PDA

View Full Version : Zps Ssd ????

motoboy66
11-05-2003, 12:00 AM
I was wondering how these would do on an XC setup? I am wondering how they effect ground clearence. Would I do better with regular shocks or would the ZPS set-up do me better. I just got seriouse about XC racing, and am planning on doing a lot next year. I don't want to hurt my ground clearence any. I know you all have the answers.

Thanks
Todd

bradley300
11-05-2003, 08:15 AM
you wont even notice the loss in ground clearance. really the only place you have to ever worry about ground clearance is the rear of the swing arm.

there is a reason every pro rider uses them, they are that good!

Texan32
11-05-2003, 08:34 AM
yep, the single largest killer of ground clearance is the swingarm/swingarm skidplate.
The SSD type setup is CHERRY. The SSD allows about 2 inches of down travel to be stored inside the shock body. So when you hit that "pot hole" or gopher hole or whatever, the shock can extend out 2 inches before the quad frame moves. It really does make it ride MUCH better.

motoboy66
11-05-2003, 08:57 AM
Thanks that is what I was realy wondering about. Now, how well would they work with stock or +1 a-arms? If I get the shocks, i will have to wait a while until I can get the a-arms. And should I go with regular or long travle? I am planning on keeping my EX forever because I wil never get what I have in it right now, so I might as well make it as good as i can.

Thanks
Todd

cdalejef
11-05-2003, 08:57 AM
You got it Tex! ;)