PDA

View Full Version : Oregon riders

kamikaze_rzrbak
11-02-2003, 02:07 PM
i thought anybody from oregon can add their 2 cents and say their favorite sweet spot. Mine is a place called Big Lake, it's out in central oregon by Sisters. There is miles and miles of trails, mud holes, huge sand pits, and play areas. Its totally awsome

quadrider400
11-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by kamikaze_rzrbak
i thought anybody from oregon can add their 2 cents and say their favorite sweet spot. Mine is a place called Big Lake, it's out in central oregon by Sisters. There is miles and miles of trails, mud holes, huge sand pits, and play areas. Its totally awsome

Just be sure that you do not go in the summer it can be really dusty there.... however if you ride in the morning and swim the rest of the day its great....

I also like Prison Camp... it is off Hwy 6 a few miles past the Browns camp summit.... you can ride there from Browns Camp but it is less used and camping is free.... bring your own TP

later :cool:

JOEX
11-04-2003, 02:51 AM
As much as I like riding the trails and woods I think I like the Oregon Dunes the best:cool:

Joe

kamikaze_rzrbak
11-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by quadrider400
Just be sure that you do not go in the summer it can be really dusty there.... however if you ride in the morning and swim the rest of the day its great....

I also like Prison Camp... it is off Hwy 6 a few miles past the Browns camp summit.... you can ride there from Browns Camp but it is less used and camping is free.... bring your own TP

later :cool:
yeah i know i went this summer, it ruined the trip, plus i crashed pretty hard. but going swimming in the lake afterwards is so much fun, that lake is awsome!

GODUCKS
11-07-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by kamikaze_rzrbak

Hey I'm from Gresham too, in fact I use to goto Big Lake for summer camp when I was younger! I use to mountain bike there all the time, I will have to take the quads sometime and check it out I haven't been there in years, thanks for the recommendation I totally forgot about it!

Manny55
11-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Sand Lake i love riding there. I might be heading out there this coming friday. I havnt been to the big dunes in florence yet though.