PDA

View Full Version : Something New , Something Better The NQRA

RURacing
11-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Official Press Release

November 5, 2003
Winston-Salem, NC

NQRA is happy and excited to announce their 2004 US ATV National Championship Schedule. The NQRA will make history in the world of ATV racing with 2004’s first two rounds being held during DAYTONA’S BIKE WEEK the last weekend of February 2004. This will be followed by a round at one of the premier MX tracks in the country. These rounds will be joined in 2004 by some of the most beautiful, world class facilities in the this country. Some of these races will include the only ATV beach race in the United States, and then followed by the biggest ATV race weekend ever.

At this time we are still in negotiations with several national companies for the title sponsorship. We will officially be releasing all the details of the sponsors, points structure, rules, and pro purse points fund on December 15th.

Here’s your chance to make a change in ATV racing as a very well trained and prepared staff will use the 2004 schedule to set the new standard in our sport. “NQRA will put the fun back in racing ATVs again, something that’s been missing for the last several years” says NQRA president Randy Dinkins. “We will be pushing hard for participation in the youth classes and rewarding the amateurs. In the NQRA, the members, the riders, own the association. Here, the riders make the decisions, not the promoters and OEMs. We’re here for the riders and their happiness is what it’s all about!” says Dinkins.

NQRA will be running a total of 10 rounds of combined MX and TT racing, along with 3 championship rounds of Drag racing at selected events. We will be crowning national champions in all classes in MX, TT, and Drag racing. Along with the individual class champions, we will crown a combined champion for the MX and TT, with the major recognition and awards going to the combined champion.

Please see below the tentative schedule and visit the websites wherever possible. We hope to see you at the races. Be sure and visit www.********.com for more information and to see more, or visit the NQRA website at www.nqra.org for photos from our first year. Just remember, the photos you see are only a warm up, we can’t wait to see you in Florida. If you want a schedule sent directly to you go to our website and enter the contact area to email us your address.

February 27–29* Motocross World Orlando, FL MX & TT
www.motocrossworld.net
March 12–14* Monster Mountain Montgomery, AL MX & Drag
www.monstermountain.com
April 24–25* Triple C Raceway Wilson, NC TT

May 1–2* VA Beach Xtreme Weekend VA Beach, VA MX & Drag
www.nqra.org
June 12–14* Capital City Speedway Richmond, VA TT

July 16–18* Rausch Creek MX Tremont, PA MX

August 21–22* Potomac Speedway Budds Creek, MD TT
www.potomacspeedway.com
September 3–6 Georgia Motorplex (Aonia Pass) Washington, GA MX/TT/Drag
www.aoniapass.com

US ATV National Championship Finals
For all 3 divisions

PLUS – ATV Freestyle. Giant ATV Expo, Cross Country Race, Short Track Race, ATV Supercross Race, Hillclimb, MX & TT Riding Schools, Pit Bike race, Pit Stop Challenge, Utility Quad Challenge, Tag Team Race, Wheelie Contest, & more.

• = Qualifying Round for the 2004 US National Championship Finals
Top 3 (non qualified) finishers automatically qualify for the heat races for the Finals to be held Labor Day Weekend in Washington. GA

Let me know what you think!

hareracer
11-05-2003, 11:53 PM
Sounds cool.

416exguy
11-06-2003, 10:19 AM
It's about d*mn time!!!!!!!!

MXQUAD294
11-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 416exguy
It's about d*mn time!!!!!!!!

It's about time for what.... another east coast racing series!

416exguy
11-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Well, it seems to me, anything that can give atv racing more exposure is about time! Pardon me for being excited for the growing of OUR sport!:grr:

MXQUAD294
11-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Sorry! I agree the sport does need to grow. However I think its being done in a not so healthy manner. Alot of the east coast GNCers(which does make up the majority of those who attend the nationals) pitched a huge fit when they found out about the Glen Helen race. But instead of sucking it up or getting over it, they go out and start an entirely new "national" series(which is still in the eastern US- how convenient). This new series is stating that they will have several national sponsers, amateur rewards, etc etc. Personally, I think all this will do is cause a competition for riders for each sanctioning organization (ATVA & NQRA). Race schedules will probably conflict between the two so a rider will have to choose one or the other if they are looking for a class title. Event sponsers will have to choose which event to give their money too, or if they should just give a little bit to each. To get the sport to truely grow, we need an east, west, and central division and at the end of the year have a no holds barred National championship event. That is why I think two east coast based "National" series will do more harm than good. Its just my opinion, I'm not slamming the NQRA series, but if they are saying it is a national series, then they need to make it a national series.

AtvMxRider
11-06-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by MXQUAD294
Sorry! I agree the sport does need to grow. However I think its being done in a not so healthy manner. Alot of the east coast GNCers(which does make up the majority of those who attend the nationals) pitched a huge fit when they found out about the Glen Helen race. But instead of sucking it up or getting over it, they go out and start an entirely new "national" series(which is still in the eastern US- how convenient). This new series is stating that they will have several national sponsers, amateur rewards, etc etc. Personally, I think all this will do is cause a competition for riders for each sanctioning organization (ATVA & NQRA). Race schedules will probably conflict between the two so a rider will have to choose one or the other if they are looking for a class title. Event sponsers will have to choose which event to give their money too, or if they should just give a little bit to each. To get the sport to truely grow, we need an east, west, and central division and at the end of the year have a no holds barred National championship event. That is why I think two east coast based "National" series will do more harm than good. Its just my opinion, I'm not slamming the NQRA series, but if they are saying it is a national series, then they need to make it a national series.

The NQRA is not a new series. It has been around for a few years

MXQUAD294
11-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
The NQRA is not a new series. It has been around for a few years

Never said it was... I said they were starting a new "national" series.

AtvMxRider
11-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by MXQUAD294
Never said it was... I said they were starting a new "national" series.

Yes you did. My bad:o :)

MXQUAD294
11-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Yes you did. My bad:o :)

No problem. Occasionally I get a wee bit wordy:blah:

RURacing
11-06-2003, 09:04 PM
Hey Let me give you a heads up to what is going to happen. The plan is if we get the support in 2004 to carry this race series across the 48 continental states,(at least one in every state) These are going to be qulifiers for A final round HOPFULLY in Las Vegas! This is a race series created by racers for racers for example Randy Dinkins (President) Quad #7, Billy Spruill (Vice President) #238 & Owner of a ATV Race Shop. We are just like you, we love the sport!
The reason I have put this in the forums is to get your feed back I want to hear what you think and I want to know how to make you happy!

400exmom
11-07-2003, 04:00 AM
more race stuff~ ill be there when it comes around ill.

MXQUAD294
11-07-2003, 09:36 AM
The 48 states thing sounds great. But why not have the final race in a more centrally located area than Las Vegas. Maybe Oklahoma City, St. Louis, etc. The Las Vegas thing would probably cause another up roar as did the Glen Helen race. Again just my opinion.

OCCRA288
11-07-2003, 11:22 AM
If you have one in Oklahoma you'll prolly have to have it in Tulsa
X-termeworld is the Most Quad Friendly track I have heard about so far. There are several other tracks in Southern OK that race quads as well. Cooperland doesn't allow quads most of the time just for a few races. I haven't heard of any of the OKC tracks allowing quads either.

Maybe have the series Final in the most central Location possible.

RURacing
11-07-2003, 01:09 PM
The reason for Vegas is, 1) it is going to be a long weekend so why not have it in Vegas? 2) It is far for me too I am in NC but it is Vegas where else can you seat 40,000 people and get it telivised easily? 3) Alot of motorsports end in Vegas, well the big ones so why do we want to try to stay small? The biggest reason I guess is to put it in a resort city with lots of people to get as much exposer as possible. SuperCross ends in Vagas and it is an honor to qualify and out of 350 people 348 showed up. Vegas would really help the sport grow and be noticed, besides you only have to run 2 races a year, 1 Qualifier and Vegas.

modracer5
11-08-2003, 06:30 PM
I raced with Randy and the NQRA last year and really enjoyed it. I will be back in 2004 as well. I am glad to see that we have some better tracks to run this year and am looking forward to racing on the beach. With the new tracks i think you guys are on the right track.

Out_Sider
06-02-2004, 10:31 PM
race mx at Aonia pass june 12th...www.aonia-pass-mx.com