PDA

View Full Version : Need help I am working on EX right now please help fast

02-09-2002, 04:21 PM
I have a new swing arm its a lone star with and 2+2 durablue axle and lonestar carrier......We have it all togather and we put new pads on the breaks but now the breaks are locking up its as if somthing isnt lines up please help me out fast give me some suggestions or somthing

400exredrider
02-09-2002, 04:27 PM
is the brake cable tight the brake cable may be too tight and all u hafta do is loosten it thats all if thats it i hope it helps!

02-09-2002, 04:28 PM
The axle also seems to be spinning choppie like it has a tight resistance to it.....it turns ok and stright but its got like a rolling feel...with some resistance

02-09-2002, 04:30 PM
the break caliper is fine its when you tighten the break caliper to the roater is when it seezes up. like somthing isnt lined up

400exredrider
02-09-2002, 04:32 PM
umm i think thats normal because of the chain its always gonna have a lil resistance but if it has a lot it still may be the brakes ......check to see if ur brake pads are in straight or see if the brake rotor is bent!

02-09-2002, 04:44 PM
rotar is alright its not bad at all.:D .......But when you tighten the lock nut and tighten the caliper to a good tightness the breaks lock up.its almost as if it has to be centerd with the rotar again to work correctly.....its either to tight or not tight enough....I am really not sure and i need help.

02-09-2002, 06:02 PM
I don't know if this will work, especially since you didn't but new rear brakes on, but I think it is worth a try:

1) Clean all the dirt off and around the rear brake resevoir lid.

2) Remove the rear brake resevoir lid.

3) Check rotation..... ok???? If so, you had too much brake fluid in the resevoir. If this doen't help or make sense, sorry bud. I don't know what else it could be.

Good luck!!

02-09-2002, 07:01 PM
it sounds more like his disk is being pushed in to the inside pad when he tightens the axle down. greese your caliper pins and check to make sure the brake mounts are on right

QuadRacer041
02-10-2002, 04:58 AM
i agree grease the caliper pins, also check the caliper mounting plate which mounts to the swingarm with the big c clip, it has an elongated hole in the front, make sure that is lubed up too.