PDA

View Full Version : Removing Motor from frame

Out_Sider
11-03-2003, 04:44 PM
How do i go about taking the motor off of my frame...i need to split the cases, but im wondering how much work it will be to remove it...i've already taken the footpegs off..what else will i need to take off in order to get the motor off the frame? BTW its my 300...

wilkin250r
11-03-2003, 05:18 PM
I'll say two things. First, get a manual. It will give you a step by step.

Second, if you're having problems just removing the engine, I don't recommend that YOU split the cases. Send it to a shop. Taking the motor out is small potatoes compared to splitting the cases.

AtvMxRider
11-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'll say two things. First, get a manual. It will give you a step by step.

Second, if you're having problems just removing the engine, I don't recommend that YOU split the cases. Send it to a shop. Taking the motor out is small potatoes compared to splitting the cases.

Very good advice.

nacs400ex
11-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Yes, I agree.

Out_Sider
11-03-2003, 06:08 PM
well....im not the one thats gonna split the cases....my dad is, and i've tried to tell him to just take the motor out (or just take the bike itself to the shop) and have them do it,,,,,,,but he wont listen to me

pnut420
11-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
well....im not the one thats gonna split the cases....my dad is, and i've tried to tell him to just take the motor out (or just take the bike itself to the shop) and have them do it,,,,,,,but he wont listen to me

You need to sit down your dad and have a little talk with him. Its not worth splitting the cases yourself, what happens when you screw something up, I would let a shop do it, if they screw it up they cover it. Im the type of person that likes to do things myself on my quad and it has ended up costing me alot of $ in the long run.

As far as taking the engine out, it is pretty simple unless your pivot bolt is frozen and if it is over 2 years old, it probably is frozen. Best bet get a manual, they tell yah step by step. If you do take it apart, make sure you put everything in labeled bags, etc... Alot of the time you think it will be apart for 2-3 weeks and then 6 months later you realize you dont know where everything goes.