PDA

View Full Version : flying dutchman sunday

ex kid
11-05-2003, 05:13 PM
anybody going????

Derno24
11-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Me, Me I'll be there. You gonna make more than a lap at the race this week??:blah:

ex kid
11-06-2003, 07:39 AM
i hope so smartazz. ill be callin u prob tonight, somthing came up last night.

Derno24
11-06-2003, 09:52 AM
No problem...If you need em I may have a set for you to use at the race. How do you like Kenda's?

jlhughes750
11-06-2003, 11:40 AM
hey KID!!! yeah Derno,U,Me and the other 2 people on here who know what your talkin bout are going!!!!!!

what the KID means is:

Sunday Nov. 9th in Pine Grove Pa. off I81 south of the Rausch Creek exit.

The Flying Dutchmen MX park is on rt. 895 outside of Pine Grove.

4-5 mile laps on a flat MX style course. ATV's start @10:30 am and race for 1.5 hours.

good payout in the A classes and Vet classes$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

great track for first timers, real easy to get around, no major hills or water crossings..... for the fast guys... this place is a speedway, bermed turns, bluegrooved switchbacks, throttle control track, no time to rest, 100% white knuckle track, always cranking flag to flag!!!!!!!!
Borich,HertzRacing,Lucas,Stone,Krachun,Smiley,Lagz din,Neidlinger, Rothermel, maybe even our own EXriders Administrator?????

ex kid
11-06-2003, 01:22 PM
never used them ron...J i needa bum the roll off door 1 more time. i orderd another pair of goggles but they are backorderd.

Derno24
11-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Jl: Nothing like having a pro show the kid how to make a post. Our exadmin won't be racing he said his bike is down for the season. Hopefully he will come again and take pictures. That was cool.

EXKID: Give me a call and I will explain and see what you want to do.

jja125
11-06-2003, 03:34 PM
me and a buddy of mine might go - theres a local HS up in Butler, PA at switchback we were going to go to on Sunday, but i might talk him into going to this one.

How far is the track from like the turnpike in Harrisburg?

and how much of the track is MX?

jja125
11-06-2003, 03:35 PM
hey also is this the track that i heard of that has a bar too??:D

Derno24
11-06-2003, 03:37 PM
I think it about an hour up 81 and yes there is a bar there.

jlhughes750
11-06-2003, 05:35 PM
not quite an hour..... and yes a bar!!!!!

can u say Yuengling??????????

Derno24
11-06-2003, 05:38 PM
J I just might have to get a beer this sunday. Drinks on me. Not literally.:devil: :eek2: :eek2:

jja125
11-07-2003, 06:43 AM
that sounds like a cool track but its like a 4hr drive for me :grr:

i was going to race there earlier in the year but never made it.

seatec
11-07-2003, 06:52 AM
wow, i never knew there was a mx track south of Rausch Creek. do they have a website. would really love to ride in that race. is it D7 or D6? im D7 bu wouldnt mind paying for extra D6. AMA race?
Not to many jumps i hope cause im a rooky mx'er.

Derno24
11-07-2003, 07:19 AM
They run MX's races there, but this is a harescramble this sunday. I am not sure about a web site for them, but www.amadistrict6.com should have a link if there is one. The jumps for this weekend aren't that bad. I am not a good jumper and I kinda like the jumps on this track. The race is Dist 6, but dist. 7 people race there too. I don't think there is an extra charge unless you want to go into the points race for the season.

seatec
11-07-2003, 08:06 AM
thanx fort the good info

Derno24
11-07-2003, 09:22 AM
Seatec: So are you going or what???

seatec
11-07-2003, 10:35 AM
i am more than tempted but dont wanna go up there by myself, (am very insceure. NOT). I check with my buddies and see. will post here later.

blaster2000
11-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Yo derno24 is that you bidding on that new cannibal on ebay i just saw that i might have to out bid you if it is you... how come u left joe today with no rims?!?!?!? just kiddin what was up with your z right before the race was startin i saw you rippin the plactic off?

LATER,Rob

Derno24
11-09-2003, 04:59 PM
I wound up having some technical difficulties with the Z flooded the carb. My dale was having a rich problem and I didn't have my software. BAAADDD DAY

Derno24
11-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Anyone know what happened to Chris Borich. I saw his quad going back to the trailer with a dented bumper and no Chris. This would have been on the 2nd lap.

Today was horrible for me.

Blaster2000 I pmed you.

Joe Sorry about the rims I was aggravated and left early. I didn't even realize I forgot to give you the rims until I was almost home.

blastinroost
11-09-2003, 05:54 PM
i heard borich hit a tire that was on the outline of the track and he rolled it like 3 times i think he got pretty messed up i am not sure tho so they left early
that sucks *****

ex kid
11-10-2003, 08:07 AM
there were alot of crashes yesterday. right on the first turn in my class 4 guys got tangled up and then the leader hit the first ditch next to the double and went down really hard. i ran a my blaster today instead of the honda. it worked well considering i only had about an hour of riding time on it. our class battled all day and myself and two other riders got caught behind a 4 stroke B rider who would not move the entire first lap and wich let the leader of our class get ahead. i think finished 3rd in 0-230 i had to leave pretty quick after the race for a party.

ron i saw u at your truck when i was riding over to the line. ill get the wheels somtime. did you guys manage to get any pictures?

any word on chris borich?

J what place did u end up?

Admin
11-10-2003, 08:44 AM
Chris Borich is OK, but badly bruised, battered, and stitched up.

Chris hit a patch of ice at the end of a straight away and he went sideways. The tires grabbed and flipped the quad and threw chris to the ground. Luckily the quad missed him and flipped several times doing fair amount of damage.

Chris landed on his elbows and a rock took a chunck out of his arm which required stitches. He also was bruised up pretty good, and he actually was extremely lucky that he didn't get hurt worse.

He should be good to go in a few days.

Derno24
11-10-2003, 09:02 AM
I am glad to hear it wasn't that serious. As far as the track. I watched the first 2 laps and then called it a day. A lot of people were pulling off for one reason or another. There weren't alot of crashes, but about 1/3 of each class was already gone.

jlhughes750
11-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Chris went down pretty hard, probably one of the fastest parts of the track.. first lap it was ok cause of all the dirt on the track, then on lap 2 its was glazed over from all the traffic. He was leading so he was the first to hit it at speed on lap 2. I hit it and thought my tire came off the bead, it did not look slippery at all...

Needless to say, i hope Chris is feeling better soon, maybe he'll get on here and give us an update????

Side Note: Backwards at the Dman rules, but we need more room at the start, move us back farther or something...running the track backwards is cool but the starts are dangerous that way...

I had to stop and do some filter maintnence after 2 laps, but i got back out and finished 5th overall. there were 17 A racers all together, we all started on the same line..:eek:

Admin
11-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Congrats Jhughes!

You are really stepping it up, so I better keep in shape for when I get to race again.

Pappy
11-10-2003, 12:06 PM
get better soon chris:)

ex kid
11-10-2003, 01:32 PM
running the track backwards was weird on the first two laps for me but then i got the hang of it and it was pretty cool. the ice on the straight-a-way by the creek was no good. i just didnt like the jumps backwards and the back straights were whooped out from going the other way on previous races.

as far as crashes, i saw alot of wood taken out of the trees as well as alot of track markers taken out like tires and rope. you need good throttle,brake and clutch control on a track like that.

anyone have any good battles? alot of my class ran together until the 3rd lap.

THE START WAS A FREAKIN CATTLE SHOOT!

J do u know if i got third? i had to go.

Chris Borich
11-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Hey guys this is Chris Thanks for asking how I'm doin. I'm doin pretty good. No broken bones just a hole in my arm that needed stitches. In a couple days I'll be back on the quad. Thanks again:)

Derno24
11-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Chris glad to hear your doing ok.

blastinroost
11-11-2003, 05:12 AM
man you had a bad fall glad to hear that you are ok and will be rippen it up soon