PDA

View Full Version : tips for making a track plz

300expower
11-02-2003, 10:11 AM
hi,

we just moved in a new house and it's in the middle of nowhere, compared of before we were in the big city;)

we have plenty of room in the backyard and there is no trees, i really wanna make a track or just sumthin to have fun when i have nothing to do cuz my friends are too far away:p

do you have some tips, like what should i use, bobcat or a little loader, and where do i take the stuff to make jumps?

tks:devil:

NTPRacing#19
11-02-2003, 10:22 AM
have me come up and build it for you. of course it will cost some money but i build event size tracks

ReconRider25
11-02-2003, 01:00 PM
i think he just wanted something to mess around on. if you can get a bobcat, then get it. if not just get some shovels and dig up the dirt for the jumps and stuff. if you cant get much dirt, find some old junk or logs and pile the dirt over those so you can build them up with little amount of dirt. thats what i do.

300expower
11-02-2003, 07:43 PM
ok tks reconrider,

any tips on how to make the curves, make rockers and landings, how to know how to put the landing of the jump?

you guys are helping me so much:devil:

ReconRider25
11-02-2003, 08:19 PM
if you got some old plywood, use that to make the jumps and stuff even. for the turns, make some banked and others flat so you can practice all sorts of riding. for the landings, just keep testing it and add more dirt if you need it. just dont make the jumps having huge gaps if you havent jumped much yet. itll hurt. and, dont go 4th gear pinned off a single thats only a couple feet high. my friend did that on his 300ex......but it was like a hill kinda thing 3 feet tall. he went about a hundered feet, landed flat but it just bounced right back from the impact and started flipping......the only good thing he got out of it was that his brother rebuilt the whole thing so its race ready.......

spud400ex
11-02-2003, 08:28 PM
i have one jump but i used a down hill for the landing and pilled dirt up with a tractor and smoothed it out.

Greg Z
11-02-2003, 09:11 PM
have people pay you to put dirt on your back yard then buy a bobcat and use the bobcatt what it was ment to do

BUILD JUMPS!:eek2: