PDA

View Full Version : XC practice?

pineway
11-04-2003, 05:43 AM
next year i plan on runngin in a lot of d6 harescrambles, but i dont wanna go to a race and not be ready for what im going in to. Around where i live there not really any place to ride, so i was wondering what everyone else does to get themselves ready for a race?

400exmom
11-04-2003, 07:17 AM
if you cant get quad time in ride yer bike and then just do it- i didnt know anything about racing 9months ago i just jumped in and now im lookin for a rehab center for racing- im soo addicted to this chit

lshonda310
11-04-2003, 11:05 AM
that's the only riding I get is at a race

jlhughes750
11-04-2003, 11:27 AM
the D6 Harescrambles are great, hope to see u out there next year...

ride as much as possible this winter.... do not just ride, push you self to the edge, try to ride everyweekend hard till u can go for an hour... At night just do a few hundreds jumpin jack to get the heart rate going, and mix it up with some push ups, so u can get a better grip on the bars.... thats it.see u next season..

check out www.amadistrict6.com for schedules....

later, J

BUCK442
11-04-2003, 11:37 AM
I am with Scott the only time I ride is when I race usually. The best thing I found was to ride your bicycle and get you some sort of therapy band or bunji like cord and exercise you arms and your thumb. This will keep you from getting arm pump, which can kill you speed on the course.

Good Luck!

pineway
11-04-2003, 12:11 PM
OK thanks for all the replies. Thanks J for the site.

popo
11-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by lshonda310
that's the only riding I get is at a race

um, excuse me. What was that sound coming from your hotel room in Crawfordsville?

Derno24
11-06-2003, 10:03 AM
Pineway: Langhorne huh? I live in Bensalem. As far as training goes I do anything that works the Cardio. Running, biking, and such. As far as weightlifting I say it can't hurt, but some people claim it gives you arm pump faster. The best thing I realized is that when you go riding go with people faster than yourself. It will only make you ride faster. I now go riding mostly by myself when I am trying things out or training. Hard to get anyone from my area to go to Tower City or Rausch Creek. I usually hit the airport for someplace close to ride.

ex kid
11-06-2003, 01:28 PM
JUST RIDEEEEEEE FASSSSSSSST AND DONT LET OFF THE GAS TILL UR ABOUT TO LOSE IT!!!!! THEN U CAN USE A LITTLE BRAKE!!!

seriously, run a little, do some push ups, and just get out on the bike as much as possible, im in Pa i know its cold and ur balls feel like they gonna fall off but if u wanna get faster u havta ride.

BTW
never listen to anything DERNO24 says:blah:

Derno24
11-06-2003, 01:31 PM
Listen there buddy (ex kid) . When you get further than one lap then we can talk.:D :D

Another training technique don't drink heavily the night before a race the hang-over is brutal.:devil:

Ryan
11-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Can anyone tell me about how far away those races are from me. Im about 15 minutes to the border of PA.

I live near Middletown, Ny..... Sussux, NJ....... Vernon, NJ...... Are you guys anywhere near these places?

Thanks....

Edit..... Nevermind, I just checked on Map Quest..... 160miles, about 2 1/2 hours to get there.

Anyone know if there is a closer series near me?

WOOLIN
11-06-2003, 02:39 PM
mountain biking will really help endurance

Derno24
11-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Can anyone tell me about how far away those races are from me. Im about 15 minutes to the border of PA.

I live near Middletown, Ny..... Sussux, NJ....... Vernon, NJ...... Are you guys anywhere near these places?

Thanks....

Edit..... Nevermind, I just checked on Map Quest..... 160miles, about 2 1/2 hours to get there.

Not really. I have to drive 2 hours or more to every race.

Ryan
11-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
Not really. I have to drive 2 hours or more to every race.

Its looking the same way for me :mad: .

pineway
11-06-2003, 05:27 PM
Derno where at in bensalem? yeah it really is a b!tch to get to places to ride. I ride at these railroad tracks by me sometimes but railway cops have been there lately so i dont really feel like running.

trx400ex
11-06-2003, 05:29 PM
your lucky to have races that close....

Derno24
11-06-2003, 05:37 PM
Pineway: By rt 13 and Bensalem Blvd. If you ever want to try the airport let me know there is always enough room in my trailer for another quad. I usually head up to Tower City or I go to the races just about every Sunday. There are 3 more races this year all on sundays.

Martin Blair
11-08-2003, 08:34 PM
just go ride, i went races a few hairscrambles this year and theya re great best thing is to make sure you get a practice lap or walk the corse, and just go out and ride some trails and push yourself, i thought i was goign to suck but i finished 7th in class, on the same lap as the leaders, and came home with a throupy.

and i have to drive soemtimes 4-6 hours to get to a noon race to get there at 9 for reg and pratice lap i have to leave sometimes at 3-4 in the morning, and ym paretns dont reall like that but as long as im racing they support me

TJL
11-09-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Ryan

Thanks....

check out www.wnyoa.net thats a new york series