PDA

View Full Version : riding in northern indiana

Yamaha_Rider
11-06-2003, 06:25 AM
is there any were in northern indiana to ride except for haspen and the badlands and the dunes???

briantrx
11-06-2003, 11:30 AM
nowhere that i know of legally. where do you ride at on the dunes? also where are you from in northern indiana? i live in laporte

Yamaha_Rider
11-06-2003, 01:07 PM
i ride at silver lake dunes just inside michigan....i live in columbia city..near fort wayne

perry
11-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Hey, whats Silver Lake like? I heard about it when I was a little kid, but never been .... ?

remlapr
11-06-2003, 02:39 PM
There are two other legal places in Northern Indiana - one is right by Muncie and the other is straight up from Indy towards Michigan. I can't remember the name of either though and have never been, just read about them on the net.

Yamaha_Rider
11-07-2003, 05:43 AM
silver lake is awesome its fun no matter what mackine you have...if you like to jump....even though a 400ex is kinda slow for dune riding...when my banshee was stock it ws kinda slow lol....but it was a aesomw place go to www.northeasttrailriders.com go to the photo gallery anf click on the silver lake dune trip....im the blue banshee in some of the pics....hey remlapr if yiu found out what the names are of the places tell me please i live like 1 hour from muncie thanks

bone705
11-07-2003, 06:04 AM
hows silverlake compare to the badlands?

Yamaha_Rider
11-07-2003, 06:10 AM
well i have been to the badland twice and the dunes once but my favorite trip was the dunes....it was mainly the ppl we went with...if you like trail riding then badlands is the way to go...if you like high speed racing dunes is the way to go...make sure to go to the dunes with lots off ppl its alot funnier later

briantrx
11-07-2003, 11:13 AM
i love the dunes at silver lake because there are so many people there and it is a clean place to ride, and you can do alot of water crossing, the badlands are fun too just alot muddier.
also go here it lists all the "legal" places to ride in indiana

http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/

perry
11-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Wow Yamaha_Rider, if you are a part of that organization that got the No Liability law passed then I owe you my thanks. Thats really impressive. I hope I make it to Silver Lake next spring.

All this time, I thought it was called Crystal Lake, but thats where Jason was from, wasnt it :)