PDA

View Full Version : Drag race results with new HMF

REDRULES
11-04-2003, 12:56 PM
OK, the only other bike I had ever raced was another 400ex (both stock)we ran three times, and all three I won by about 2 bike lengths(the distanvce was approx. 300 FT.) This last weekend I went to a riding place and got to race some other bikes with my new HMF slipon that I have had about a month.

Here are the results:

Z400- raced two times and beat him both times, one bike length one time and 2-3 lengths the other.

Z400- a different guy on another Z400-two more time, about the same as above

YFZ450- he got me on the start and never looked back, it was bad, probably 6 bike lengths....man that thing can get off the line

Scrambler 500- this thing was moddified, the fasted one I have seen. We raced two times, he won the first race by a 1/2 bike length, and I won the second race by about a 1/2 bike length.

Pipped banshee- 2 times, even from the start, then slowly pulled away, he won by about 4-5 lengths

Stock Banshee- I raced this banshee probably 8 times vs. 3 different riders each time I would get the jump and be ahead the whole race, I won probably 4 of them with it coming even with my rear bumper right at the end of the race. The other 4 we were even at the finish or it would be slightly ahead

All of the above is recalled to the best of my knowledge. MY purpose for sharing this information? I am very impressed with the performance of the HMF Pipe and the 400ex really is an impressive bike.....I don't care what anyone says.

Share some of your results......I really didn't think it would have beaten the 2 stock z-400's, not mention hang with that stock banshee.

O WELL I AM DONE.

ny300exrider
11-04-2003, 12:59 PM
thanks alot for that review, that helped me alot for my decsion on a pipe when i get one.

11-04-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by REDRULES

YFZ450- he got me on the start and never looked back, it was bad, probably 6 bike lengths....man that thing can get off the line

LMFAO,, at least you didn't tell us it was close or some other BS that were used to hearing..:devil:

2001400ex
11-04-2003, 02:25 PM
So far I'm 1 for 1. Smoked a Warrior from like fourth gear when I should've been in third but didn't have time to downshift then shift back up to fourth. Mine was bone stock, he has a Yoshi slip-on or a full system not sure, but I do know he has a Yoshi.

With my HMF I haven't raced anything yet, but I really can't wait to race some people with it to see how I do!

zlam27
11-04-2003, 04:42 PM
you beat a piped banshee but not the stock one????

im not saying its not possible but somethin musta been wrong if you were beating banshees. how far were you draggin? maybe they were tuned right. i owned a banshee before my 400ex, and that would walk all over the 400. anyway, sounds like you like the pipe. i have a friend thats gettin one. i have a T-4, i think i might try an LRD next.

zach

hawiianpwr
11-04-2003, 07:06 PM
What were you racing on? That makes a huge difference too.

REDRULES
11-04-2003, 08:06 PM
My Mistake......The pipped banshee beat me, I must have had a slight slip of the finger or something with the keyboard.

It was the stock banshee That I raced that many times and and the good success.

I changed the above post and corrected my wording.

harebounder
11-04-2003, 08:28 PM
I am sorry but i had a 92 banshee that was all stock that i bought brand new, and i got my 2001 400ex with k@n with a white brothers exhaust. That stock banshee would smoke my 400 all day long guaranteed. What i want these mags to do is stop all this shootout stuff and have them all line up on pavement and race. Get the tires and traction out of the scenerio. Then you're gonna see what machine are capable of.

markeg192
11-05-2003, 11:40 AM
What i want these mags to do is stop all this shootout stuff and have them all line up on pavement and race. Get the tires and traction out of the scenerio. Then you're gonna see what machine are capable of.

That is a great idea.