PDA

View Full Version : +1 A-Arms

DaveEX7
11-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Will stock length shocks fit +1 a-arms?

I have Works Dualrates in the front and I wanna purchase a set of a-arms..... but Burgard doesnt have them in stock length, so would the shocks fit anyway?

JOEX
11-01-2003, 09:13 PM
They'll fit but they might be a little soft. You might be able to compensate by adjusting the preload.

Someone else will have to chime in for more detailed info....

Joe

11-02-2003, 06:43 AM
It would make it a little stiffer. When I first bought my shocks I had them built for +1 arms but had them on stock a-arms for about 2 months before i got the a-arms. The ride wasn't that bad at all. When i went with the +1 i could tell it got softer but it wasn't a dramatic change going from too stiff to what they were made for. I think you'll be ok. If it is too soft a new stiffer main spring might fix the problem and they run like $35 a piece..:cool: You'll know on your first trip out if their too soft if you find a rough section..

DaveEX7
11-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Alrite thanks Joe &Rico..... I guess Il just have to see how the ride feels at first then Il adjust if I need to.

JOEX
11-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Rico
It would make it a little stiffer. When I first bought my shocks I had them built for +1 arms but had them on stock a-arms for about 2 months before i got the a-arms. The ride wasn't that bad at all. When i went with the +1 i could tell it got softer but it wasn't a dramatic change going from too stiff to what they were made for. I think you'll be ok. If it is too soft a new stiffer main spring might fix the problem and they run like $35 a piece..:cool: You'll know on your first trip out if their too soft if you find a rough section..
What I read is he has Works shock setup for stock a-arms and will be adding +1 a-arms. Wouldn't this make the frontend softer?
Or did I miss something?:confused:

Joe

4wheelboy
11-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
What I read is he has Works shock setup for stock a-arms and will be adding +1 a-arms. Wouldn't this make the frontend softer?

Joe

wouldint it be more levrage on the shocks making it softer?

i think rico had lil too much to drink?:confused:

JOEX
11-02-2003, 08:24 PM
OH MY! Don't bring up that leverage subject! LOL!:p

I was wondering if I had too much to drink!:o :blah:

Joe

DaveEX7
11-02-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

Joe

Thats correct. Burgard +1's to be exact

Tommy 17
11-03-2003, 04:58 PM
i put burgard +1 on my stk valving elkas... i can't even tell a differnce... they feel exactly the same to me...

cdalejef
11-03-2003, 05:22 PM
The difference is very minimal!

DaveEX7
11-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Are you talking about it affecting the ride of the quad, or the way it feels when I just sit on it?

cdalejef
11-03-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by DaveEX7
Are you talking about it affecting the ride of the quad, or the way it feels when I just sit on it? If your talking to me, I mean the ride and when you sit on it.

DaveEX7
11-04-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
If your talking to me, I mean the ride and when you sit on it.

Ya, that question was directed toward you Jeff....... I just picked up my shocks a few minutes ago - very nice!. My dealer that races said that he runs +3 a-arms with +1 valves and it doesnt feel much different.

He also told me I would be better off gettin +2 a-arms instead of +1 cause the shocks would still fit cause the length dont matter, its how heavy you are.

JD400exrider
11-05-2003, 12:42 AM
I am running + 1 burgards with works valved for stock. I cannot tell the difference either. Work fine.

+2 with valved for stock may be a different feel. I am sure some people on here have tried this before getting new arms or re valving.