PDA

View Full Version : Quick ????

Ex_Rider43
11-03-2003, 08:11 PM
hey guys I have wheel spacers in front ( it ads a inch and a half per side so 3 inches )

so I bought elkas valved for +2 a arms and i want to know if its alright because I think they are a little harsh. they are valved for the right weigh and also for MX

I dont know I never ride a 4 wheeler with aftermarket shocks in the past so I cant compare. i will also buy +2 a-arms soon so this will be ok I think.

what do you think???

rrider250
11-03-2003, 09:46 PM
i put works set up for plus 2 a arms on my 400 and they seem harsh at slow speeds. but you start jumping and not botteming out its worth it.

Texan32
11-04-2003, 05:13 AM
you have 2 things working against you.
1. Shocks set for +2, suspension only +1.5
2. MX vavling

The aftermarket shocks are made to be pounded on. Plain and simple...the harder you ride, the better they work. If you want something smoothe, get XC valving....but when you nail that 70 ft table top and bust your wrist from flat landing and bottoming out, you'll wish you had kept the MX valving:eek2: MX valving is rougher...thats just the nature of the beast:devil:

boogiechile
11-04-2003, 08:28 AM
The spacers do nothing to change the leverage on the shock so you are using +2 shocks on stock arms. This will make it harsh. When you get your +2 arms, it should be just fine.

Ex_Rider43
11-04-2003, 02:35 PM
thanks boogiechile

texan32 I bought shocks with mx valving because next summer is gonna be a mx summer:D

any other imputs on this??

DEAL
11-05-2003, 02:37 PM
My elkas are pretty harsh at slow speeds too.
They are valved correctly.
I'm pretty sure its normal. When I trail ride I usually put the compression on the lowest setting and it helps.
How do you like them otherwise?

Ex_Rider43
11-05-2003, 02:39 PM
they are great for big jumps I think. I havent tried them so much yet but I can say that it never compares to stock.