PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Cross Country Series

quadman21
11-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Next year will be the second year of the Virginia Cross Country Series. In it's inaugural year it had same pretty low turnouts because no one really knew about it. I just wanted to post on here and give you fellow VA guys a heads up and let you know there is a new XC series in our backyard that is ATVA District 13 sanctioned. I believe the site address is http://www.vxcs.org/

Jaybr
11-04-2003, 05:32 PM
I may give it a try next year. I came to one race this year to pit for a friend on a Cannondale, he won that one.

I've got a second dale now and am setting it up for XC, my Speed is too wide with +3 arms and RPM axle.

gump
11-05-2003, 09:42 AM
hey dude might just check it out... mideast #818 senior

quadman21
11-05-2003, 09:54 AM
The better the turn out for next year, the better contingencies offered to us!

gump
11-05-2003, 10:24 AM
do you drive all the way down here for the mideast races ?? i live about 20 mins from the hickory track, how far would i be driving to the virgina races ?

quadman21
11-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Yeah. I live about 20 minutes from the I-81 and I-77 intersection in Wytheville, VA. It takes me about 2 hours to drive to the Hickory Airport track and maybe 2 1/2 to Uncle lems. I guess I just have gotten used to the drive and don't think about it. As far as how far it is from my house to some of the tracks for the VXCS, I'm thinking less than two hours. So with the exception of one or two races up around the VA Beach area, it would be less than 4 hours for you? With the exception of a couple they had scheduled this year, most were down around martinsville at the Axton MX track (david Bailley's home). I talked with Shon Franklin and Santo a few times about this series. Shon seems enthusiastic about it and santo will come to a few if he can find the time.
I just want to get involved with this series because it's new. I remember when the Mid East was really small and Beth was still in charge. So I think it would be nice to be a part of something from the begining and help buld it. Tim Norris, the promotor, seems to be working hard to get a ot of good atv sponsors lined up for us next year. I will always be loyal and compete the Mid East and I'll stll drive down to the Mid East races like always, but I'm gonna give this Virginia Series and honest go.

Santo DeRisi
11-05-2003, 07:34 PM
I think i will come to some of those and give them a try! I like the Mid East and i will always race that series! I think i am going to try some races in Georgia this December for something to do. I can't stand to sit around and do nothing. hope to see everyone soon!!!

gump
11-05-2003, 10:09 PM
santo where and when ya gonna run in georgia ?? looking for some winter racing myself... just starting to get my endurabce up alittle..

gump
11-05-2003, 10:39 PM
endurance even.. spell like sh#t.... and i have a collage degree.. lol

Santo DeRisi
11-06-2003, 10:50 PM
Check out the website www.durhamtown.com they are getting ready to post their winter schedule! I am going to run a few of those and maybe a Mid South or two.:D

gump
11-07-2003, 12:30 AM
sounds good.. might make one of those.. mid south is a bit to much north and far.. but who knows i might start jonesing and hit them too.. see yall

Wingnut
11-07-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Santo DeRisi
Check out the website www.durhamtown.com they are getting ready to post their winter schedule! I am going to run a few of those and maybe a Mid South or two.:D

Sounds just like my plans!

holeshot19
11-07-2003, 06:48 PM
yall figure it out and let me know maybee i can bum a ride ha ha:grr:

gump
11-07-2003, 10:09 PM
durhamtown sounds like a great place.. look through the whole webpage at all the stuff they have..gonna start making plans to get a ride up for the day after thanksgiving and check it out, and if it's all it seems to be might go back for some racing.. who's in ???????????????????? me my son and my mideast racing partner are there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i'll pick ya up holeshot..

Wingnut
11-08-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by holeshot19
yall figure it out and let me know maybee i can bum a ride ha ha:grr:

Wow, I read that without an interpreter.

wyndzer
11-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by gump
durhamtown sounds like a great place.. look through the whole webpage at all the stuff they have..gonna start making plans to get a ride up for the day after thanksgiving and check it out, and if it's all it seems to be might go back for some racing.. who's in ???????????????????? me my son and my mideast racing partner are there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i'll pick ya up holeshot..

Hey Gump check out www.atvnc.com . A couple of us are going to Durhamtown over Thanksgiving. Look for a 34 foot fifth wheel toy hauler pulled by a Blue Ford. Red Cannondale, blue 400 ex, red 400ex and an puke green and black 250r.

holeshot19
11-16-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Santo DeRisi
Check out the website www.durhamtown.com they are getting ready to post their winter schedule! I am going to run a few of those and maybe a Mid South or two.:D me and wingnut and few of the mideast guys went down there sat and it was awsome, the promoterts of the people that put it on have 8000 acres of land to ride on the race coarse was 9 miles long the closest to a gncc race u r going to get. they even had a drag strip with lights ,mx track for kids and adults.they have trails for kids only this place is awsome:D

gump
11-17-2003, 10:30 AM
sounds like a road trip... what day ??? day after thanksgiving is good for me

Wingnut
11-17-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by holeshot19
me and wingnut and few of the mideast guys went down there sat and it was awsome, the promoterts of the people that put it on have 8000 acres of land to ride on the race coarse was 9 miles long the closest to a gncc race u r going to get. they even had a drag strip with lights ,mx track for kids and adults.they have trails for kids only this place is awsome:D

So, are you going back?:blah: Did Jim ever get his pig?:p

wyndzer
11-17-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by gump
sounds like a road trip... what day ??? day after thanksgiving is good for me

We'll be there Wednesday thru Saturday.

holeshot19
11-17-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut
So, are you going back?:blah: Did Jim ever get his pig?:p yes he did and then some. i didnt get home till afer 12 oclock midnite, they raffeled off those atvs and that dirt bike.