PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Problem

Andrew400ex
02-08-2002, 06:43 PM
hey, recently for christmas my father bought me a 400ex(:cool: ) and i wanted this for the longest time. It's not my first quad(i had a 250x),and i'm a pretty decent rider at 14. Well anyway,it's a 2001 and it was a trade-in at a dealer. So the problem is that it occasionally seems like it wants gas,like it bogs out a little. For instance,if it's idling,and then u give it some gas,it hesitates a lil and then u hear it. This is bothering me. I'm afriad to tell my dad that there is something wrong or i would sound ungrateful. My first guess was it was a jetting problem.

Also,it seems like it's not going as fast as it should, but maybe thats because i just thought more would come from the 400(:( )
Thanks

Poncho
02-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Does it do this when you gun it real fast and hard or when you do it easy too?hmm:confused:

Lil90man!!
02-08-2002, 08:03 PM
sounds like a jetting problem to me, but just tell your dad and take it back to the dealer it sounds like somethings wrong, and if you take it back to the dealer they should be able to fix it, and it should still be under warranty so it won't cost anything cept the gas to get there and the time:D we've had to take my 300 back 2 already cuz our dealer is stupid and can't set up a bike right!

02-08-2002, 08:25 PM
Are you running a high octane gas? (92 or higher?)