PDA

View Full Version : alxe carrier barrings?

Martin Blair
11-04-2003, 09:19 PM
When shoul;d i replace these, i ahve heard after 100 hours i ahve had my bike for a whole year now and have just done some woods racing and trail riding small j8mps, should i replace these? i check the play and at the tires it has quite a bit of play up and down adn back and fortwh but not a whole lot its just noticable, it a little play normal?

thanks.

Adam F
11-04-2003, 10:23 PM
There's NO play on my bike. I'd say you need to replace the bearings before they let go and tear up everything inside the case. All of my friends who have 300's have chewed up their carriers because of bearings letting go.

11-05-2003, 05:12 AM
yes REPLACE NOW! mine only went about half a inch up & down which may nopt seem like alot but is. it willl soon ruin your carrier, axle, & maybe even your swingarm if you dont fix soon. , i just did mine & it sucks big time. Get the bearings on ebay for super cheap, all you need is the rear axle bearings & 2 dust seals...have fun with this little project :blah:

Martin Blair
11-05-2003, 07:29 PM
ok i will do that now what about the hubs and spidles theres no play in them at all are they fine for next year?

11-05-2003, 07:43 PM
hubs & spindles should be fine unless there is play...there was play in one of my hubs but I retightened that nut & it is fine now;)

Dave400ex
11-06-2003, 08:09 PM
I will also be doing this little project soon. I'm a little afraid what I will find because mine have not been replaced in 2 years. There's really no play though. If there is it's not much.