PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My Yoshi is fubared!

redroost85
11-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Well, I bought a used full Yosh system off a guy, there is a little dent in the muffler part otherwise ok. I finally get the stock schiz off, after a few choice words. Here's my problem. I can't get the head pipe flanges, gaskets thingys to hook up correctly to the four bolts out of the head. I can get one on each, but the other is like a 32nd of an inch off. I have weaseled the pipe everyway I know how but to no avail. Can I just tap them on with a hammer, I don't want to eff the threads though? Is this common with Yoshi systems?

By the way, is is easier to hook up the midpipe at the same time as the header? I got no instructions with this.

Please help! I finally got a pipe for my ride and the SOB won't line up. I'm 'bout ready to start cracking some cold ones. If you need any more info, just let me know. thanks in advance guys!:o

toby400ex
11-04-2003, 05:13 PM
You sure ya got the flanges turned the right way, i dont know if the flanges are welded to yoshis pipes or i they are just on there like stock, cuz on stock they can be upside down and do what u describe.:confused:

Kawboyz beware
11-04-2003, 07:03 PM
had the same problem when i put the same pipe on a customers bike i found the studs to be bent slightly

redroost85
11-05-2003, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! Kawboyz, the longer I looked the more the studs coming out of the head look a little bent. How did you get yours on? I think it will fit, but I don't want to eff anything up.

Toby, the flanges are not welded to the pipe. They are loose and can be flopped around, although it seems to fit one side better than the other.

Please help me get this badboy on! Any safe suggestions, I am going(hopefully) riding on Saturday.:)

Kawboyz beware
11-05-2003, 05:06 PM
went to the local hardware store and got new studs.
or you coulddrill the holes bigger

redroost85
11-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I think I am going to use the Dremel to widen the holes a bit. Hopefully that works. Kawboyz, you wouldn't happen to have any jetting recommendations would you? I have e-mailed the tech guys at Yoshimura over 24 hours ago and still no answer. I have the full system, a K&N with the lid off....what do you think. Anything will help! Thanks again man!:)

Kawboyz beware
11-06-2003, 03:34 PM
He was running the same setup with a Dynojet kit and I believe we put in a 165