PDA

View Full Version : alumiumn air box

glamisjim
11-05-2003, 03:37 PM
can anyone help me in installing an aluminum air box on me 400EX?
also i can't seem to get the forum search to work if i put in "aluminum air box"

AtvMxRider
11-05-2003, 04:04 PM
What do you want to know about them?

EvilJester400EX
11-05-2003, 04:38 PM
Better flow, more strength, some relocate the battery. I think the price is in the 189-300 dollar range (not sure though).

KAWSAM62
11-06-2003, 11:23 AM
WHATS THE QUESTION?:cool:

glamisjim
11-06-2003, 11:42 AM
can you help me in installing an aluminum air box on me 400EX?
Do you have any good pictures of the install? also i can't seem to get the forum search to work if i put in "aluminum air box"

44oEX
11-06-2003, 12:07 PM
You just take the old one out and put the new one in there is 1 bolt and two clamps (not to be rude but what don't you get in installing a air box is the easiest thing after the rear fender ( only a clip)

glamisjim
11-06-2003, 12:12 PM
the biggest thing i think is the air boot and what did you do with that. did you buy a rubber tube or cut the stock one? how did you seal it around the box? there are some wire issues on the postive side that i am not sure what to do with. just questionable things like that. any good close up pictures is what i am really looking for.

44oEX
11-06-2003, 12:38 PM
For the wirering you are going to make a hole or run it out the snorkel and for the boot wont the stoke one fit? If not just try too make it fit.

y2k400ex
11-06-2003, 03:21 PM
theres some good deals on Ebay also :D

Giz400ex
11-06-2003, 04:09 PM
I cut the snorkel part of it, and for the wires, there should be a hole drill out for the wires if not then you might have to make one! What kind of airbox is it?

bmw500hp
11-06-2003, 09:53 PM
See your still trying to get down to some problems with that install.....

If I am not mistaken,,,, project 400ex, the bike that represents this site has an aluminum airbox. I don't know who's got that quad right now but they could take a look at it for you and might could answer your questions. Try asking "Pappy" about it first. If he's not familiar with that particular quad, he's probably seen enough of them to give you some tips...good luck

Pappy
11-07-2003, 05:29 AM
i ran a cfm box. everything installed perfectly and the airboot made a tight seal. there is already holes and rubber grommets in the cfm box so installation was very easy.

if you have been told to modify ANY part of your airboot ....take a dump in the airbox because you shouldnt have to. you might as well get the chit in there and save some time:(

Giz400ex
11-07-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i ran a cfm box. everything installed perfectly and the airboot made a tight seal. there is already holes and rubber grommets in the cfm box so installation was very easy.

if you have been told to modify ANY part of your airboot ....take a dump in the airbox because you shouldnt have to. you might as well get the chit in there and save some time:( I ran the Pingry and I had to modify the airboot. CFM, which I have now doesn't require anything to be remove. So as far as I know, Pretty much all that I've seen, the only place that makes an airbox and doesn't require a removal of anything is CFM. Any other, you WILL have to modify your airboot. Removing the snorkel part is not a bad thing!:D The only reason I switched was because I wanted a lid, which I cannot use anyways. But, by far the CFM is probably one of the best alum. airbox's out there.

CUZ'n
11-07-2003, 07:01 AM
i makn slappy aiboxx from beer kans...sombeech be badazz:macho

k2-dawg
11-07-2003, 07:40 AM
i thought you were makin' him a new plastic one from your tampooons....