PDA

View Full Version : 250x HELP!!!

250rookie
11-01-2003, 07:40 PM
I just bought a 250x and I love the quad but I have a few problems. I have no idea what year it is, and it dosent want to start very easily. I'll kick 7 or 8 times but then I can see fuel slowly dripping on the ground, so i let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes then try again. After 30 or so kicks i get frustrated and give up. When it does start it runs good. If anyone has any suggestions, opinions, advise, help, tips or tricks with my problems or just a 250x in general I would very greatly appreciate it.

thursday
11-01-2003, 08:13 PM
you might have a leak in ur engine if your leaking fuel check your jetting also when it does start does it make a rattle noise if so ur vavle can be lose to check the year look at ur frame by the front bumper if the sticker is gone there is a cerial number on the side case opposite of your reverse lever

i hope i helped

TheX1992
11-01-2003, 10:25 PM
i had this problem before minus the fuel part. check your decompression cable. look on the top right side of the engine (opposite the spark plug) and you'll see a cable and lever. take the cable off and put the lever as far clockwise as you can and see if it starts

ReconRider25
11-01-2003, 10:44 PM
for the fuel dripping couldnt it just be that the fuel screw on the float bowl is loose?

roostin_dale
11-02-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
for the fuel dripping couldnt it just be that the fuel screw on the float bowl is loose?
or the float might be jammed..that happened to me before.

honda_250x_87
11-02-2003, 06:49 PM
well, i know with mine.. it never leaked gas.. but when ya kicked it, ya had to kick it hard & give it full throttle.. it had no decompression cable so ya really had to kick it.. they are hard to start, but once ya learn how, its real easy!