PDA

View Full Version : New Plan!!!!

Out_Sider
11-05-2003, 05:11 PM
aight, instead of splitting my cases..i thought i could just take both side covers off, open the oil drain hole, and pour diesel fuel down, and maybe that will get the pieces out...i really dont want to split the cases....plzz tell me this will work

310Rduner
11-05-2003, 05:21 PM
i don't know, I would want to be sure and split the cases. Anything that went in there could get tossed around and possibly catch on the lip of a gear or anything like that. I don't see how it would be possible to be 100% sure without splitting the cases open.

Out_Sider
11-05-2003, 05:25 PM
well....the pieces arent very big...but i kinda see where your coming from...but i have the 330 sleeve in my cylinder right now...and the anticipation is really high...and if we split the cases...its gonna take a long time:( , but i wont be riding very long if a piece of sleeve messes something up...so we will more than likely just do that first, then if we are unsure if everything got out..then we will split the cases

Diedrich
11-05-2003, 09:27 PM
i had a 330 sleever break and pieces of it go into my bottomend before..we took the sidecases of and flushed it out like you said..we did it atleast 20-25 times..i really didnt wanna split the cases so we just put it back together..that was probably a bad call but nothing went wrong..i had it for about another 6 months before i got a new motor..but i would split the cases if i were you

stupid driver
11-06-2003, 05:52 AM
do it right the first time. Split the cases. it may seem like it is gonna take longer, but would it seem like so long if you didnt split the cases, and a piece of metal fcked up your motor.