PDA

View Full Version : White Bros Rev/CDI Box?

4Hundy2001
11-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Hey Guys,
I have a couple of questions about the WB rev limiter. First what do you EX Riders think of this product? Does it really make a big difference or not?

My real question is I recently bought a "WB CDI Box" off of E-Bay. When it arrived the CDI box had no marking on it at all. The person I bought it from had taken a knife and etched WB in the side of it, but that is all. I was just wondering if this is what they are supposed to look like or if I got sold some cheap rip off of the WB product?

Help me out if you can.
Thanks 4Hundy2001

2001 400ex Yellow
DMP graphics/seat cover
WB E-series Silence
K/N airfilter
.170 Jet
Shockcovers
WB rev Box?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3149931000&ed=1066465633

Here is the e-bay page

ZSK
11-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Do you have some extensive motors mods that would make your engine make more power past 9,300 RPM's? If not I would stick to a stock cdi. I read an article printed last year about a duncan racing 440ex. They said there engine retains stock powere characteristics just makes more power everywhere. To make a longer story short they kept the stock cdi because the engine made it's peak horsepower at 7300-7500 RPM's just like the stock machine.

sparks400
11-06-2003, 07:04 PM
i havent hit my rev limiter yet, and my power tange is in between 5500-7500 im pretty sure, so i might stick to the stock one, what do u think, would it give me more power or what?

vroom
11-06-2003, 07:14 PM
i had one on my 400, and let me tel lyou, it felt liek the top end was slow as shyt when it was on, liek it always rev'd out, never kept going.. stock is the ebst way to go and the aftermarket isnt worth the money

hondafox440
11-06-2003, 07:21 PM
We got the exact same thing. It's legit. I noticed a power gain from about 5,000RPM on, and pulls longer.

416exmx
11-06-2003, 08:12 PM
i have noticed that on quads with modded motors the wb revbox makes them hard and sometimes impossible to start in winter. one time a quad wouldnt start so we switched the rev box with a different one and it fired right up. i dunno, i just have bad luck in the winter with them.

Evan400ex
11-06-2003, 08:18 PM
I know alot of people think rev limiters don't do much but THEY DO! If you have mods and a full exhaust system you NEED a rev limiter to get the max power and potential out of it. My local shop gets rev limiters specifically for a 400ex. I can't tell you the brand of rev limiter because it just says there shop name. Alot of the rev limiters out there that give people problems are the ones designed for the kickstart XR400 dirtbike. Make sure the rev limiter you get is designed for an electric starter and not a kick. It all makes a difference. I didn't think a rev limiter would do that much but it really did make a noticable difference in power when in the upper rpm range. I have never hit it since and I ride the pi$$ out of it when on a track.

4Hundy2001
11-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Hey does anyone know specifically what the White Bros Rev Box Looks like. I do have one I got off of E-bay, but I'm not sure it is really a WB box.

I heard the Rev Box helps in racing because you can stay in your gears longer. And pull ahead before you have to shift.

I am waiting to try this rev box out then I will let you guys know what I think. I just wanted to make sure it was a really a WB rev Box and not some cheap rip off.

The Box I recieved has no Markings. I heard the the WB boxes have a Honda OEM part number on them and WB etches their name on the box also.

Let me Know
Thanks

airheadedduner
11-07-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 416exmx
i have noticed that on quads with modded motors the wb revbox makes them hard and sometimes impossible to start in winter. one time a quad wouldnt start so we switched the rev box with a different one and it fired right up. i dunno, i just have bad luck in the winter with them.
It says in the directions that unless the batery is fully charged you will have cold weather starting issues. You should feel lucky, I have the WB box and an fcr with no choke:p

Hey does anyone know specifically what the White Bros Rev Box Looks like. I do have one I got off of E-bay, but I'm not sure it is really a WB box.
Mine is the same way you discreibed(WB eched in the side) and I know it is a wb box. From what I understand and I think it was stated above it is mearly an xr400 cdi. I heard maybe even xr250. Mine is a little smaller then stock one.

I like mine. But I have the mods for it. With the stock cdi I think, no I know I would be hitting the rev limiter way earlier. Extensive motor mods are not really what qualifies you for one. Just a cam that will pull past the stock rev limiter.

Kawboyz beware
11-07-2003, 01:47 PM
My buddy has one and it had the WB scratched into the side It was also slightly smaller tham the stocker

4Hundy2001
11-07-2003, 01:52 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone who replied with an answer to help me get some good info. Its nice to be able to rely on you guys when I have a question.

2001 Yellow 400ex
WB Rev Box
WB Eseries Slip on
K/N air Filter
Jet kit - .170
DMP Graphics/Seat Cover
Outerwears shock covers.

Thanks Again

suck my pipe
11-07-2003, 02:12 PM
I put mine on and i noticed more pull out power, and with only that a hmf slip on exhaust and a rejet im only about three feet behind a cannondale with a HMF full system and a re map when were pined out up the road

"Buy One"