PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Tires--What you like Front and Rear-and Why

MJNOVA
11-03-2003, 07:31 AM
Me-- GNCC #356 YZF450-Cannondale Blaze

Holeshot XCR--Front and Rear for fast hardpack tracks
Maxxis-Razor2--Fronts Slip/slim tracks--Rears--Same condition
Holeshot XC--Rears--Good for everything except they wear VERY Quickly---I think they offer the best ground clearance and work well in the mud as long as they are fresh. They seem to span the ruts like the Razor2 rears do.

Wheels---Hipers!

Anyone ever try any of the Kendas for the GNCC's?

spincr4hire
11-03-2003, 08:07 AM
XC fronts on Hipers
XC rears on Hipers
...because Jeff says so;)

bradley300
11-03-2003, 08:41 AM
^ im with him, holeshots on hipers are the best!

11-03-2003, 11:37 AM
MX=kenda's by far

XC=been running ITP's and had lots of sidewall issues. Ran razr's and had 1 flat to this day and there twice as old as the ITP's:confused:

I think all are about the same..:confused:

Plante400
11-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Maybe you should try Shredders, i run those and i have never had a problem with holes, anywear. I am on my 2nd set they lasted me a While.

my 2 cents

Plante400
11-04-2003, 06:21 AM
My bad i thought you were asking about what we recomend for you to use. Anyway that would be the shredders, i dont see anyone running them on this site but i think they are sweeeet.

LTandRaptorider
11-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Plante400
My bad i thought you were asking about what we recomend for you to use. Anyway that would be the shredders, i dont see anyone running them on this site but i think they are sweeeet.

I have shredders on the rear now, and got slices in both inside and outside sidewalls, just on trail rides! I'm with rico on the razrs, that's what I'm going back to. I like holeshots on the front, they seem to track the best, with no push in the corners.

joedirt
11-05-2003, 06:49 AM
razr2 21x7x10 fronts awesome bite great steering front almost flat proof

razr 20x11x9 rears last along time great forward bite and very predictable sliders a true 6 ply tire that last

razr2 20x11x9 rears for really muddy conditions. I tell recreational riders to buy these great wear and puncture resistance. A little pricey though

Pappy
11-05-2003, 07:02 AM
ive been running razors and razor2's for the last 2 years...and knock on wood i havent had a single flat. i geuss i ride to slow:p

Derno24
11-05-2003, 11:21 AM
I have to agree with the razor sentiments. I have tried ITP xc's and they are good, but wear way to fast for me. The Kenda's are good rear tires, but the front you need to run more airpressure in to keep them from going flat (They are only 4ply). They are still good though.

For set-up I have been running Front Razor 6ply 22x7x10 and on the rear Razor 2's 20x10x9. I like the beefy rear tires for the different change's in condition a trak may offer. After speaking to a couple other racers who had 2's all around they said the 6ply front's were easier to control (not as heavy of a tire) then the razor 2.

ranger400ex
11-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Kenda Klaw XCF and XCR's 2 seasons, NO flats...zero. only thing close to klaws are the holeshots or razer's (1 or 2) w/ tire balls in them....but the $$ difference is not close. Kenda's are the way to go.

Ben Wrightsman

465Stroker
11-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by ranger400ex
Kenda Klaw XCF and XCR's 2 seasons, NO flats...zero. only thing close to klaws are the holeshots or razer's (1 or 2) w/ tire balls in them....but the $$ difference is not close. Kenda's are the way to go.

Ben Wrightsman

Ben - I'll call your bluff until the day I see a set of Kenda's on the podium at a Rausch Creek or Wisp GNCC. :rolleyes: The best thing that ever happened for Kenda was "Tire Balls"- now you can actully finish a race without flats. I think I remember Cory Ellis comming in the pits with all 4 tires flat 2 years ago when he was runnin them in the GNCC's... :eek:

BTW - Maxxis all the way!

remlapr
11-05-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
After speaking to a couple other racers who had 2's all around they said the 6ply front's were easier to control (not as heavy of a tire) then the razor 2.

Really? Seems like those deeper lugs up front would really help you steer through the mud. I know they are beefier, but how much heavier can they be?? Anybody else got any input on Razr1's vs Razr2's on the front?

Pappy
11-05-2003, 01:14 PM
i ran the razor2 fronts briefly. i liked them alot. im not a fan of the original razor fronts handling especially in slick conditions. the razor 2 stopped all that:D

Derno24
11-05-2003, 01:36 PM
If you get a chance pick up just the tire of a razor 2 then pick up anything else. They are extremely heavy. I am not saying that razor 2's are bad just what I have been told by a couple of racers who use the same set-up.

jb500ex
11-05-2003, 03:19 PM
ive had them all, i think the shredders suck, they dont seem to get as good traction in slipperry stuff and do get more holes. the razers are ok, not fond of the fronts, not to many problems with holes, holeshots love them, no abnormal problems with holes, definately no sidewall problems

cletusEX
11-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Holeshot XC's up front
Razr 2's in the rear

ex kid
11-05-2003, 04:25 PM
Maxxis razrs are awsome. i just picked up a set and im very happy with them. they seem to be softer riding than the ITP's, they slide very well and controlable, the hookup in a straight line. i have only had them for a few weeks so i cant comment on wear and tear. i know for a fact that sunday at rausch creek i saw 1 Maxxis flat and everything else who got a flat was running holeshots. i was one of them.

the ITP's have proven to be a great tire as well. there not as predictable as the Razrs and seems ride alot roughfer. when the holeshots on my honda wear out ill be replacing them with Razrs.

for woods riding i seem to like the Razrs are a better tire.

ranger400ex
11-06-2003, 03:30 PM
GGGRRRRR....how many times people got to get ALL the info first.....Kory was NOT I repeat NOT running the 6ply tires. They were front 2ply and rear 4ply. All the Klaws XC versions are now 6ply, and the MX are still the 4ply and 2ply. Check out a magazine you write for Ricky.ATVSport...the WORCS, baja, and big out westers almost all use Klaws...ACE Racing, Temecula did on a few quads (non sponsored) No BS...you easterners must be too close to the ocean...the salt is killing your brains. lol

jk bud, to each his own, kinda like oils..tons of choices and tons of opinions. I just want to give my side too :D You know I can't agree with anyone...it ain't me. I don't follow the trend...remember doing fastners on Fred's quad...you guys make it to easy. lol :P :D

Ben:p

Derno24
11-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Did they just switch the fronts to 6 ply. My front Kenda xcf's are only 4ply says so right on the tire.

ranger400ex
11-06-2003, 04:02 PM
All my new ones from couple months ago are 6ply....

Ben

Derno24
11-06-2003, 04:06 PM
I must have got the last one's of the 4 ply I got mine back in April and they are definitely 4 ply. I figured it would only be a matter of time before they made them in 6 ply. They had too soft of a sidewall for 4 ply to work. I had to inflate them to almost 7psi to keep them from getting a puncture.

Meek
11-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by ranger400ex

Ben Wrightsman

I have seen you with a flat Kenda Klaw, you must of forgot. Jeff was there also.

ranger400ex
11-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Hey fudge packer...I was talking about the set that were on your toy....the ones you were still running. Jeremy had the flat by the way....and it was a set of holeshots. get it right, or get out.

ben

popo
11-21-2003, 03:18 PM
Aint running no tires named after a barbi doll. AW WHOOO PISH

Meek
11-23-2003, 05:20 AM
Ben

Why do you start calling names, when you are proven wrong?

brazilian rider
11-23-2003, 08:37 AM
I wanna get Maxxis Razr just don't know eich one to get.
What's the diference between them. I race am XC

ranger400ex
11-24-2003, 06:31 AM
Hey Jason (in a sarcastic, adult talking to child voice) I know you can't ride and that crash broke your wrist and took every opportunity of "getting any" away, but don't let your loss cloud your memory.......

Remember the other black dale....Jeremy's??? remember holeshots....remmeber plugging them.....???? all starting to come back now isn't it?

ben

spincr4hire
11-24-2003, 10:15 AM
girls..girls, fighting over tires is getting tired...:o

RIDER11X
11-24-2003, 12:21 PM
I keep hearing people talking about them................:confused:

Meek
11-24-2003, 09:55 PM
Ben

You were the one ranting about finally getting a flat in one of your Kindas after 2 years of riding. Your words not mine.

popo
11-25-2003, 07:18 AM
Ben,

I recall you wacking tree's going around corners with them girly man tires.:blah: :blah:

ranger400ex
11-29-2003, 01:19 PM
definitely not something you would try with razor or hole$hits

ben:D