View Full Version : questions about new rims and tires

yellowrider
02-08-2002, 10:44 PM
thinking about getting some new rear rims.. with 20inch 400ex tires

i like the idea having spare tires around and also i like the way they grip

but i noticed on my friends 300ex it seems to set lower in the back more than mine did for some reason but i dotn know if it is because of the tires cause he is really ruff on his stuff i seen him get 10 feet of air and bust his nuts and you know what it is like to see a grown man acturally cry.... its a horrible site anyways i was wondering will it make it a little awkward ??

4punksdad
02-09-2002, 07:37 AM
the 20" rear tires will make it sit a little lower in the rear...........and it will handle way better too. here is a pic of a 300ex with 20" bandits.

02-09-2002, 08:52 AM
400ex tires/rims on the back of a 300ex? Oh yeahhhhhhhhhh:D Those tires hook up and handle great!!! If you are thinking of a spare set, go for it...:cool:

Poncho
02-09-2002, 09:55 AM
I run 400ex tires on my stock rims and they are almost bald and still grip.I love em!

yellowrider
02-10-2002, 11:47 AM
your 300ex looks sweet i reallly didnt need to see that wb pipe but it looks sweet

i order some they should be coming in any time now ...

4punks where did the stickers go??? lol hey how hard was they to come off i am thinking about just getting me some new stickers instead of getting new plastic cause i think it is a waste of money where i ride to buy new plastic cause it be ruin like the first week..

4punksdad
02-11-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by yellowrider
your 300ex looks sweet i reallly didnt need to see that wb pipe but it looks sweet

i order some they should be coming in any time now ...

4punks where did the stickers go??? lol hey how hard was they to come off i am thinking about just getting me some new stickers instead of getting new plastic cause i think it is a waste of money where i ride to buy new plastic cause it be ruin like the first week..

that is my buddies 300ex.........he blew the stickers off at the car wash.........on a cold day the decals will blow off real easy.

Poncho
02-12-2002, 05:54 AM
I was showing you the tires.:rolleyes:

Texan32
02-12-2002, 11:56 AM
Thats one of the things i noticed when i put my bandits on. The are about 1 1/2 inshes shorter than the factory tires. Its pretty much like truck tires. Every maker has their "size". Its not uncommon for there to be an inch difference between the different brands. I like how my bandits sit a little shorter. I also like the lower profile of the 10" wheels. The factory tires have the whole "baloon" thing going on. At least they're not as bad as the factory tires on Warriors.