PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale Maintenance and Relaibility ?

exrider123
11-02-2003, 04:02 PM
Can anyone help me...Im looking to get a new quad possibly a cannondale and i really have no idea how much maintenance is required and how reliable they are ?

Thanks

roostin_dale
11-02-2003, 04:07 PM
They are much more reliable than people say they are. I have never had any problems except for electrical and thats because i rewired it myself. Maintenence isnt that bad either...i'd say it is about the same as a 400ex.

If your looking for a new quad i'd say cannondale without any questions. You would NOT be disappointed. I love mine....

check out www.cannondaleriders.com some people over there know ALOT about them.

400exrules
11-02-2003, 04:18 PM
nothin better then a dale IMO

cheetah
11-02-2003, 04:18 PM
2nd day on mine and you can't get the grin of my face.:D

Holeshot36
11-02-2003, 05:52 PM
From what i hear there reliable, there is a batch that came out though with bad cranks just hope you don't get one of those. I just bought a 03' cannibal for cheap because the crank went out on it, hopefully once i get it fixed i'll have no major problems with it and be happy with the power.

LTandRaptorider
11-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Would you recommend the 'dale over the YFZ450? In another year or two, I'll be looking to unload my Raptor and LT250R and get a good 4-stroke. Before I bought my Raptor, I took a Cannibal for a ride. It wasn't bad, but that was the first year for them, and they had some problems. I'm curious as to whether the moto440 would be a better choice than the YFZ. Thanks!

cheetah
11-02-2003, 07:02 PM
I personally felt the YFZ was too small for me. The two bikes are very similar. I beat a piped YFZ by about half a bike, but in a race that close you must factor in riders too. They are very close on power and fuel injection is awesome. A moto would save a lot of money too if you were going that route. But if your still a year or so away from a new bike, just kinda check everything out and see what you like, Everyone likes something different.

11-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Having a couple certified techs in the same state as you is also nice. Call Jeff with any dale questions you have. Him and rolwrag know the dales inside and out.

LTandRaptorider
11-03-2003, 02:14 PM
What could I expect to pay for a moto440 now? Also, do the engines still sound like they're mixing gravel in the crank case? Is that from the chain? I remember that sorted of scared me off when I test rode a cannibal...

cdalejef
11-03-2003, 02:35 PM
expect to pay between $6000 and $8000 for a new Moto. The sound you are hearing is the gear driven cam, its perfectly normal and doesn't hurt a thing!

KrazyKid300ex
11-03-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
They are much more reliable than people say they are. I have never had any problems except for electrical and thats because i rewired it myself. Maintenence isnt that bad either...i'd say it is about the same as a 400ex.

If your looking for a new quad i'd say cannondale without any questions. You would NOT be disappointed. I love mine....

check out www.cannondaleriders.com some people over there know ALOT about them.

spoken from the same kid who might have wanted to sell his dale for a yfz:rolleyes: :blah:

roostin_dale
11-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by KrazyKid300ex
spoken from the same kid who might have wanted to sell his dale for a yfz:rolleyes: :blah:

lmao..i knew someone would say that...i go through my phases. I cant keep a quad for hardly a year.

KrazyKid300ex
11-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
lmao..i knew someone would say that...i go through my phases. I cant keep a quad for hardly a year.

i dont either but i am going to now. i love this thing, if you would want to sell the dale, let me know. Dad needs a new ride.

LTandRaptorider
11-04-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
expect to pay between $6000 and $8000 for a new Moto. The sound you are hearing is the gear driven cam, its perfectly normal and doesn't hurt a thing!

That sounds good, thanks! I'm itching for something new, both my quads and wife are getting nervous... :devil:

6-$8k sounds real good for a race ready quad. I assume the moto has the updates? I'll have to check around to see if I can take one for a ride.

cdalejef
11-04-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I assume the moto has the updates? Probally not, it will depend on the dealer.

danyeo
11-12-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Holeshot36
From what i hear there reliable, there is a batch that came out though with bad cranks just hope you don't get one of those. I just bought a 03' cannibal for cheap because the crank went out on it, hopefully once i get it fixed i'll have no major problems with it and be happy with the power.

If you have any C-Dale you need to get the stage-8 kit which will take care of the issue, it can affect any C-Dale. There is much info over at Cannondaleriders.com on that. You also need a vent hose update and a motor mount update. Get a Cannibal for around 3-4000 spend a few hundred and get those updates done, get an HMF pipe and remap it and you still have not spend that much money plus it will totally rip. These quads MOVE!

rookiex
11-13-2003, 05:48 PM
modded YFZ VS modded dale...... DALE... believe me i have raced prolly 30 modded YFZ's on the line an me being the only other quad an i get 2nd in quad pro...