK
11-06-2003, 05:07 PM
I run a k&n in my 300ex with no lid and no outerwear, it was in there when I bought the bike but I am deffinately going to go with them when it comes time to replace. They have very extensive credibility. And they make filters for almost anything. It is freeer flowing than the foam filters you may need to rejet and you might not it probably depends on your elevation

ErthXINGon400cc
11-06-2003, 05:11 PM
IM in eastern PA i dont know the elavation does anyone?

Big - D Racing
11-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by ErthXINGon400cc
But I read some sigs on this message board and most of you run a K&N Paper Filter with Outwears. [/B]

K&n air filters are not made of paper they have a special cloth material surronded by a wire mesh that you soak with oil to trap the dirt. If it was made of paperthey wouldn't last long and would really suck. K&N come with a million mile warranty, if maintained correctly.