PDA

View Full Version : CONGRADULATIONS!!!!Troy takes the MX championship!!!!And MY fisrt MX!!

QuadJunkies
11-01-2003, 08:11 PM
Today was the MX championship and Troy toks first place!!!:blah: This was his first MX season .Today was a bittersweet race, In the first moto,Troy piled it up in the whoops and Were pretty sure he broke his wrist:( He gimped it in the main on his quad so he could get his points . done some minor damage as well to the Predator.He is at the ER as we speak getting it X-Rayed to make sure.I dont have any pics today......cause. I RACED MY FIRST MX TODAY TOO!!!:blah: :macho I didnt place well:rolleyes: but at least I went out and gave it my best,those guys have had alot more time on an MX than I have. I did do well on the Holeshot in both the 1st moto and the Main, but I got passed in the whoops everytime:grr: ...... This years series had some reallly good riders..I ll Try to put up some pics tomorrow of some others got of the race . I have never seen a trophy so BIG...:eek: 5 ft tall!!!..:cool:

AtvMxRider
11-01-2003, 08:14 PM
Sorry to hear about crash........:blah: . Well atleast he won the championship. Did you have fun in your race?

Narly R
11-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Congrats!

MX is a BLAST huh!?!?:D

QuadJunkies
11-01-2003, 08:43 PM
OMG>>>>> It was a TOTAL rush!!!!!:cool: I think my favorite part is lining it up and hearing the gates drop and the sound of rolling Thunder from all the motors Revvin!! I think Ill be dreaming of that sound tonight.... ..seriiously...LOL

QuadJunkies
11-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Sorry to hear about crash........:blah: . Well atleast he won the championship. Did you have fun in your race? yeah at least he won. I just hoep the break isnt too bad:(. He has a good chance that he wont run flattrack now......:(

JOEX
11-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Congrats!!! One of these days i'll get some balls and try it myself:p

Joe

QuadJunkies
11-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

Joe YOU SHOULD! HEck I went out with all those Men and never raced before!!:eek2: .Maybe in the spring series Ill give the BOYZ a run for ther $$$........hehe:p

Narly R
11-01-2003, 08:59 PM
Thast awsome, I LOVE mx, I think it is by FAR the hardest sport out there, keep racing quadqunkies. Its awsome. And if ya get good enough who knows where ya could end up...:ermm: When i go to a race, taht night I cant ever sleep cause all I hear is bikes all night...

Hope Troy gets better!:( :devil:

QuadJunkies
11-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Thast awsome, I LOVE mx, I think it is by FAR the hardest sport out there, keep racing quadqunkies. Its awsome. And if ya get good enough who knows where ya could end up...:ermm: When i go to a race, taht night I cant ever sleep cause all I hear is bikes all night...

Hope Troy gets better!:( :devil: This us true. Ive been REALLY hard on myself to run good and competitive and Im one that Hates to wait, you know.. I WANT IT RIGHT NOW:p kinda thign, but I am taking it only as I can and not pushing myself too much, yet I am pushing it a little more and more . I am anxious for my flattrack series in three more weeks.Its about a ten week series and it looks like it may get a little nutty with alot of good riding shicks this year:eek2: a couple are even traveling up to race with some ladies it could get interesting. So how hard is it to DBL the whoops anyhow? I HATE those *******s..:o

hondafox440
11-01-2003, 09:50 PM
Awesome. MX is so fun. Troy must be really tough if he raced with a broken wrist. Last time I broke my wrist I could barely unbuckle my (bicycle) helmet with it and walk my bike home. It was a combination of the pain and the numbness (if I was pushing with my fingers it didn't feel like I was, kinda hard to explain). I hope he's alright.

Nausty
11-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
This us true. Ive been REALLY hard on myself to run good and competitive and Im one that Hates to wait, you know.. I WANT IT RIGHT NOW:p kinda thign, but I am taking it only as I can and not pushing myself too much, yet I am pushing it a little more and more . I am anxious for my flattrack series in three more weeks.Its about a ten week series and it looks like it may get a little nutty with alot of good riding shicks this year:eek2: a couple are even traveling up to race with some ladies it could get interesting. So how hard is it to DBL the whoops anyhow? I HATE those *******s..:o

it depends on how close they are and how steep the transitions are. Usually I hit them a little faster than normal but don't blip it as much on the face so my nose drops down onto the whoop I plan to land on.

In genral try to keep your weight towards the rear and if you wanna blitz across them just hold the throttle steady and lean back so that your tires hit right below the top, if you double through them they are like small jumps and preload a little make sure the your front lands either on the flat or lower bottem of the landing whoop. Keep your knees locked into the seat and when it starts to buck around to much start spreading them out.

Also watch out for when your your blitzing across the whoops and your front tire clears one and you accidently preload the rear on the one your fronts missed thereby causing your rear end to jump up when your fronts are coming down.:eek: I've had to hit the eject button a lotta times cuz of that.

Whoops are my favorite thing if you can't tell, I can do them all day and on good days I can either blitz across them perfect or turn them into rythem sections.

Imo its easier to blitz across the whoops when you go faster because your quad won't swap as much and you'll just float over everything. The hard part is getting it started, mainly you just gotta lean back and do your best not to preload.

Also when you come across a area where you can double all the whoops or certain ones it helps to learn how to see saw over the whoops so you can get keep your momentum up for the double. By see saw I mean wheelie your front end onto the back side of the next whoop, let off the gas and let ur rear roll over the top and then get on the gas(make sure you don't get air off it so you can get traction and have more time to accelerate for the next set you plan to rythem or blitz through).

Lol, thats a lot of what I know, I hope it all makes since and you can understand everything. I'm not very good at explaining things like this but at least I tryed.

QuadJunkies
11-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
it depends on how close they are and how steep the transitions are. Usually I hit them a little faster than normal but don't blip it as much on the face so my nose drops down onto the whoop I plan to land on.

In genral try to keep your weight towards the rear and if you wanna blitz across them just hold the throttle steady and lean back so that your tires hit right below the top, if you double through them they are like small jumps and preload a little make sure the your front lands either on the flat or lower bottem of the landing whoop. Keep your knees locked into the seat and when it starts to buck around to much start spreading them out.

Also watch out for when your your blitzing across the whoops and your front tire clears one and you accidently preload the rear on the one your fronts missed thereby causing your rear end to jump up when your fronts are coming down.:eek: I've had to hit the eject button a lotta times cuz of that.

Whoops are my favorite thing if you can't tell, I can do them all day and on good days I can either blitz across them perfect or turn them into rythem sections.

Imo its easier to blitz across the whoops when you go faster because your quad won't swap as much and you'll just float over everything. The hard part is getting it started, mainly you just gotta lean back and do your best not to preload.

Also when you come across a area where you can double all the whoops or certain ones it helps to learn how to see saw over the whoops so you can get keep your momentum up for the double. By see saw I mean wheelie your front end onto the back side of the next whoop, let off the gas and let ur rear roll over the top and then get on the gas(make sure you don't get air off it so you can get traction and have more time to accelerate for the next set you plan to rythem or blitz through).

Lol, thats a lot of what I know, I hope it all makes since and you can understand everything. I'm not very good at explaining things like this but at least I tryed. thanks for the good advice! one thing I can tell is that its hard on my lwer back BIGTIME:eek2: Its better since I got a +1 steering stem last week

QuadJunkies
11-01-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Awesome. MX is so fun. Troy must be really tough if he raced with a broken wrist. Last time I broke my wrist I could barely unbuckle my (bicycle) helmet with it and walk my bike home. It was a combination of the pain and the numbness (if I was pushing with my fingers it didn't feel like I was, kinda hard to explain). I hope he's alright. He also had two broken ribs....Whata nut ball huh:huh :o

LTandRaptorider
11-01-2003, 10:43 PM
OMG>>>>> It was a TOTAL rush!!!!!:cool: I think my favorite part is lining it up and hearing the gates drop and the sound of rolling Thunder from all the motors Revvin!! I think Ill be dreaming of that sound tonight.... ..seriiously...LOL

Don't spend too much time dreaming about it, because you'll be tired from running through my mind all night... :devil:

Have fun with your mx racing, and good luck in the flat track series! :D

airheadedduner
11-01-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

Joe
Joe, PM me if you are interested on info. I will be starting up soon myself.

Qj, that sucks to hear about troy's wrist. I fractured on of mine in my first mx 2 years ago. At least he won. He may have some armpump issues in the future. Maybe he is trying to hint he wants a steering stableizer for x-mas and went overboard:o

dirtmomma
11-02-2003, 07:08 AM
WHOOT WHOOT WAY TOOOO GOOOO TROY!!!!! Thats awesome for his 1st season. sorry to hear about his wrist though he must be a tough chit running w/ broken ribs & now a broken wrist!! sounds like you did awesome too!!! Hey just to get out htere w/ the boys is all good!!! Congrats guys!! BTW are the little ones racing mx too??

QuadJunkies
11-02-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
WHOOT WHOOT WAY TOOOO GOOOO TROY!!!!! Thats awesome for his 1st season. sorry to hear about his wrist though he must be a tough chit running w/ broken ribs & now a broken wrist!! sounds like you did awesome too!!! Hey just to get out htere w/ the boys is all good!!! Congrats guys!! BTW are the little ones racing mx too?? No, no MX'ing for these guys just yet, Kelsey needs a new set of shocks, she blew her rear:p They havent put out enough time on that kind of riding, buy I have a sneaky Troy will be fixing her shocks soon so that she can hit it :macho ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ WEll, Troy got back late from the ER last night...... Yup, he broke his wrist, but it was a clean break and the Dr. says it should be fceeling ALOT better in two weeks....Oh>>>>>>> His Boss is gonna chit.....:eek: :eek2:

QuadJunkies
11-02-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Don't spend too much time dreaming about it, because you'll be tired from running through my mind all night... :devil:

Have fun with your mx racing, and good luck in the flat track series! :D haha.Thanks;)

QuadJunkies
11-02-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Joe, PM me if you are interested on info. I will be starting up soon myself.

Qj, that sucks to hear about troy's wrist. I fractured on of mine in my first mx 2 years ago. At least he won. He may have some armpump issues in the future. Maybe he is trying to hint he wants a steering stableizer for x-mas and went overboard:o LoL!!!!! OHHHHH NO, I get one before HE does!:D I had a heck of a time keeping my bars from going crazy on the straights fast, he does need one, but his does better than mine does. looks like he will be needing at bear minium a new seat and a new Throddle and mounting hardware as well. He wants a new CDI first, so I recon thats what Ill get him for Christmas..

QuadJunkies
11-02-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
WHOOT WHOOT WAY TOOOO GOOOO TROY!!!!! Thats awesome for his 1st season. sorry to hear about his wrist though he must be a tough chit running w/ broken ribs & now a broken wrist!! sounds like you did awesome too!!! Hey just to get out htere w/ the boys is all good!!! Congrats guys!! BTW are the little ones racing mx too?? Troys Boss is gonna chit....:eek: :eek2: My Daughter would like to learn how to MX, but she is a blown rear shock, eventually Troy will fix it, I think she will have a few goodies for Christmas:D And Brandon, I think will be converting to Dirt Bikes

seven
11-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Troy is just trying to be cool like me!! Oh sure, Paul brakes his wrists so Troy has to go out and do it. I see how it is.
Here is my new look for my R.
http://seven13.home.mindspring.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=actual&linkpath=http://home.mindspring.com/~seven13/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dscn0811.jpg&target=tlx_new

AtvMxRider
11-02-2003, 03:44 PM
Troys Boss is gonna chit....:eek: :eek2: My Daughter would like to learn how to MX, but she is a blown rear shock, eventually Troy will fix it, I think she will have a few goodies for Christmas:D And Brandon, I think will be converting to Dirt Bikes

Well the money you have spent on emergency room visits for Troy (aka crash) you could have bought her new shocks. lmao