PDA

View Full Version : mx or tt???

yzquadracer
11-05-2003, 09:43 PM
hey guys. iv been racing tt for over 5 years now and had alot of people asking me to change to mx. i curious as to what the differences would be in this. i know the obvious, need suspension and such. but as for wear and tear. what will i be getting myself into? should i make the transition or stick with tt. thanks for all yur opinions.

Narly R
11-05-2003, 10:05 PM
I think it would be eiser to go from TT from MX, because most MXers do it. I think the biggest differnt will be the ridding style. MX is a harder IMO, because of ovios reasons, like jumping and what not, but being comfortable on the air is the biggest part. Just go out and practice a few times, and see what ya think of it...

Diedrich
11-05-2003, 10:30 PM
i race both..i think they're both really fun..alot alike and alot different

JTRtrx250r
11-06-2003, 12:01 AM
TT is a bit harder on the motor while MX is harder on the rest haha,most ppl I know that went from TT to MX thought MX was funner...,I have done both and for me MX is what I like best,give it a shot,you might be glad you did;) as much as I like MX...I sure dig the looks of a slammed quad too haha

dirtmomma
11-06-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
TT is a bit harder on the motor while MX is harder on the rest haha,most ppl I know that went from TT to MX thought MX was funner...,I have done both and for me MX is what I like best,give it a shot,you might be glad you did;) as much as I like MX...I sure dig the looks of a slammed quad too haha

I do both also, well I flattrack & do rough scrambles(some good sized jumps) I prefer flattrack cuz I have a wierd fear of big air & landing on someone or someone landing on me:huh :confused: :rolleyes: don't know where I got that from I'm a little wierd. But I do want to get over that one day guess I'll just have to keep practicing!!!

OH YES THERE IS NOTHING MORE BEAUTIFUL OF A SLAMMED QUAD:D :D :D

11-06-2003, 08:03 AM
Stick to what youre best at

TRXMaddness
11-06-2003, 08:08 AM
I do both myself. I like to practice MX more than racing it though. Someone told me once before that racing TT will make you better at MX because you learn how to turn better and faster. I have found this to be very true.

JTRtrx250r
11-06-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by TRXMaddness
I do both myself. I like to practice MX more than racing it though. LOL..I hear ya there,part of it for me is not have the suspension in the heat of the battle,seems as soon as you get tired of seeing stuff collecting dust and sell it off...you find yourself regretting it and wish you didnt:rolleyes:

Dirtmomma...I know how you feel about the fear of someone landing on ya,I have always tried my best NOT to ride over my head...unlike some of the noobs around here..and thats usually how someone gets munched:D