PDA

View Full Version : 450r or yfz450

Trx450rr
11-03-2003, 09:46 PM
My body the one who was putting together his r just decided he was going to get a four stroke. We're not really for sure if to wait for the new 450r or just to go ahead wit hthe new yfz cause my other buddy has one and that thing i must say RIPS! But the reliability is an issue yamha isn't known for breaking nor is known to stay together. I know this is a honda page but please try to be unbias. Just shoot me what you think by speaks alone since the new trx isn't yet (i know someone has one come on blurt something out!). So any help is appreciated

Thanks
john

Quadaholic
11-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Really depends on whether or not you want electric start. Other than that its back to the same red vs. blue story. When the shootouts actually start one may shine over the other. But my bet is not by much. I am biased to the red team and the 450r has been in development for 2 years... rumors say it was ready last year, but Honda wasn't satisfied with the reliability. Hope my 2 cents helps.:)

Matt756
11-04-2003, 02:02 PM
i would go with the 450r its kick start i think that is more sportier that electric start my dad has owned plenty of hondas and they always lasted him a long time i dont like the look of the yzf but thats my opinion

pnut420
11-04-2003, 02:16 PM
Since he had an R before, might as well go with the 450r. The 250r didnt have electric start and all that, so he should be happy with the 450r

Steve-o 400EX
11-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Yea it is back to the red vs. blue story again. I have heard great things about the yzf but again I am still a honda man and I would say go with the R. I like its looks and Honda Is always got their reliability reputation on their side. ;)

speedy
11-05-2003, 12:20 PM
My buddy bought his yfz about a month ago and the chain adjuster broke for no reason and his plastic is strating to come loose and shake alot:grr:

YZROOSTINYA
11-05-2003, 12:44 PM
my plastic comes loose and shakes alot too. I better sell my quad right now:rolleyes:

My quad vibrates more than any quad I have ever ridden.

The YFZ WILL be faster. It has more compression, a better carb and is lighter(drop the electric).

The TRX450 will be a sweet quad BUT it is not up to par(performance wise) with the YFZ.

They both can be modded up nice so if you plan on dumping cash into it then buy what color you like better.

Buy what fits you better.

Hondas break too, they just dont tell you about it:blah:

11-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by speedy
My buddy bought his yfz about a month ago and the chain adjuster broke for no reason and his plastic is strating to come loose and shake alot:grr: my yfz is a little over a month old, and im having no problems what so ever....my plastic is not rattling.....and my chain adjuster is fine......the yfz is the best stock quad...nuff said

jb500ex
11-05-2003, 03:35 PM
in the dirt bike world the crf are no doubt better. so in the quad world if you do similiar mods should be better.

flyin#5
11-05-2003, 03:39 PM
i think we should stop the stupid comparisons between the two. wait a couple months till the honda comes out then see!

11-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
in the dirt bike world the crf are no doubt better. so in the quad world if you do similiar mods should be better. no, the crf motor is 4 valves 2 of wich are steel...kick start...one cam....no oil rezzt....YFZ motor has 5 TITANIUM valves....electric start...oil rezzy....2 cams....and weighs the same as the trx..you do the math

hondafox440
11-05-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
no, the crf motor is 4 valves 2 of wich are steel...kick start...one cam....no oil rezzt....YFZ motor has 5 TITANIUM valves....electric start...oil rezzy....2 cams....and weighs the same as the trx..you do the math

You're pretty naive. Read some reviews and ride the 2. The CRF IS a better motor than the YZF.

11-05-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
You're pretty naive. Read some reviews and ride the 2. The CRF IS a better motor than the YZF. not in a quad...and ill stick with my yfz:o

nacs400ex
11-05-2003, 04:15 PM
not in a quad...and ill stick with my yfz:o

How do you know? Have you ridden the trx450r, no thats what I thought. I aint puttin down the yfz, cause they are awesome bikes. But the crf450 is the best 4-stroke dirtbike, why would it be that much different. I suppose they did change a few things though. oh well. I have no idea what I would buy.

11-05-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
How do you know? Have you ridden the trx450r, no thats what I thought. I aint puttin down the yfz, cause they are awesome bikes. But the crf450 is the best 4-stroke dirtbike, why would it be that much different. I suppose they did change a few things though. oh well. I have no idea what I would buy. im confident in my choice:o

YZROOSTINYA
11-06-2003, 09:35 AM
were not talking about dirtbikes here folks, remember.

The crf and the Yz450f are comparable bikes.

the yfz is more of a revver and the crf is more of a lugger.

Did you watch the yfz hanging with ricky in the des nations?

450f versus cr 250. Luckily Ricky is absolutley amazing on a bike and took the win.

How is the crf a better bike?

stock to stock the yfz will outperform the trx 450. mods have no meaning here.

both quads are going to be sweet. the trx will be underpowered in ST%OCK form compared to the YFZ.

RiPPiNiTuP7
11-06-2003, 09:39 AM
the yfz is the best stock quad...nuff said

Steve-o 400EX
11-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by YZROOSTINYA
were not talking about dirtbikes here folks, remember.

The crf and the Yz450f are comparable bikes.

the yfz is more of a revver and the crf is more of a lugger.

Did you watch the yfz hanging with ricky in the des nations?

450f versus cr 250. Luckily Ricky is absolutley amazing on a bike and took the win.

How is the crf a better bike?

stock to stock the yfz will outperform the trx 450. mods have no meaning here.

both quads are going to be sweet. the trx will be underpowered in ST%OCK form compared to the YFZ.

I agree, Yamaha did put a little more into their motor to make it rev a little quicker and their suspension is a lot more "up to date" than the r's. Obviously with money they can both be made into amazing machines, but stock to stock the yzf is a better quad. I like it a lot but i'll just stick with what i got for right now. I just thought it felt a little awkward sitting on it compared to my ex.

speedy
11-06-2003, 05:33 PM
I dont care i got a 400ex

AlaskaSpeed
11-06-2003, 05:57 PM
I dunno...this seems like a worthless topic. I would bet that anyone of us that owns a YFZ now chose to knowing full well that Honda was coming out with a 450 as well. Will my YFZ do everything I want/need it to on the track? Yes. Is there something about the Honda that will make me regret my choice? I doubt it highly.

Besides, you all know that I can put any one of you on a TRX 450R and always be able to find a rider somewhere that will be able to beat you on an equal or even lesser quad. It's the nature of the beast. How about we stop with the VS bs and keep in mind that none of the big four gives you anything for your blind loyalty........JIM

MOFO
11-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
How about we stop with the VS bs

you hit the nail on the head with your post... but...

your better off finding world peace before the above statement is true.... :D

mudderchic
11-06-2003, 06:11 PM
The biggest difference between the two quads will not be seen until they have been out for a while. Honda is known for being reliable, so I would bet that the 450r is going to be the better choice of the two unless you want to rebuild your quad often. I could be wrong, but Yamaha probably still hasn't gotten the reliable part of quad production down.

wurrCRAZY
11-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Personaly I think it is just going to be personal preferance to which quad will be better. We really wont know a lot of things untill people start moding these things out, but I think as of right now that the honda will have a little more power over the yfz when they are both modded out. I just bought a YFZ this week because of my personal preferance. I have rode 2-strokes all my life so I like keeping the revs up on things. I also like that fact that the yfz has the YZ link and I can put a kick start on it if I want to. But I would like to have the honda because of the frontend handeling and it should be a tad bit better in the holeshot.