PDA

View Full Version : hit some garbage cans, now i think im gonna need a lawyer

JUSTINcredible
11-03-2003, 05:57 AM
well i dont have school today (monday) and i stayed at a freinds and were working on his sled this morning and needed to get some stuff from wal-mart. My friend was tired and decided to stay home and work on some other things while I went with his cousin. Well on the way there we seen a garbage can sitting in the road, and well being the dumb teenagers we are we took it out. After we were done at wal mart we seen another one and hit that also, turns out the first guy seen us and called us in and it wasnt much after we hit the second one that the cop had us pulled over. Now here is where the worst part comes in, now i wasnt in the driving mood at 3:30 am so i had him drive, turns out the kid that was driving turned out to be 15 and has no drivers license, which i found out as soon as we got pulled over. all i got was a ticket/ court date on December 1st, thats not what im really woried about tho, im woried about my car inusrance going sky high for the 3rd time, now since i have to go to court anyways what should i expect to pay for a decent lawyer that can get me out of this hopefully, for one i thought the kid had his license and had no idea he was even 15,also the cop searched my vehicle without asking me, i didnt have anything ileagle in it but still i dont think he can search it w/o permision.

ZSK
11-03-2003, 06:25 AM
They'll probably put reckless driving or leaving the scene of an accident on you. The police can search your vehicle without asking if they had just cause. Driving at 3:30 in the morning and hitting trashcans sounds like just cause to me. Any time you make a court aperence or a ticket you can expect your insurance to go up.

JUSTINcredible
11-03-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by cleanshave300ex
They'll probably put reckless driving or leaving the scene of an accident on you. The police can search your vehicle without asking if they had just cause. Driving at 3:30 in the morning and hitting trashcans sounds like just cause to me. Any time you make a court aperence or a ticket you can expect your insurance to go up.

I wasnt driving, all they gave me was letting an un licensed drive drive or somthing like that.

the other kid got driving with no D.L. and reckless driving and is looking at getting probation, community service, fines and possibly delay on getting his license

JLanphear
11-03-2003, 08:16 AM
First off....were the cans actually "in the road"? Not that it really affects you now anyway.

Sorry man....I typically have an idea of how old my friends are, and if I didn't know them well enough to know how old they were or whether or not they had a license I sure wouldn't let them drive my car.

I'm sure you've heard all of this already, but I guess it's just time to stand up and take the punishment they give ya.

-Josh

JUSTINcredible
11-03-2003, 08:28 AM
actualy they were in the road.

yea i really dont know why i let a kid i didnt know drive my car, dumb on my part, but if there is a way i can not get my car insurance to go up im gonna pay almost whatever it takes to not get it to go up

Sportrax10
11-03-2003, 09:36 AM
You should say you were being driven agaist your will. You cant just jump out can you?

JUSTINcredible
11-03-2003, 09:43 AM
lol, we thought about it but then figured they would never buy it

11-03-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible
im woried about my car inusrance going sky high for the 3rd time
This is SGA on spoons name.
This is not the first time things have happened to raise your insurance?
You admited to being dumb , I agree with that. Illegal search, geesh. I think its time you grow up and quit trying to pass the buck. Pay your fine and quit doing stupid things.

honda350r
11-03-2003, 12:39 PM
HA HA HA HA HA DUMB ***** !! I am so glad you got caught! Pay up sucker!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ....

XANDADA
11-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
HA HA HA HA HA DUMB ***** !! I am so glad you got caught! Pay up sucker!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ....

lmfao, so how exactly do you feel about this:confused: :rolleyes2 :devil:

JUSTINcredible
11-03-2003, 12:45 PM
i have to go to court before i know what my fine is and the cop told me it could be a combination of other things including getting my license suspended, probation, community service.
I dont have a choice I have to go to court, all i really needed to know was how much i can expect to pay for a lawyer, this kid says he can drive so i let him, im not gonna take all the heat for that.

and you guys cant all say you have not done any dumb things when you were a teenager, you prolly just didnt get caught:p

SGA
11-03-2003, 01:02 PM
and you guys cant all say you have not done any dumb things when you were a teenager, you prolly just didnt get caught:p
True, true :D . I have done dumb things, have not been caught on some, and have been caught on others. After a couple of $200 fines and a a couple of $100 fines, I said bump this. Started driving as I should on the public roads. Low funds or no license sure can put a damper on a young persons love life.:(

MILF_HUNTER
11-03-2003, 01:35 PM
on a lighter note

what do you call a bus full of lawyers going over a cliff with an empty seat.??

Waste of a good seat. sorry ben if ya read this lame joke i know.

Juggalo
11-03-2003, 01:35 PM
any decent lawyer will be able to get those dropped. u should see some of the things my friends get off of. my one friend has like 8 tickets the court doesn't know about. some of them are pretty outragous.

steveatv3
11-03-2003, 01:37 PM
I had an insedent, a cop accused me of running from them and i did ****, but long story short I got hit with recklass driving, 300$ fine and i loose my license for 6months!!! its either i take it or go to jail!!

k2-dawg
11-03-2003, 01:41 PM
3:30am + 15 yr old = nuttin' but trouble.

If my kid did that, his going to court, ticket, whatever would be the least of his worries..... :mad:

AtvMxRider
11-03-2003, 01:43 PM
I got a question. WTF is a 15 yr old doing out at 3:30 in the morning:huh ?

MOFO
11-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

oh I'm sure nothing but good legal activities... :rolleyes:

MOFO
11-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by steveatv3
I had an insedent, a cop accused me of running from them and i did ****, but long story short I got hit with recklass driving, 300$ fine and i loose my license for 6months!!! its either i take it or go to jail!!

something tells me there is a bit more to this story... I'm sure its under the "long story" part....

11-03-2003, 01:47 PM

He's out causin trouble, that's what he's doin at 3:30 in the morning.:o

The judge needs ta smacky his momma and daddy while he's not kikken juniors butt..:mad:

On the garbage can thingy,,we were doin something similear to this as teens and hit a can full of crap from a guys garage. Lots of heavy metal. Needless to say we bashed ole boyz car up pretty bad. I guess that's what we got for destroyin other peoples property..:o I've got a garbage can at home right now that's got some bumper spots and dings in it from the local yokals havin fun...:grr:

AtvMxRider
11-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
oh I'm sure nothing but good legal activities... :rolleyes:

Yeah no chit. I get tired of the kids coming on here saying they got caught by the cops and "what should I do?" You ****ed up you pay the price. That's the problem with kids these days they don't want to take the heat when they **** up:rolleyes: .

MOFO
11-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Yeah no chit. I get tired of the kids coming on here saying they got caught by the cops and "what should I do?" You ****ed up you pay the price. That's the problem with kids these days they don't want to take the heat when they **** up:rolleyes: .

exactly.. I've been there and done that. In the end, you take your punishment/fine and suck it up.... not looking for an excuse or someone's shoulder to cry on, like most kids do...

After a few arse whippin's and/or fines, they will shape up. :devil:

MOFO
11-03-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Rico
He's out causin trouble, that's what he's doin at 3:30 in the morning.:o

The judge needs ta smacky his momma and daddy while he's not kikken juniors butt..:mad:

On the garbage can thingy,,we were doin something similear to this as teens and hit a can full of crap from a guys garage. Lots of heavy metal. Needless to say we bashed ole boyz car up pretty bad. I guess that's what we got for destroyin other peoples property..:o I've got a garbage can at home right now that's got some bumper spots and dings in it from the local yokals havin fun...:grr:

I know a guy that filled his garbage can full of cement blocks... lets just say the idiots that smashed his cans in the past got a BIG wake up call one night.

Punk'd
11-03-2003, 02:13 PM
they cant justin they need a search warrent to search ur car i hope u end up wining good luck man!

MOFO
11-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by punk'd
they cant justin they need a search warrent to search ur car i hope u end up wining good luck man!

:confused:

A cop does NOT need a search warrent... if they want to look around in your car, they will find a way...legally.

I'd love to see some of you guys actually tell a cop "No sir, you cant look in my car..." after being pulled over... :rolleyes:

JUSTINcredible
11-03-2003, 03:43 PM
if they cop wanted to search my car all he had to do was ask and i would have let him go at it, i really dont think he can just hop in and start looking.

and the kids parents knew where he was, the only thing she didnt know was that he was driving.

seems like if some of you guys were in my shoes you would just show up on your court date and tell the judge to give you everything he has:huh

I would much rather pay $500 in fines and do 50 hours of community service before i would want my insurance to go up for somthing i didnt do

chucked
11-03-2003, 03:51 PM

what he said... I got a speeding ticket, 75 in a 55, o well, honestly ive been waiting for it,

Ralph
11-03-2003, 04:01 PM
i hit garbage cans on my moped all the time...lol

F-16Guy
11-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Sounds like you're kind of a slow learner. You could get a lawyer, but if you're not facing jail time, I doubt he'd be able to do much about your violation. As the party responsible for the vehicle, it's ultimately your responsibility to make sure your buddy is a licenced driver before you give him the keys. I have a feeling you knew he was 15. The officer that searched your car had plenty of probable cause; I'd guess you were smokin' something too, driving around knocking peoples trash cans over at 3:30am. I think you need to pay a nice big fine and do some community service because it obviously didn't sink in the last couple of times you got in trouble. There's a huge lack of parenting going on here. My *** would have been kicked if I stayed out until 3:30am at 15 or 16. This kind of stuff follows you around for a long time, it's a bad habbit to get into.

GlamisEXRider
11-03-2003, 04:10 PM
I would much rather pay $500 in fines and do 50 hours of community service before i would want my insurance to go up for somthing i didnt do What do you mean you didn't do it? You were in the car too. Do you just let people you don't know run into things with YOUR car....Twice for that matter.

JEEZ come-on give me a break you think we are all stupid here. Pay the price and think about what will happen before you do dumb things. Nobody's Fault but YOURS.

batgeek
11-03-2003, 04:12 PM
just goes to show, you must be young and dumb once in order to become old and wise.

maybe some of you young folks maybe.......maybe, maybe, maybe.......should listen to older folks sometimes.

older folks aren't trying to be d^cks, they are just trying to save you from making the mistakes they made when they were young and dumb.

what the h3ll, why even try....y'all aren't gonna listen anyways.

y'all know everything and older folks don't know sh^t....whats wrong with me, what was i thinking. DOH!

wilkin250r
11-03-2003, 04:16 PM
I would much rather pay $500 in fines and do 50 hours of community service before i would want my insurance to go up for somthing i didnt do

Didn't do? Did the kid hold a gun to your head? And I bet you weren't laughin your arse off when he hit that first garbage can?

And of course, on the way home, AFTER the first garbage can (which you didn't think was funny, right?), he held a gun to your head again and made you let him drive home?

Hey, your situation sucks, but I got news for you. STUPIDITY HAS A PRICE! If I was the judge, I'd throw the book at you AND the other guy to teach you a lesson.

JUSTINcredible
11-03-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Sounds like you're kind of a slow learner. You could get a lawyer, but if you're not facing jail time, I doubt he'd be able to do much about your violation. As the party responsible for the vehicle, it's ultimately your responsibility to make sure your buddy is a licenced driver before you give him the keys. I have a feeling you knew he was 15. The officer that searched your car had plenty of probable cause; I'd guess you were smokin' something too, driving around knocking peoples trash cans over at 3:30am. I think you need to pay a nice big fine and do some community service because it obviously didn't sink in the last couple of times you got in trouble. There's a huge lack of parenting going on here. My *** would have been kicked if I stayed out until 3:30am at 15 or 16. This kind of stuff follows you around for a long time, it's a bad habbit to get into.

this kids mom gets home from work at 3am, we left when she got home with her permision, we went to wal mart to get fog lights for his sled. and no i didnt know he was 15, and if we were smoking somthing dont you think him and his dog would have found it:confused:

JUSTINcredible
11-03-2003, 04:23 PM
you better believe i was lmao! :blah:

and i wasnt asking for everyone opinion on what i should do in court cuz i already know and have known sicne the cop handed me the ticket, i was simply asking how much ic an expect to spend on a lawyer, not everyone telling me how dumb i am for letting a kid i didnt know drive my car, cuz i already know.

JabberJaw
11-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Next time you want to get trashed, just stay home and drink some beer.

JUSTINcredible
11-03-2003, 04:34 PM
hahahahaha oh man:rolleyes: :p

GlamisEXRider
11-03-2003, 04:56 PM
For someone that seems to knows everything you should know how much a lawyer is going to cost you.

wilkin250r
11-03-2003, 05:05 PM
The usual retainer is about $2000, and that will go by real quick. You're probably looking at $4000 at least. Expect to pay at least $6000 if it goes all the way to trial.

chucked
11-03-2003, 05:06 PM
if you think a lawyer is only gonna cost you 500 dollars....
The usual retainer is about $2000, and that will go by real quick. You're probably looking at $4000 at least. Expect to pay at least $6000 if it goes all the way to trial.

that sounds about right

AtvMxRider
11-03-2003, 05:14 PM
this kids mom gets home from work at 3am, we left when she got home with her permision,

Well she sounds like a real responsible parent doesn't she. letting her 15 yr old go out at 3am in the morning:rolleyes: . Where is the trailer park you people live in so I know to stay away from it cause it seems like alot of 'stupid" running around it.

AlaskaSpeed
11-03-2003, 05:17 PM
Today on one of the rock stations the two goof dj's had this great idea of killing 6 or 7 stupid people every day.....I thought it was a bad idea at the time.......:eek2:

Guy400
11-03-2003, 05:24 PM
This thread makes me LMAO. Why on God's green Earth would you let someone you apparently don't know very well drive your car? Then why would you let him intentionally hit trash cans? Face it kid, you knew exactly what was going on and you got caught. I also find it hard to believe that you "found" two trash cans laying right in the middle of the road and you decided to hit both of them. I think the facts are more like there were two trash cans standing at the side of the road and you swerved to clip them.

I'll be the first to admit, I did stupid things when I was a kid and I've got the community service time to prove it. The difference was I didn't even attempt to weasel my way out of it. I got caught, my parent's were informed and I was taking the punishment handed to me. If your parents even allow you to get a lawyer if you had the money they need smacked in the head.

TGW_400ex
11-03-2003, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by batgeek
just goes to show, you must be young and dumb once in order to become old and wise.

maybe some of you young folks maybe.......maybe, maybe, maybe.......should listen to older folks sometimes.

older folks aren't trying to be d^cks, they are just trying to save you from making the mistakes they made when they were young and dumb.

what the h3ll, why even try....y'all aren't gonna listen anyways.

y'all know everything and older folks don't know sh^t....whats wrong with me, what was i thinking. DOH! [/QUOTE

If young kids listened to there parents they wouldnt have any good stories from "back in the day" and i have to admit if i saw a plastic garbage can in the middle of the road i'd nail it:D

batgeek
11-03-2003, 05:38 PM
20th century Darwinism at work.

chucked
11-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
20th century Darwinism at work.

i thought it was the 21st?

batgeek
11-03-2003, 05:46 PM
sure....you know what i meant :D

JUSTINcredible
11-03-2003, 06:11 PM
Where is the trailer park you people live in so I know to stay away from it cause it seems like alot of 'stupid" running around it.

nobody makes fun of your van down by the river do they?

Guy400
11-03-2003, 06:12 PM
nobody makes fun of your van down by the river do they? Yes, we make fun of Jerry's van all the time.

TheChknhwk
11-03-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
exactly.. I've been there and done that. In the end, you take your punishment/fine and suck it up.... not looking for an excuse or someone's shoulder to cry on, like most kids do...

After a few arse whippin's and/or fines, they will shape up. :devil:

$1590 fine, probation... ... I am one smart mother ****er now:blah: Although to answer your initial question you can expect to pay from 100-400 for a lawyer to take your ticket to court for you. Depending how serious the charges are he may be able to plead them out to increased fines at a pretrial... that's what have happened to my last 3 speeding tickets. On the other hand if you have a tarnished driving record your chances probably go down exponentially.

AtvMxRider
11-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Yes, we make fun of Jerry's van all the time.

LMAO yeah they do.

SGA
11-03-2003, 11:09 PM
Lol, this thread just keeps getting better and better:D