PDA

View Full Version : Crf450 Yzf450 Yzf426 Wr450f?????

416exmx
11-06-2003, 04:24 PM
ok, couple questions?? i know there are threads like this but this one has more questions so i dont wanna hear about it.

- out of all the above which would make the best engine to put in a quad frame?? i want advice from someone that has rode AT LEAST TWO of these bikes that has an opinion. I am looking for bottom end mainly!!
I know the WR will need the timming messed with and stuff to bring it up to par with the other motors.

-Is the WR and YZ motor the same on the outside?? if i had a frame for a YZ, will the WR bolt right in there also other than battery and electrical?? any idea on how much heavier the WR motor is??

-Has anyone liked/disliked the 4spd tranny in the YZF450???

I dont want someone telling the CRF is the best just because they heard it was, but advice from someone with experience. i have heard it all both ways, and every thread i searched for said it both ways. or is there even a difference in the motors other than personal preferance??

thanks for any help guys

416exmx
11-09-2003, 09:06 PM
anyone else

forum
11-10-2003, 01:29 PM
its all in how much you wanna spend tell me that., and i'll give you an answer

The new 450s (yami) are slightly differnet motor mount wise then the 400's and 426's. same year wr and Yz's will have the same mounts. the new yfz450 is faster then the crf's. but the crf's have a more broad style power delivery. They both wiegh about the same. The 4 gear transmisions is iffy. I know a guy with a houser yzf450. he says he doesn't think the 4 gears is a problem. he likes it. BUt I'd like to know where you expect to get a 450 engine. the bikes fairly new. and your goin to have to buy the whole bike. the crf engines can be bought from service honda or the factory if needed. Yamaha does not do that. At this point its stupid to build a yfz machine unless you have alot of expiernce racing. You need to be realy good to actualy go faster on a custom 450, compared to a yfz450.

edit. i read you sig after i posted. Seems like you know more then i originaly thought. don't take offense if i told you information you already knew. Im not inteding your stupid. Most the kids on this site don't know a damn thing. so im just used to posting like that

416exmx
11-10-2003, 08:09 PM
you started talking about the new yfz450 which is what i am not wanting to her. why spend 7k on a new yfz450 when now a days 9k will buy you a full aftermarket framed racer??? anyway, yeah i know i am going to have to buy the whole bike which is not a problem. i like the on-demand power you could say of my yzf426...hit the throttle and hold on!!! i reallly want do build a CRF450 but dont want to do it and then wish i still had my yzf426...maybe i'll just keep the yzf426 and build a crf450 then i can answer my own question.

11-11-2003, 02:58 PM
buy a yfz450...sell ur other quads...mod it...a yfz with 10k into it wil perform the same as a 25k aftermarket framed crf...if not better

416exmx
11-11-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
buy a yfz450...sell ur other quads...mod it...a yfz with 10k into it wil perform the same as a 25k aftermarket framed crf...if not better

if i was a mod i would have banned you for telling me that...

you are right, but why dump another 10K into a YFZ when 10K now a days will buy the used 25K aftermarket racer???

11-11-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
if i was a mod i would have banned you for telling me that...

you are right, but why dump another 10K into a YFZ when 10K now a days will buy the used 25K aftermarket racer??? ok...so why build one when you can go buy one like you said..and be more than happy? also if im right..then why would you ban me?:confused:

416exmx
11-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
ok...so why build one when you can go buy one like you said..and be more than happy? also if im right..then why would you ban me?:confused:

i already have a mostly aftermarket yzf426. i am going to buy an aftermarket frame and swap motors. not really build one just swap motors and freshen it all up. i dunno, i am just not much on the yfz trx hype